• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stylish Sword Maneuvers

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I definitely think they will add new animations or sword skills. We've seen the demo's, Link did the front flip thing and if they decide to include magic in the series I think there will be even more reason to add more things like this. The skills in TP were actually planned out quiet well, the process of finding them was and when you learned them you actually used them.

This should be incorporated into Skyward Sword.

I think that the fact that theyre using wii motion plus leaves a LOT open for cool sword maneuvers! Also, we might be able to do them ourselves instead of watch them happen. it would be really cool if you could do certain swings in order that dealt more damage, like combos from street fighter. that would be SICK!

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Mid-air combat when Link dives to the world below?

That would be EPIC. I could just see myself swinging my Wii mote trying to slice and dice a flying dragon, or something of that sort.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
@Linkanon: Do you mean signatures? Ask a moderator for some info.

I'm certain there will be some sort of cool sword skill, I mean, the vertical spin attack looks flippin awesome! Lol, "flippin". Anyone agree?

Yeah, with WMP, sword skills+WMP sounds like a really cool combo. Twilight Princess's special skills were okay, but they were more button and mindless waggling skills, thats how I felt it. If Skyward Sword's gonna have it, it'll be awesome! Especially now with WMP to execute more motion than button yay!!

Ook, back to the topic. Need an example of an interesting way sword maneuvers can work while skydiving, check out the new demo for Force Unleashed 2. The effects increase the impact as you fall, slashing at everything coming your way. It was epic, and pretty damn fun to make that dive. It really puts you in the shoes of the character. I imagine a SS rendition of such a sequence being a tad slower, possibly being controlled like mario has been in terms of flying (pushing forward makes you dive fast, while back, slows you down). It could certainly be pulled off with the right effects and enemies- could even make for an interesting boss fight. I see skydiving pants on link, so this is at least plausable, especially seeing Link dive from the mountain in the trailer.

Down on the ground, I would love to see the return of Epona, with a fresh new palette of techniques at hand to dispose my enemies on horseback, such as jabbing my sword at enemies in a jousting fashion and using my shield to block attacks and throw my enemies from their four legged transportation (horse/boar). Maybe certain moves like the mortal draw could return where time slows and if you draw your sword at the correct time, you draw your blade to unleash a brutal attack on your horseback enemy. It's a stretch, I know, but its just an example.

On foot, I think its time Link learned how to fight using more than just his tools. When he's dashing at an enemy, I want an option to go all "A Link to the Past," pull out my sword, and impale him, maybe tackle him to the ground for a finishing blow, even use my shield to knock the emeny off his feet. They mentioned Link could lose his sword at some point. Link's still got fists, and the tackle mentioned earlier applies for a less violent experience, and could improve on a stealth section, such as Link's first visit to the Forsaken Fortress in WW. As per the original post, new attcks such as the ones learned in TP would be welcome for more traditional fight sequences.

The options are endless with his new abilities already introduced with the stamina bar and stylish flips, as well as the inclusion of the Wii Motion Plus.

I like the fact that with the more realistic sword control thanks to the Wii Motionplus, we will be able to create our own style of sword movements, such as being able to use a feint. However, I believe that this thread is trying to address the question of whether or not there will be maneuvers such as the Hidden Skills in Twilight Princess.

I enjoyed the Hidden Skills aspect of Twilight Princess, and I would like Nintendo to introduce a similar aspect like that again. Some people have been mentioning the fact that we can do a front flip attack by pushing both controllers forward in a motion, which shows some hope. However, I'd prefer to have to perform slightly more complex maneuvers that involve the Motionplus, instead of maneuvers that we could have easily performed with the Wiimote by itself, because I think that doing that defeats the point of having the Motionplus attachment.

I'll be happy to get a list of sword maneuvers though, whether or not the Motionplus is used for them or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom