• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupid Things You Were Scared of As a Child

Dan

I used to be really scared of the dark, it's like as long as there's a little bit of light, I'm cool, but if it's too dark, I lose it.

Being scared of the dark isn't stupid, it's quite wise, to put it into a better prospective, you can't see too well in the dark, anybody could be lurking within its confines, that person could be very dangerous, possibly hardcore dangerous, so there's nothing wrong with being scared of the dark, I still am to this day.

Salem

SICK
Being scared of the dark isn't stupid, it's quite wise, to put it into a better prospective, you can't see too well in the dark, anybody could be lurking within its confines, that person could be very dangerous, possibly hardcore dangerous, so there's nothing wrong with being scared of the dark, I still am to this day.
Other people used to give me crap for being so scared, so I just had to get over it at around age 12, 13 or something, I don't remember.

Dan

Other people used to give me crap for being so scared, so I just had to get over it at around age 12, 13 or something, I don't remember.

I hear this reply a lot, "other people" when it comes to other peoples opinions over what we deem a personal flaw, we must take it with a grain of salt. We must first process if what this person is saying is useful, and never let it get to us personally, if it isn't useful then it should be ignored, if it is, then we should heed it, but filter out the hatred and cruelness that came attached to it.

The theme song to this one show called Bonkers! used to scare the living hell out of me and make me quite sad, as well. Seagulls used to scare the living hell out of me, too, because they'd swoop down at me. I knew that they were just after my food, but yeah. Also... Mascots—like, costumed characters—used to creep me the eff out, but only if I actually saw them in person. There was this one time where I went to a picnic and Barney (the dinosaur) was there—traumatized the fiving luck out of me. Lastly, what scared me the most is my imagination; even to this day it has the potential to turn anything into something totally creepy and effed up. That last one pretty much covers all of the other random bits of typically unscary things that scared me as a kid. I can still recall a few numbers that scared me due to my strange imagination such as the number 2, because I'd imagine that it had huge, sharp teeth and wore lipstick and a bikini. Oh yeah, I was also once afraid of pianos, because that one monster piano from Super Mario 64 appeared in one of my weird nightmares in which my sister transformed to it and tried to eat me. Forgot about seashells, but they still creep me out to this day, so they kinda don't count...

Darnit, I forgot to mention those warning/alert things that would come on TV, especially late at night and/or when I was at home by myself. "This is a test of the emergency alert system." What's up with that guy's voice? It's llike really deep and hearty for no reason. There was also these religion shows that'd come on late a night where the minister guy would talk about the end of days or something, and then there was his creepy, smiling assistant lady who always smiled as if it was a great thing that seven-headed beasts and dark, creepy horsemen were going to destroy the world in every cruel and twisted way imaginable. That one song called "Wonderful World" (I think) is also pretty scary. Okay, I'll stop now before I think of something else.

Too late—thought of something else. My dad once told me that if I didn't stop eating so many sweets that worms would be in my poop, so I went several days without pooping. Speaking of which, because of this one movie, I was scared of toilets for Buddha knows how long. Okay, I'm done now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
The Teletubbies were terrifying all the time. But this particular episode. Ma Gawd. And not for the 'Scary' lion, I was for him. Just dat bear. Help

[video=youtube;ASnh7_zSimU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASnh7_zSimU[/video]

The BBC like to ruin children's dreams, and they succeeded.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Clowns. I was only really afraid of them because everybody else was. I mean, it's silly really. Clowns are meant to bring happiness, not fear.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
95% of children's television was pretty terrifying. Everything bar Fireman Sam and Postman Pat, pretty much.

And any kind of horror movie. I know it's not stupid to be scared of a horror movie, but, now I can watch them, be scared, but then just go to bed. Cos what I just watched wasn't real! When I was younger I found it hard to say that to myself and there were nights of staying up with the light on cos I was scared if I turned them off a guy with a chainsaw would attack me. Had to either stay awake or find myself a protector!

The Teletubbies were terrifying all the time. But this particular episode. Ma Gawd. And not for the 'Scary' lion, I was for him. Just dat bear. Help

[video=youtube;ASnh7_zSimU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASnh7_zSimU[/video]

The BBC like to ruin children's dreams, and they succeeded.

P-sha! Teletubbies ain't got crap on Boohbah. Exhibit A (vide infra):

View at your own discretion.
[video=youtube_share;tJvHrx1X-Gk]http://youtu.be/tJvHrx1X-Gk[/video]

Sorry I had to do that to joo mang... -_-

When I was younger, I was always afraid of strangers entering my room. It seems a bit irrational now since my room is on the second floor and quite a distance from the stairs so I clearly would have heard if something were suspicious, but back then I always had to lock my door and sleep with my back turned to it so I could see if anyone tried to sneak through my window, lol. That's what you get for watching all those action cartoons as a kid. ;)

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I don't remember much I, myself, was afraid of. But I do know some things my little sister was, as I scared her all the time :P

I used to pretend that I was friends with Bloody Mary, when we were really, really small, and I used to pretend I was talking to her, and it scared my sister like crazy. Someone else had told her that if she goes to one of the washrooms in our house, that a ghost ship will come and the captain with a hooked hand will kill her. She somehow fell for it, and stayed away from that washroom for years xD Oh, at one point in my life, I was obsessed with snails (don't judge), so my sister said that if I touch them too much, then there would be red spots all over my arms, and I got terrified, and stopped my obsession immediately xD

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
Balloons. You've all probably heard it before, but I have been mortally afraid of balloons my entire life. Because my mom scared me (unintentionally) with one. I cannot be in the same room as one. Once we were shooting in Cadets, and Ma'am brought out balloons to shoot. Some people tacked theirs up, (We go in shifts) and my friend Johnny was sitting beside me. Holding a balloon. I tried to scoot away, and he asked, "Oh, do you have that fear of balloons?" and proceeded to pretend to pop it with his legs when I said yes. I almost slapped him. (Would have if we were outside.)

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I had a SpongeBob video game (it was my first video game) and the fourth level's boss was the Flying Dutchman and I was absolutely terrified of it. I remember I had my brother beat it for me because I was so scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom