• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Subspace Emmisary

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
I enjoyed Subspace a lot. I get the complaints about the level design being somewhat unengaging, but for me, it was like a chance to free-roam using Smash's gameplay, and I really enjoyed that as a concept. That's the kind of thing I wish existed more in games that are normally match-based. It's nice to just get to explore.

And, I actually do quite enjoy the Great Maze, but I can understand the sentiment that it should've been post-game or something. I also think about how the premise of the Great Maze essentially was rebooted for World of Light as well, but I much prefer actually having levels instead of map + event match combos.

Cutscenes were absolutely the highlight. I did quite like how there were a few variations to some of the cutscenes based on some decisions of which characters to use or save, and that made the cutscenes feel more connected to your playthrough, which was very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom