• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Sunbreak Title Update 2

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

We got our first trailer for the next title update. As was heavily predicted, one of the headlining monsters for it is an Espinas subspecies. This one appears to be entirely new.

unknown.png

We also have a better look at the other silhouette now. Still looks like a Mizutsune to me. I like the popular theory that they're bringing Thunderbubble Mitsutsune into the main series from Explore. That would be cool.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
A Mizutsune variant is very welcome, if that proves to be true. Can't say I care much at all about an Espinas variant.

Hopefully whatever else the next update brings is more exciting than the first one. Was fairly disappointing.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

TGS today showed off the latest title update info. Can't find only the monster hunter segment on YouTube yet so just the trailer will have to be good enough.

Flaming Espinas turns out to be an old subspecies from Frontier after all. It just never had an official name until now. So, fine, I guess. If they had to pull one from Frontier I would have preferred White Espinas but whatever. Violet Mizutsune however is entirely new, so that's cool. Don't think we needed another fire monster lol but still cool. Looks like a fun fight. Risen Chameleos, though... holy cow. Epic. I love it. A monster that overcomes the anomaly is something I thought they'd save for Malzeno or something but this is sick. I'm glad to see that gimmick done on an elder at least. I can't wait to fight that thing.

Anomaly investigation cap increasing to 120 is neat but not as high as I was expecting. I thought they'd go to 150 in this update and 200 in the next one. Hm. Still excited, though. New anomaly hunts is hype. Layered weapons is extremely hype and long requested. I hope we also get weapon pendants back from Iceborne at some point. They also revealed that Qurious Crafting will get new slots and upgrade levels, which was expected. However, they also revealed that weapon augmentation will not be getting any upgrades, which is not as expected. I thought they would have added a second slot for an additional augment for sure. I wanted that.

Screenshot_20220915-171944_YouTube.jpg

Updated road map does not include silhouettes for update 3 yet... suspicious. I fully expect Chaotic Gore Magala though. Kinda surprised he didn't round out this update actually...

Overall it seems like it has less content than the first one, but I think the content is going to be harder, at least. Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom