• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupid Little Things

startimer

Resident Cartographer
You can fill an encyclopedia with all the epic details throughout the zelda series XD. The little details are half ofwhat makes the games so great (well...)

anywho, those said were great. I also loved PH's lolmoments. like when linebeck shakes you, then gives you a key and link stumbles around like a drunk holding the key in the air...ah, good times

DesertDweller

Love Truth
I too liked how Link slips on the ice in WW. That was so much fun to do for a while. :)

I also really liked how enemies would run away from you when you held a bomb, just like in...somewhat real life.

It's similar to what you said.

If something follows me in a game, like when you put on the Bremen Mask in Majora's Mask and start marching around, the dog will follow. Makes me giggle, and earns me a look of stupidity with whoever's around... :dry:

Kazumi

chagy
Hrmm.. Let me see. One of my favourite pointless little things in the Zelda games are jumping off high things. Such as in TP in Kakariko Village in the very tall outpost. Or Outset Island in Wind Waker. I also really like fighting the pigs on Windfall Island in Wind Waker. On time I actually spent about four hours and four bottles full of fairies battling a pig. I believe it was during a podcast, and I eventually one by launching it off of my shield over a wall and into the sea.

I also have an unhealthy obsession with playing around in the Laundry Pool. And I love pushing the frog into the water.. It's kind of creepy actually. But these are some of the things which really make the game for me.

I like the animals. Getting them to follow you, picking them up...it's just soooo cute!! I don't like hurting them, though. In MM, I loved going to Romani Ranch to see all the animals there, especially the little chicks. And, since cats are my favourite animal, I would always pick one up and carry it around with me in Hyrule Castle Town in TP.

Link sneezing in the Ice Cavern in OoT is also adorable. As is crawling around in WW, or sidling. Sidling is especially funny if you tilt the control stick the tiniest bit from left to right, and instead of moving his whole body, Link will only move his eyes, giving him the whole shifty-eye thing.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Ah, let me see now...Ah yes. One little random thing that I loved in the series was the fact that you could cut up the signs in OoT and MM. :D And to top it all off in MM once you cut the signs, you could play the Song of Healing to make the pieces magically float up and come back together again. :) Sweetness!

There's probably other little random things that I love in the Zelda series, but I can't recall them at the moment.

Yah, I love doing that I found out you can cut it up to five times, it looks so cool when it just flies back together.

And in Oot you can do this trick to with Zelda's Lullaby.:nerd:

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
In MM, I liked ringing the bell at the laundry pool and the boy with the Keaton Mask opens it for a short time. I try to get to him but he closes the door before I actually get to it though. It doesn't do anything, yet I think it's fun :)

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
In Twilight Princess, I get amused when I break Iza's pots and then she's like "Com-pen-sation!" It's a great way to offload your oversupply of rupees. What I like even better in TP is running around castle town as a wolf. Everyone screams when I get near them, it's hillarious.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
My favourite thing is probably int he HIdden VIllage of TP. When you decided to play the 'Find the Cats' game, and you talk to one that you already found, sometimes they say something like 'We're already pals'. Either way, it was the sort of thing one of my friends would say, so I just pictured her voice coming out of the cat, and I started to laugh.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
In Twilight Princess, I get amused when I break Iza's pots and then she's like "Com-pen-sation!" It's a great way to offload your oversupply of rupees. What I like even better in TP is running around castle town as a wolf. Everyone screams when I get near them, it's hillarious.

I *loved* scaring people as a wolf. One of my favorite things to do is to go outside the Star Game tent and "scare the fangirls." You know, the trio that squees about how the new challenger (Link) is "sooo handsome!" and gasp when they watch you play the game. I've never beaten Star, but I heard they get even *more* fangirly when you beat it, so... "Scare the obnoxious squealing fangirls half to death as a wolf!" is quite amusing to me.

There's also that guy with the puppy you speak with as a human who talks about his love of dogs, how dogs are so cute. You go to him as a wolf and he's scared half to death. I was expecting him to be one of the few people who liked Wolf Link, but no. I guess he doesn't like *all* dogs.

Shnappy

derp
Hrmm.. Let me see. One of my favourite pointless little things in the Zelda games are jumping off high things. Such as in TP in Kakariko Village in the very tall outpost. Or Outset Island in Wind Waker.

I couldn't agree with this more. Like you said, Kazumi, in the Wind Waker, you could jump off the big cliff on Outset Island in the Wind Waker. I also liked bringing little pigs up there and just throwing them off. You could also bring the Big Black one (named after Link) up, put on the iron boots, and then fall down, and the pig would go through the rock. Cool little glitch right there.

In OoT, it was fun to put on the masks and scare people in Hyrule Castle Town (I think that's what it's called), I loved their reactions. And while no one ever reacted strangely, it was fun to Z-target random people in Clock Town in MM and then do the Kamaro Mask dance. And that's just one of many pointless things I like to do with masks in that game.

And in PH, all the priceless Linebeck cutscenes. They all made me laugh. Sometimes quite a bit. I especially liked the one at the end of the Ghost Ship, where he knocks down Tetra's stone-covered body in the Background, then struggles to get it back upright. I also loved how right when you first meet him, and you've saved him, he shakes Link a bunch, and once he gives him the key, he's all shaky, and wobbling around everywhere. Just classic.

In TP, I would go around in Hyrule Field, and kill enemies with the Jump Strike. The Jump Strike is the most amazing move ever, and Link's yell when he does it is awesome. I was way to obsessed with that thing my first playthrough of TP. I pretty much killed every enemy I could with it.

onewafighter1

Turaga
Hitting the pigs on Windfall and Outset island were my favorite things to do on WW. I used all the weapon, bombs, arrows, the skull hammer, and the boomerang. Then they would get angry and chase you. The cuccoos just aren't as fun...

B

billbot85

In OOT, I remember when you first talk to the Boss Carpenter and he lets out a weird scream. My brother and I at first thought it was my mom yelling off in the kitchen, and then when we realized it was the game we nearly died laughing!!

One thing I always enjoyed doing was talking to the random people in each zelda game, looking to see what they have to say (sometimes its hilarious, and other times its mysterious)

K

Kotake

I loved in OoT running over cuccoos with Epona, and then sitting there astride Epona as you were unharmed, but cuccoos still swarmed you.

I loved Link's expression in WW when Tetra fired him out of the cannon. As the countdown got lower, his expression was priceless.

I loved in TP when you're in the market district of Castle Town, you can pick up an apple and the 'item' theme plays.

I loved how Link ran way screaming from Darunia when he offered him a hug since they were "brothers." It was so funny. Imagining Little Link being hugged by a huge Goron is pure gold in my book.

I adored the western music choice in the Hidden Village when playing games such as sharp-shooting the moglins or finding the cats. It was so awesome! I kept pretending Link was a gunslinger in a spaghetti western.

I love the way wolf-link sways when he howls! It's like he's just chill, and jamming out.

But my all-time favorite little thing in Zelda EVER,

is in Twilight Princess.

I LOVE the sword-spin/flourish Link does when he kills an enemy with a Hidden skill. It's so cool! and there's the little 'SHING!' as he resheaths his sword. SO COOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom