• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sub or Dub?

Do you prefer to watch Subbed or Dubbed Anime?

• Total voters

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I've always found the english voices to sound pretty cringe
I watched a few dubbed episodes of Ninja Hattori and it has to be the worst dub ever. The only dub I'm watching now is DBZ. Since I started watching it in dubs I'm reluctant to change in mid way

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
It is dub for me. Mainly because I don't really like how screechy high pitched it can get sometimes in japanese, and I also feel like I connect better with the story if I can understand what the voices are saying

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Dubbed anime unless it isn't available. I like being able to look away from the screen and not miss out on dialogue I couldn't understand.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I prefer dubbed anime for the most part because I know if I look away from the screen I won't miss anything but with subtitles if I want to step away to grab some water I have to pause and I really have to pay attention to the text. I'm also a slow reader so I don't like having to pause a lot. I will watch anime that doesn't have a dub available if I absolutely need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom