• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Suggestions for New Items in Zelda Wii

were always rambling on and on about which items should come back, which items come back to often, which items suck and what not, but what about new items?

lets make a suggestion list for new items for this game, post yours, and if i like it, ill add it to the list, ill only add the ones which i think are the best so if yours isnt here, dont be a b**** :)

anyway ill start us off

telekinetic gloves: an upgrade to your gloves that attracts rupees and ammunition

rope: use on certain enemies to stop them from running away

blind whatever: blinds enemies and causes them to attack wildly and aimlessly and possible kill their friends

L

leftyrock91

here's one i thought of

Grapple hookshot(grapple hook and clawshot): Can be used as a hook shot, or a grapple hook. When you shoot at something with the hookshot, you could move around with the chain being loose, then press A to hookshot to that point. Or you could use the grapple part to swing on something.

Ladder(come on it needs a comeback lol): Can be used to cross small rivers and reach places that are difficult to get to without it.

Crossbow: An upgraded bow with more accuracy.

2-handed sword: Would be sweet with wii motion plus. Just a big sword that must be wielded with two hands, can slow down player depending on the sword size.

Butterfly net: Used to catch faries (ooh where have we seen this before? :D)

That's all i can think of right now.

S

Slambofett

More magic, Magic is far too under used in zelda games, I would love to see more magic moves that have practical uses. More items like the Ice Rod and Din's Fire.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
There are about six threads like this by the way. And this topic has been discussed many times.

U

Urgh76

I would say Magnetic Gloves

They don't attract items, but they allow you to stick to certain surfaces like the iron boots, except the gloves attract metal not the other way around

Epwna

The epic turnip king
How about instead of the boomerang, we get Tomahawks. Like bombs and arrows, you can only have a limited amount. They do damage, not stun. They can't bring things back to you. They can hit switches and can go farther than the boomerang and cut through a lot of stuff(rope,web,chain,etc.).

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
How about something like the Beeswax Boots? What they do, is they let you walk up smooth walls and surfaces!
Energy potion. It increases you're speed and accuracy, as well as damage given. It also reduces damage received.
Invisibility armor. Does not work on bosses. This item would work like the Magic Armor on TP. It uses rupees, and without them, it's like your wearing iron boots. What it actually does, is it turn's you invisible to all common foes.
All I got for now ;)

-Triforce as an item: like they wanted to do in OoT BETA
-Magic Meter
-Spells: Flying Spell, Dins Fire, Healing Spell, Lens of thruth spell, etc
-A lute: as Link new instrument
-Multiple transportation methods: Epona, Spinner, A bird or a dragon (something that can fly), etc.
-Bomb arrow's return: they were so much fun
-Two swords: instead of the sword shield method, but with the option of the classic method
-New Villain: Ganondorf should remain quiet this game
-Altough not an item i would also like more challenging boss battles, because the bosses in most games are kinda predictable and easy

Those are my suggestions

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
Seed Satchel, change it into some sort of gem bag or something. Also, a flail which would be a cross between the Grappling Hook and the Ball and Chain.

An item that allows you to switch places with certain objects like statues or something.
A temperature device that allows you to increase the temperature or decrease the temperature of an entire room or of certain objects
A few new kinds of swords (two-handed would be nice to have again)
Magic! I miss the spells.
Maybe something to electrically/magically power things, like machines or magical devices. Like a thunder rod or something.
An item that returns objects to a new state, like makes this go back in time. Maybe a switch was damaged and you use it to fix it, or a door is blocked by rubble and you use it and its back to a new door that opens and closes.

New kinds of boots and gloves would be nice. New suits as well. And new shields.
Maybe waterfall gloves that allow you to climb waterfalls or something.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
a dagger as a dungeon item, that doubles to solve puzzles. I think they could make a really great dungeon around that item, plus it could be multifunctional (thowing daggers/knife fighting) and in that case you you could carry a few, and buy or pick up more daggers.

I'd also like to see another good sheikah themed item, like the lens of truth but more powerful (see through all deceptions) and able to see farther away as well.

Basically I just want a lot of multifunctional (versatile) weapons that we haven't see before.

Like a Sheild that you can really bash people in the face with (wii motion plus should be able to do that!) or axe that can chop down doors and solve wood based puzzles and damage monsters. Actually im not so sure about an axe but i stick by my other examples.

I hope we get seeds too... OoX had a lot of great ideas that I think could translate really well into 3D. With a few clever names for the new seeds they could have a brand new item. then it could be like Link and the bean stock where he climbs up into the City in the Sky and streals the Golden Cucco. Naw just kidding. But what if they combined the slingshot with these seeds? we could have all sorts of crazy effects with the variety of seeds. Other than that I have no idea!!! But Im willing to bet we will see at least one new item at E3.

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
I always wondered, remember Byrne's gauntlet in ST? Try turning it into an item. It would be like a hookshot at first, but then it could have some other features as well, such as being used a weapon in combat, and a power glove to push certain blocks. Hell it could even be used underwater along with whatever Link uses to breathe underwater. (Zora Armor, duh.)

Also, I know I've said this a million times before, but how about a flail? It could be a lightweight ball and chain with a spearhead attached to the end, and due to it's lightweight-ness, it can also be used as a grappling hook. Here's an example:

There's a large gap in a dungeon, and over it is a grappling post and a magnetic crane moving back on forth across the ceiling. So how do you get across? Simply pull out the flail, and throw it around the post and start swinging. But wait, the remaining gap is too far for link to jump, and there's a magnetic field attached to a moving platform going back and forth between the hole and the platform. This requires timing, so wait until the magnet gets close, and jump, then equip the iron boots mid-jump. Then just wait until the magnet moves over the platform and unequip the boots. See? A simple puzzle easily solved using two items.

Ya they definately need to make the puzzles use more than one item, or use an item in a way you havent before. or at least an item not from that dungeon.

What would be cool if you got an item, say iron boots, and went underwater, then used them as a weight to get acrss windy places or to break into weak ground, then as a magnet, and then used to walk across spikes, then used to kick a small hole at the bottom of a wall so a switch appears, then used to reflect light all over the room like a disco ball to hit all the light switches and open a door.

Like, one item used many different ways that you've never seen before so its not so simple. Then weird puzzles will show up and you won't know what to do because you've never seen any item in your invetory do that before, but one of your items works!, so then you gotta try all of your items and find which one does the trick.

I dunno, I just think its a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom