• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Summer Camp

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Summer Camp
Chapter 1 - The arrival

As Mialee, Kalisca, Ikalee, Hazel, Ark, Atsuma, Din, Kate and Smitie (if you aren't mentioned and want to be in it let me know) arrived at the summer camp the sun began to set. Ark yawned as he was pretty worn out after the day of travelling, but the youngest, Kalisca, was jumping up and down with excitement. " Oh wow! This looks great, I can't wait! Look at those people training with bows and swords and all sorts!"
"Yes." Ark mumbled "It looks great, but can we get to our cabins now? I am exhausted!"
Din was playing with her fire, not noticing her surroundings, but when Ikalee pointed out that we were here, she looked up and almost droppped her flame in amazement. " Oh my gosh! This looks way better than I expected!" She said she examined the place.
"Hmm." Said Smitie, deep in thought. "They have lots of rare nature here, a great place to study some biology!"
"There is something for everyone isn't there?!" Exclaimed Hazel. She cut some nettles from the ground and began stiring them into a pot of water from the nearby river. "Din, fire please!" As she said this, Din's flame lit a decent campfire for Hazel to prepare a first meal of nettle soup on. Mialee, Atsuma and Kate were telling the cheif that they had arrived, he was called Lapu Lapu and he explained that they would have to live off nature and that he was there to provide activities and nothing else! Mialee realised she would have to tell that to Ark, who had been expecting their own rooms...

"Okay everyone, listen up!" Mialee said " We have to live off the land, because of the number of us, we will have to split into two groups, the first will be: Me, Smitie, Ark, Hazel and Kate, leaving the other group to be: Kalisca, Ikalee, Atsuma and Din. I hope you are okay with that, it was Lapu Lapu's decision. We will be taking part in different activities at different times but otherwise we can be together. We need to set up tents, for the boys and the girls. Let's get to it!"

After a while they had managed to set up 3 tent like things using leaves, branches and other natural resources. In one was Ark and Atsuma, the second had Mialee, Din, Ikalee and Kate. Leaving the final one for Kalisca, Hazel and Smitie.

In minutes they fell asleep, they were tired out. There was a terrible storm during the night, but due to their team efforts they stayed dry.

The next morning they were awakened by Lapu Lapu. "Riiiight!" His voice bellowed " Mialee's group, first activity raft building! Group two, bow making report to the main cabin in five minutes fully equiped and ready! Don't be late!

Last edited by a moderator:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Hehehe, looks fun and all with all of us being out in the outdoors. I noticed a few typos and some missing words where they should have been inserted, but it's ok, the story is far from terrible. XD

Good job, I am glad people are starting to write their ideas, it will keep me busy reading. Oh, and why did I have to share my tent with Arkvoodle? A demon and a Dragir don't go together, I'd shred him to pieces lol. JK, demon and Dragir are from my stories. :P

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, maybe something else will happen in chapter 2, and can you point out my errors because I don't see any...

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Great story,Ameego.(get it?Ameego means friend and your name is Meego7.)I wish I could be in it.If I can,can my character be named Spark.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Very nice story Meego! It seems to be quite interesting, all of us ZD members at a Summer camp :P

I have to share with Xel!? Gah! (JK Xel :P) I'd probably eat him.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well, maybe something else will happen in chapter 2, and can you point out my errors because I don't see any...

You want to see your errors? Okay, but you'll have to wait a bit, I have to go back to work in a few minutes, so I will look over your story again and point them out to you so you can correct them or not. XD

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
The story seems pretty good, you said something about that you have perfect part for me, well I would love to join! when would you post the next chapter?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Here comes chapter 2! This chapter won't have loads of suspense but the next one will!

Mialee noticed that Ark and Atsuma weren't at the main cabin in their tent. She wondered over with Kate only to find their tent ripped to shreds and they were fighting down by the river. They ran over quickly. "Why weren't they like this last night? They seemed perfectly fine with each other." Asked Kate.
"Well, they were so tired I guess they didn't care!" Mialee answered. "Hey! You guys! Stop it now!"
Despite this, the two of them kept fighting and hurting each other. "Wow, these two certainly aren't morning people." Said Hazel who was carrying a bucket of fresh river water. Hazel tipped the water over their heads. "Now! You stop it and rebuild separate tents later, but for now go and get ready for the first activity!" Shouted Hazel. Reluctantly, the two slumped off to get ready. Kate and Mialee burst into laughter afterwards. "Ha, Hazel, you are awesome!" Said Kate, in between giggles.

Meanwhile, Din and Kalisca were down at the target range practicing their aim, whilst Smitie was observing a green chu chu feasting on a rare plant. Everyone else was down at the main cabin ready to receive their first activity brief. The others joined them and lined up in their groups. Kalisca's group was told to go down to the target range for the bow making "What was the point in even coming here if they just send us back where we were?" Thought Kalisca.

The others were sent down to the edge of the river for raft building. Lapu Lapu gave them their task. "Okay, you lot. Your task is to build a stable raft that holds you and floats, once you have it you must sail over to the nearby island located half a mile north of here. There is some hidden treasure on the island, you must retrieve it then come back to base with it. Here are your maps and compasses, good luck!"

The team set to work on collecting all the things they could find. Luckily, Lapu Lapu had provided them with some ropes, so they were able to tie some thick branches together and add mud and leaves. "Perfect!" Said Ark, "Now let me test it!" Ark climbed onto the raft slowly. "It is sinking! Help!" Hazel and Smitie pulled Ark out of the water whilst Kate and Mialee grabbed the raft and dragged it ashore. "Hmm, what do we need?" Thought Smitie.
"Look over there!" Said Kate. "Some wodden barrels, they will work!"
"Yes, perfect!" Triumphed Hazel.

After a while they had managed to get the raft to float. They approached two paths in the river with an ominous cliff above. Suddenly a digital like black and red hole appeared in the sky. "What is that?!" Screamed Mialee.
"I have no idea!" Yelled Ark

Last edited:

Hazel

A Frog
Here are the errors I've spotted for the moment. But nice story, all in all!
Chapter one :
was pretty warn out --> worn out
Ikalee and Kate. Leaving the final --> I personally would have put a comma there.

Chapter two :
at the main cabbin in their --> cabin

But it's a nice story, and the second chapter finishes in a cliffhanger (I hate cliffhangers so much I love 'em!)
I like it, keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom