• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Sunbreak Title Update 1

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

We have a teaser for a new digital event covering the first title update. Interesting that they're using a whole event for one update. I hope that means it'll be meaty. We have two confirmed monsters on the way with a couple others speculated, and the devs have already confirmed new afflicted quests that will introduce a whole new endgame grind, so I feel like we should already know a lot of what this is going to talk about. Here's hoping for some good reveals.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

So the other monsters were the metal raths, as expected. It's neat to see them return to being arena fights. The new anomaly stuff looks even deeper than I imagined. I dig it. Nice to see weekly events are starting up again soon, too. I'm glad sunbreak is finally delivering on the content that rise desperately needed.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Now that I've had some hands-on time with the update, I must say I'm impressed with how meaty it is. The investigations are super beefy and have a ton of things to do. It not only makes the previous postgame grind better, but also introduces an entire new category of things to work toward at the same time. Qurious Crafting seems to be framed as something you don't actually need to do, which is nice for those people who hate randomized upgrades (I've talked to a few such friends). Doesn't punish you for not doing it to play the regular content. Though if you wanna do the high-level investigations it's probably in your best interest to do it, but you need to do investigations to get the materials to do it anyway so like. It's a very self-contained grind. No need to touch it unless you want to. It kind of feels like they did it that way because they listened to fan complaints about the postgame content. I personally have loved both grinds a lot. Afflicted monsters are really challenging but in a fun way. Bringing back memories of the deviant grind in GenU.

The new monsters they added are fun. Seething Bazelgeuse is a lot different from how he was in Iceborne, I don't have too many thoughts on him but I didn't hate him. Lucent Nargacuga was a lot of fun too, and it was my first time fighting him since I never made it to him in 3U. Cool monster. I really enjoyed how they beefed up Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian, though. They're a lot of fun and the best they've ever been.

I also appreciate the new cosmetics. Very good for my sense of fashion. I am very much looking forward to the weekly event quests starting, as well. Very good title update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom