• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupid Things You Were Scared of As a Child

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
The Teletubbies were terrifying all the time. But this particular episode. Ma Gawd. And not for the 'Scary' lion, I was for him. Just dat bear. Help

[video=youtube;ASnh7_zSimU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASnh7_zSimU[/video]

The BBC like to ruin children's dreams, and they succeeded.

OH MY GOD YES!! I WAS SO SCARED OF THAT SCARY LION AND BEAR THING!!!!!!

Sorry I just got mega excited that someone else shared my fear. The lion scared me more though, it's the voices :(

I used to also be afraid of a show called Round The Twist. If you youtube the theme song, you will find the song that haunted my nightmares. It was this Australian import show that used to freak me out. I was also afraid of the Demon Headmaster and the theme music to X-Files.

Aside from tv, I didn't really have any weird fears. I was only afraid of the dark until I was about 6, but I'm sure some of my phobias are rooted in childhood somewhere.

Last edited:
Once when I was little my mom had the TV on and it was playing the news, and they were talking about Saddam Hussein. I was too young to actually understand who he was but my mom just told me he was a bad guy. So me and my brothers were terrified of him lurking around our backyard at night and coming in through the windows of our house. Really bizarre now that I think about/remember it...
And when we discovered the Missingno cheat in Pokemon Red/Blue, my younger brother was terrified of it because of how it would glitch your game. He had a nightmare once about it coming after him and actually woke up screaming.

I thought of another one. I saw the movie Titanic when I was too young to have seen it (when it came out) and the part when all those people froze to death floating in the water, I was so afraid of those dead people. I was afraid to take a bath because I thought they would come up through the drain in the bathtub or in through the window of my bathroom.

Last edited:

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
When I was little I fell into the toilet a couple of times and after the third time I was convinced that there was a monster in every single toilet out to get me and when I flushed its hand would come up and grab me. For the longest time I was scared of being in the bathroom when the toilet flushed after that. I remember flushing the toilet then running out as quickly as possible so nothing could grab me.

Fig

The Altruist
When I was a young lad, I was afraid of many things as I didn't know what was going around me most of the time. Looking back now, I laugh at the thought that I was once afraid of shadows. I don't know why I was in the first place. It probably had to do with the fact that there something following and mimicking every action that I was doing at any point in my life! :xd:

Skunk

Floof
I was afraid of the internet until I was about eight. All I ever heard about the internet was that bad things happened to people that used it. And then I found Pokemon LP's and the Pokemon official site and WebKinz and then I was just like :nyan:

No but seriously, I was kind of scared to use the internet when I was little.

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
Oh geez, where do I begin? Tornados, spiders, the dark, a Fur-Real cat that was in my sister's closet (and I was older at the time...), and last but not least, sharks. An irrational fear of sharks. I had never seen one, I still have not. I thought sharks were in the bathtub, pools, and a foam block pit at our local gym. How's that for pathetic.

Beeker

Wild Card
Thomas the Tank Engine(despite having the play sets) and the Big Comfy Couch. Whenever either of those shows came on, I'd run away crying. As I grew up though, I realized how utterly stupid these fears were. Not afraid of clowns or anything though, other than that haven't really been. xD
Surprisingly, I wasn't scared of the Teletubbies at all. I used to love that as a kid actually. In the Night Garden and Boobah though? What the everloving frick.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I was afraid of those lift things you see workers using in home improvement stores like Lowe's and Menards. I was afraid they were going to run me over.

キラ

Yo!
Church. I would cry and say that I wanted to go home. I hated church.

I still don't like going to church. I'm atheist. So obviously... Yup.

Two things, the mummified hands from Banjo-Kazooie... I mean what the frack! It's supposed to be a game which kids can play (yeah, from the same company that made Conker haha) and all is going well until some dead hand emerges chasing you =/

The other, which still bugs me, is loud noises, I used to have trouble when going to the cinema, the whole promo intro for Dolby and THX sound used to scare the crap outta me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...&feature=iv&src_vid=PvnlpPWAcZc&v=fLWacgcUMKw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR--SwXDPAE

Two things, the mummified hands from Banjo-Kazooie... I mean what the frack! It's supposed to be a game which kids can play (yeah, from the same company that made Conker haha) and all is going well until some dead hand emerges chasing you =/

The other, which still bugs me, is loud noises, I used to have trouble when going to the cinema, the whole promo intro for Dolby and THX sound used to scare the crap outta me

[video=youtube;fLWacgcUMKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_285706&feature=iv&src_vid=PvnlpPWAcZc&v=fLWacgcUMKw[/video]
[video=youtube;UR--SwXDPAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR--SwXDPAE[/video]

When I was little, my mom got me a Goosebumps book and in it someone steals the protagonist's body. I had nightmares about someone snatching my body haha

When I was a kid, Ronald McDonald scared me to death. I had many nightmares about this effing clown.

I used to collect spiders. I've had pet snakes. I'm not really afraid of anything. But I still would love to bash that guy's face in. I wouldn't even go to the play area at McDonalds as a kid because they usually had a statue of Ronald sitting on a bench somewhere and then I couldn't sleep for a week.

Ericzander

tinyurl.com/mtkslrd
I was, and still am, terrified of King Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Like... Really. That is the way I picture ghosts now. Whenever I have nightmares, HE is the one stalking me.

1JmCA.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom