• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stuffz Your Children Will Never Expierence.

Dan

Okay Forumerteers!, what can you remember from your childhood, that your children will never experience?

Things that spring to mind for me are having a mere five channels, teletext etc.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Pocket radio, Walkmans, slow af internet, Windows 95, low gas prices, Teletubbies (I would never put them through that), possibly cartridge gaming (hopefully not though), etc.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Having a shi*** father hopefully.
I'm with you there, buddy. Also a father who doesn't run out either.

---

Probably all the old fashioned stuff that I did as a kid. Playing out from morning to late afternoon, having water fights, playing sports, climbing trees, causing mischief, ya know, just stuff what young kids do. Now I see kids from around 4-10 sit in all day on their games and stuff, sure I played games as well but we were practically out 24/7 having fun.

It's funny where I live now, we have all grown up so it's kind of quiet outside our close nowadays. The weird thing is that there are a lot of younger kids still but they hardly go outside. I'm afraid that the new generation of kids won't be able to experience such things what with technology talking over. Kind of sad in a way.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Going to the movies. It hasn't happened yet, but I am almost certain in the future there will be better alternatives to movie theaters.

Putting VHSs in the player. I said VHS because that's what I always had, but DVDs too. I mean seriously this one is 100% certain and if you don't know why there is something wrong with you.

Learning how to work a computer and fix problems. Computers in the future will be so user friendly that that won't be nessicary. In fact, part of me feels as if there won't be desktop computers in the future. Which is sad for me.

Of course its not all bad. I dream of a future where children won't have to be lied to about their own body. I mean seriously think about, how wrong is that?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
-getting dial up/having to tell them to get off the internet because I need to use the phone. :P
-cassettes/walkmans/VHS tapes/cord phones
-having to look things up manually (encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc.)
-playing on 'dangerous' playground equipment
-buying things with the help of a few spare pennies
-shooting marbles
-learning/writing in cursive
-taking photos with a film camera
-and of course: watching all the awesome tv shows I had growing up as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom