• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Sunbreak Title Update 4

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

We got an announcement for the next digital event, on Feb 1st. It's gonna be hosted by another in-game character with his actual voice actor, so that's cool. I like this trend.

We still know very little about what this will bring. MonHun official social media has announced that they're adding a mechanic to have item, equipment, and layered sets all wrapped up into one loadout, and theyre also gonna rework how anomaly research requests function. Aside from that, we have 1 single monster silhouette, and it looks very, very much like Velkhana from Iceborne. I am predicting him and Risen Valstrax. No idea what else they could be adding, though. I feel like they're mostly done with the anomaly stuff, but I wouldn't complain if they added more anomaly content. I would at least like to see weapon pendants from Iceborne return, honestly. Guess we'll see soon enough...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Digital event was pretty short. There's honestly not a lot this time around. New monsters are Velkhana and Risen Valstrax, exactly as predicted. Boosting the anomaly research level cap to 220 is an odd move. They must be planning on maxing it at 300 next update, I guess. They're also adding Chaotic Gore as well as Risen Elders to anomaly hunts, so that's cool. I was complaining before about Risen Elders not doing bloodblight, but now they will, so yay! But overall, this update doesn't really have much of a hook. 1 gave us anomaly research, 2 gave us layered weapons, and 3 gave us an expanded follower system. This update doesn't really do anything comparable to that. Anomaly Risen Elders is still just more anomaly hunts. I wish we'd at least get weapon pendants back.

image.png

Update drops of Feb 7. I'm still looking forward to it. Next update in April will probably be Amatsu and Risen Shagaru Magala. Still wishing we could get Dalamadur or another giant monster back...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Update dropped last night and I've played a little of it so far. Risen Valstrax is a hell of a fight, even more of a visual and mechanical treat than he's ever been before. I love him. Velkhana somehow feels watered down from his Iceborne home but I can't put my finger on why. Still, I want four of his weapons, so I'll be farming him for a while. Haven't started on the anomaly stuff yet but I will before long. I wanna see if Risen Elders are even better in anomaly quests.

Velkhana's quest is given to us by Selva, and just like Paz did in the previous update, he alludes to something big on the horizon. Paz told us last time the Chevaliers are investigating the monster that destroyed Kagero and Tadori's hometown, and this time Selva says the Chevalier investigation given out by the Queen herself is not going well... Hmm hmm hmmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom