• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario 3D Land - Deaths and Star Coins

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? I hope you guys are enjoying your day even with these technical difficulties going on throughout the forums. :<

I am currently playing Super Mario 3D Land and I was just messing around with the games, when I noticed how many Star Coins I have collected. I have a whopping 430 Star Coins as of today! I also remember that the game also "secretly" records every single life that was lost during the time you played the game. All you have to do is go to the file selection screen and before you click on a file, you will notice a little white "checklist" box on the left of your file. If you click on the box, you will be able to see the last time you played a level, how many star coins in total you have, how many lives you lost, and the star rank you current earned (from 1-5 with 5 being the highest rank). Also a player can receive "Crown" lives by simply doing this: When you reach x999 lives at any currently state, the moment you gain a life whether by life mushroom or gaining 100 gold coins, the first number 9 will convert into a crown and when you reach the next hundred lives after getting crown lives, the second number 9 will be converted into another crown and so forth.

As of now, I have 430 Star Coins, a rank of 5 stars, currently have x "Crown""Crown"4 lives and have only lost 2 lives in total (I always plan to only die at least once for each brother if the two of them are playable so no more deaths for me know since I know the entire game like the back of my hand X3).

What are you current records for the game? Do you be cautious when playing or do you simply don't care about the amount of times you died? Please comment and respond, and as always, thanks for reading! :3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't have the game and I don't remember the star coin rating, however I snacked on the game when it was on showfloor at my local GameStop. That being said, I personally died 20 times in my career as Mario, but the file read as over 200 deaths. It was quite a sad thing to see considering most of the players were children, and I just wanted to scream "you're playing the game wrongly," at every single one of them! D:

But I cannot be hate filled.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I've completely gone through the game twice. On the first, I have 5 star rank, 326 star coins and 771 "retries". On the second, 5 shiny stars, 315 star coins and 419 retries. I'm a lazy player and typically don't care if I die in the game. My play time is 48 hours 12 minutes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom