• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupid Things You Did? (in Zelda Games)

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Could be things you did to purposely waste time, brain farts, etc.

SS, Sky Keep, Sandship room. I tried to drag one of the barrels at the beginning of the room all the way to the floor switch before I figured out how to proceed using the timeshift orb and an arrow. I was putting the timeshift orb too close to the fan -_-

I tried to reenact this comic:
Don__t_try_this_at_home_by_Hail_NekoYasha.png
on TP in Kakariko. I put Epona at the foot of the inn with the hot spring on the roof, then climbed up and tried to jump onto her. Didn't work. If it did I would record it and put it on youtube, lol.

Downloaded MM on virtual console recently. When I got to Clock Town for the first time, I honestly had no idea what I was doing. Ran around in circles almost until the end of the first day before I turned the game off and looked up a walkthrough.

In ST I like shooting the signs with the train's cannon.

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
I go on ZD Forums when I should be studying and I don't regret it because I still pass. :cool:
Also I tried jumping from my bed to my brothers bed while doing a flip...

It's supposed to be stupid things you did in Zelda games, not real life. But I have also tried that bed flip thing.

Okay, well. I tried warping during the Biggoron Sword quest in OoT. Even though I knew you couldn't do it I thought I was better then the game. I also tried beating Ingo with a horse other than Epona. I came close to winning but that last stretch is a killer. I can't think of others right now.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I tried to make Fi be quiet for once. I had to buy a new TV because my old one was covered in duck tap. :/

Seriously though, wasting time looking at the Moon in Majora's Mask. Time is so very crucial in that game, but I can't deny the Moon is hella sexy very daunting.

Dragoncat

I tried to make Fi be quiet for once. I had to buy a new TV because my old one was covered in duck tap. :/
Seriously though, wasting time looking at the Moon in Majora's Mask.
Lol really? I guess duct tape is supposed to fix everything...

And I know what you mean. I've been playing MM for a short time, and I already like looking at the moon.

The stupid thing that i do is if i see cuccos i have to brutally beat them though i know that i will suffer greatly.... lol i try to make impossible jumps in the game that will not work but persistence is key lol. i used to just race around the great bay as zora link and time myself

I committed the same stupid antic twice in both my playthroughs of The Wind Waker. In the Tower of the Gods, there's a room where you're supposed to lead one of the statues under a platform made of light and get him to the door. However, a gap separates the rest of the area from the door. I was stuck for ages, both times (double the embarrassment). I tried throwing the statue across. I tried using items on it. I tried summoning it across the gap. Absolutely nothing worked...until I realized all I had to do was pick it up and jump across. I felt incredibly stupid, and for the moment, I guess I was.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
One stupid thing that I absolutely love doing in every 3D Zelda release bar Skyward Sword is to whip out a bomb and jump off a cliff -- I like seeing Link faceplant and even die. I mean, who said a hero has to save the world when he can have a little fun with his arsenal? :xd:

A stupid thing I do in Legend of Zelda is constantly press left and right in quick succession, I like seeing Link's little sprite move around in step-less movements.

Adventure of Link has its share of stupidity: I love running into Iron Knuckles because they're so darned difficulty for me lol.

A Link to the Past has me trying to avoid the Heart Container in every boss room though this is practically impossible to do to my knowledge (once you're int he room, you have to grab the Container before you can grab the crystal/pendant, to my knowledge).

I don't recall much for Link's Awakening.

Ocarina of Time, what I really love doing especially with the 3D version is whipping out the bow regardless of the arrow type used and "sniping" enemies. I also do this in The Wind Waker as well as Twilight Princess.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
In Skyward Sword, I figured out that you can wake up Yerbal, the Kikwi elder, with the Beetle, and if you hit him with it, no matter where you're standing you'll automatically be brought up to Yerbal. I tried to do this further down the tree, outside the entrance to the small area where you fight the Moblin the first time through. I tried hitting Yerbal with the Beetle from all the way down there, but it didn't work. The Beetle would always reach its limit just inches away from Yerbal.

Dragoncat

Ventus said:
One stupid thing that I absolutely love doing in every 3D Zelda release bar Skyward Sword is to whip out a bomb and jump off a cliff -- I like seeing Link faceplant and even die. I mean, who said a hero has to save the world when he can have a little fun with his arsenal?

Ocarina of Time, what I really love doing especially with the 3D version is whipping out the bow regardless of the arrow type used and "sniping" enemies. I also do this in The Wind Waker as well as Twilight Princess.
Since when is suicide "a little fun" lol...and I have yet to try sniping. But I want to.

Azure Sage said:
In Skyward Sword, I figured out that you can wake up Yerbal, the Kikwi elder, with the Beetle, and if you hit him with it, no matter where you're standing you'll automatically be brought up to Yerbal. I tried to do this further down the tree, outside the entrance to the small area where you fight the Moblin the first time through. I tried hitting Yerbal with the Beetle from all the way down there, but it didn't work. The Beetle would always reach its limit just inches away from Yerbal.
That...is...epic.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on me trying to get Link to take a saddle horn to the family jewels, lol. I'm so mean.

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
TP - In the forest dungeon, there's a boulder that needs blowing up. However, to get to it you have to jump a gap and at this point you don't have bombs so you have to use the bomb bugs. For some reason, I could gasp the concept of Link jumping and holding a bomb at the same time. I would get the bomb, run to the gap, throw it, jump it, then try to pick the bomb back up and get it to the boulder before it exploded. It never worked and the bombs always blew up in my face. The only reason I figured out what to do is because as I was trying again for the 107th time, my thumb slipped and Link jumped the gap while holding the bomb. My reaction = :facepalm:

Again in TP, I was at the City in the Sky. I was walking on one of those bridges where the wind blows you back. A deku baba appeared and attacked me. I got mad so rather than just simply killing it, I took out a bomb and threw it at the plant because I wanted it to suffer. I stood just out of range so the plant would appear, but not be able to reach me. With my iron boots on, I was sure that I would get to see the show even if the wind blew. But just as the bomb was about to blow, the wind blew. The bomb rolled right next to Link who didn't go anywhere because of the iron boots. *BOOM* right in my face. I couldn't help but laugh.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Sorry I derped here's a stupid thing.
In OoT first time playing through I learned you could hit the Cuccos so I figured why not put them together and spin attack... I would not recommend doing that. :lol:

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
I lost track of how many times I died trying to get to the first dungeon in the original. In MM, at the beginning, I actually ran out of time, and I hid in a corner of the curiosity shop with the shield thing that the deku has out as if it would protect me. Also, in Oot, never bomb chickens during talon`s mini game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom