• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupid Things You Did? (in Zelda Games)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
In Majora's Mask, wearing all the masks in front of someone and then talking to them to see their reactions is always fun. I distinctly remember one time spending a whole three days doing that to as many people as I could. It was such a waste of time, but and probably the most senseless thing I've done in-game. xD From what I recall, my favorite reactions came from the Treasure Hunt game lady and the Gormon Brothers.

Another thing is, in Twilight Princess, I'd draw enemies—Bokoblins, for example—in by harmlessly hitting them with a Clawshot and then shield-bash them into the bottomless gorge below. Likewise, I loved fighting the boar-mounted Bokoblins and driving them over the edges of cliffs in that field just north of Kakariko Village.

Finally, Skyward Sword... This is my favorite frivolity of all time in Zelda. Walking into a pumpkin patch and stabbing the sword into a gourd. Then Link proceeds to swing his sword out, which launches the pumpkins a long ways off. I pretend that I'm catapulting pumpkins at the citizens of Skyloft.

LumiGem

He gave me LOADED DICE!
On Phantom Hourglass, I literally spent HOURS running is circles, not knowing what to do at that one maze. All I had to do was bomb a stupid wall.

SS, Sky Keep, Sandship room. I tried to drag one of the barrels at the beginning of the room all the way to the floor switch before I figured out how to proceed using the timeshift orb and an arrow. I was putting the timeshift orb too close to the fan -_-

I did the exact same thing.

I think ive put the bug net over every npc's head possible in ss ... an acidental thing i do way too often is try to catch a fairy in a bottle with one already in it wasting it.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(Too lazy to read all responses, so if this is a repeat of what others have done, sorry).

The jumping off a place onto a horse thing: I once spent something on the order of an hour trying to jump on Epona from the rise in the trail to Death Mountain (you know, the one little cliff with the netting that's guarded by the Goron)? You can get her positioned just right - in a way that if the game were realistic, you could pull it off, but since the game is programming and will not allow you to do things that violate the programming, you *cannot* jump onto Epona. If I recall correctly, she moves, ever so slightly.

I've been playing TP lately (so most of these from me will be TP)... Boar-riding and seeing what you can get them to do! Riding the boars outside of Kakariko - they will *not* leave the field. If you spur them right toward the trail into Kakariko or the Bridge of Eldin, they will charge, then suddenly, stop. They won't crash and buck you off, they just... stop. "I won't go this way, Master. I sense barbeque sauce." Also, you *can* run them off a cliff-edge into oblivion and die.

Today, I was at the Snowpeak Mansion. I did the "Kill Link with a cannon" thing I learned about once on here. A bomb alone in the cannon didn't kill him, only having the cannonball loaded did.

A fun thing to do in TP if you need/want to walk away from your console for a while and leave the game running while you go eat food or take a nap or something: (Post getting the Master Sword and at-will transformation ability) - Enter Castle Town as a wolf. Hang out by the fountain or by the road up to the castle. Just leave Wolf Link there for a good long time. Come back from whatever you've been doing to see loads of cowardly guards gathered around him! (Then do a spin-move and watch them scatter). --- My fiancee' did this a lot when he played through TP. He'd leave the game on all night and in the morning, there'd be 30-some-odd guards around Link.

In Skyward Sword, I tried to stop Remlits from attacking me at night by playing the Goddess Harp. I figured "Music soothes the savage beast, maybe it will do something." Link got torn to shreds and the harp got stowed in favor of the sword.

These are what I remember. I'm pretty sure I did a lot of stupid junk in Wind Waker, too, but I can't recall it all.

Last edited:

Skunk

Floof
In Minish Cap, standing on the bridge in Castle Town and blocking the mail man.I HAVE RUINED HIS SCHEDULE! MWAHAHAHA

Last edited:
I thought the "bombable" walls in the Tower of the Gods temple in WW were just pretty designs. I was stuck for quite a while.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
CheeseXCrackers said:
I did the exact same thing.
Good to know I'm not the only stupid one lol.

Shadsie said:
A fun thing to do in TP if you need/want to walk away from your console for a while and leave the game running while you go eat food or take a nap or something: (Post getting the Master Sword and at-will transformation ability) - Enter Castle Town as a wolf. Hang out by the fountain or by the road up to the castle. Just leave Wolf Link there for a good long time. Come back from whatever you've been doing to see loads of cowardly guards gathered around him! (Then do a spin-move and watch them scatter). --- My fiancee' did this a lot when he played through TP. He'd leave the game on all night and in the morning, there'd be 30-some-odd guards around Link.
I am SO gonna try that.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I guess I may have done somethin stupid at least once. Let me think......
I got it! In TP I would go to the hidden village and get all 20 cats at cucco leader. Then, I would get the cats to attack him. :lol:
When I could control cucco leader, I would make the cats attack him again. :lol:

In SS, I threw all the pumpkins in Skyloft to the water...

I also made Link wlak very slowly, but I also quickly press A, so the stamina meter would deplete. So Link got really tired for walking a really short distance :lol:

Okay, so... once, in The Wind Waker, back when you had to get the forest fireflies for the Deluxe Pictobox, I didn't know where they were, so I tried catching the little tiny sprites that flitted over the water. And then, obviously, I didn't scoop it up, because it wasn't a forest firefly, and instead got a jar full of Forest Water. And I literally sat there for I-don't-know-how-long, trying to dump all of the water out. .__. And then, like, my sister finally suggested that the water wasn't going to run out. I eventually checked the description and read the "spoils in 20 minutes" thing, and I was all like *facepalm*

In SS, I threw all the pumpkins in Skyloft to the water...
You mean... like THIS? ;D
DSCN3113.JPG
I love doing that~~ ♫ And then doing a schmancy corkscrew through them all... <3

EDIT: Gah, I forgot the best one! ;-; Alright so... in The Wind Waker, I went bowling this one time. It was an epic fail, but I'll be sure to set it up backwards the next time I happen to do it~

[video=youtube;8AC2RJ8oLiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AC2RJ8oLiE[/video]

I also enjoy destroying everything I can in a selected area in A Link to the Past. Chopping all the grass, bushes... digging up everything all the dirt I can... I don't know why. I just find it entertaining.

And then there is always me torturing the Phantoms in the Temple of the Ocean King in Phantom Hourglass, just because.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom