• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sudoku, Picross, Crosswords, Solitaire

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
EVERYBODY on this planet should know what these are. My question is simple: Do you ever do any of this to kill time? I used to play Spider Solitaire a lot when my internet broke down again and I made crosswords when I had to take the train and my DS was dying on me. So do you or don't you?

octorok74

TETTAC
I love all of those things. I really liked that Picross 3D game for the DS. But Sudoku's and Solitaire are awesome. Heck, I played Solitaire all through high school during class. And then I sometimes help my father with crossword puzzles. All great puzzles.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love Spider Solitaire, but admittedly I only play one suit because I'm not good at luck based games!
I was never good as Sudoku because I never understood how to play. Crosswords puzzles are always fun, though! :D

I do NOT know what Picross is! D:

When I usually get home from school, I either play Solitaire, Crossword puzzles, or Sudoku from many different sources such as the Newspaper, Books, and even online. I didn't know what a Picross is until "Mario Picross" was put on the Eshop. loler

Ventus said:

Nonograms, also known as Paint by Numbers or Griddlers are picture logic puzzles in which cells in a grid have to be colored or left...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I love Spider Solitaire, but admittedly I only play one suit because I'm not good at luck based games!
I was never good as Sudoku because I never understood how to play. Crosswords puzzles are always fun, though! :D

Picross is a game where you have a couple of numbers in a row. These numbers indicate how many squares you have to fill with a color. But it's up to you in what order you have to place them. By this I mean you have to figutre out how many squares must be placed between them. Let's say you face 1-1-3-4-1. This means you have to fill 1 square and figure out how many squares should be between the next square which is also a 1 square. and then the next squares are a row of three and you must figure out how much space must be there between the 1 square and the row of three and so on. The end result is a picture of something

bunny

birb overlord
I used to play Solitaire a lot when I was younger, but not since I've gotten internet accessibility. I still enjoy a good game of Sudoku every now and then, but I usually won't play any of those sort of things unless I am completely and utterly bored. There are a lot of other things I prefer to do, even without internet. (COUGH, drawing COUGH.) But yeah, I do like those things, and I do think they're fun. I just... don't play them very often.

I rarely play crossword puzzles anymore because they're too easy...unless it's in the newspaper. Those are more challenging.

Spider solitaire has sucked so many hours of my life away. It's simple yet addicting. I haven't played in nearly a year though. Need to get back in the loop/

I'm an intermediate Sudoku player but as with solitaire, I'm on a hiatus. I've solved every sudoku puzzle thrown at me but some take longer than others.

Picross isn't my strong point. I need to practice a lot more.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I like Sudoku (though I find Kakuro to be way more fun) and Piccross (and various variations of that). Some kind of crosswords can be fun from time to time, if they are the puzzling kind (like you have a set amount of spaces for words and then you have a long list of words and you have to figure out which word goes where, or you have to find words from a list in a huge square of random letters and then figure out which one on the list can't be found in the letters). Solitaire is for me more of a boredom activity (or if I need to be doing something while watching something), not something I will actively seek out for the most part.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I play Solitaire on my phone during the half hour between classes when I'm just sitting in the library eating my lunch because it's not enough time to justify walking back to my dorm.

But SUDOKU, MAN I LOVE SUDOKU. I'm p.fast at it too. Got a free Brain Age sudoku edition from club nintendo recently and god I just play the crap out of that. I put it down after getting a bit too competitive against myself with Brain Age's whole timing how long it takes me function. Sudoku is more a calm down and relax activity for me, can't do that if I'm racing the clock lol. Still play time and again because Sudoku is <3

Kazumi

chagy
I really enjoy playing Sudoku every now and then. I had a book of puzzles, but then I finished them all. In pen. So, I've just been playing on my phone if I get really bored. It works out pretty well. I've never been too big of a fan of crosswords, solitaire, or picross however.

A few months ago, I didn't even know what a Sudoku was until my friend told me about them. Now, I'm hooked; I love playing the easy ones to see how fast I can get them done. I play the extreme difficulty ones when I just want to relax and pass-time.

My fastest record for an easy-level Sudoku is 1:58. I'm so proud of that time haha.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I love playing games such as those.
Sudoku is one of my favorites. (though I cheat on hard ones sometimes)

My favorite solitaire game is Freecell, There is (almost) always a way to solve every possible way the cards can be dealt.
I've even played it to sort a real deck of cards once. :P
Spider solitare comes a close second.

I like puzzles a lot in general though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom