• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stress Management

Rishian

The Meat Shield
So I found this when going through a bunch of my old stuff... thought it'd be nice for people to see:

A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass of water and asked, "how heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g.

The lecturer replied, "the absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it."

"If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. "In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

He continued. " And that's the way it is with stress management. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on."

"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden."

So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it home. You can pick it up tomorrow. Whatever burdens you're carrying now, let them down for a moment if you can.Relax; pick them up later after you've rested.

Words to live by:
- Life is short. Enjoy it!
- Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
- Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
- Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
- Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
- If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
- Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance
- Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
- The second mouse gets the cheese.
- When everything's coming your way, your in the wrong lane.

Hope these words are a good reminder to everyone here at ZD to relax and live life!:nod:

Beeker

Wild Card
Thanks for the awesome words. It's good to actually sit down for a little while and get away from life:)

And reading over those quotes, I think I already live by some of them.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
- Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
- Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
- If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
- Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
- When everything's coming your way, your in the wrong lane.
These few quotes here made me chuckle quite a bit, especially the one I bolded. Laughing is a good way to reduce stress too, so that's another way to relax and enjoy life: by looking for those little things that make it worth living and loving.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Well those quotes sure have made my tension and stress lower. I just though of them and boy it helped. I loved the quotation "Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late" that quotation is so true, and that's what I think now to relax myself. You have made me happy. Thanks.

B

bad card

i find that drinking kava really helps me to relieve my stress. definitely look into it.

P

potatozelda

I guess it's time to sleep late now... Very late. 8D

All of the quotes did make me chuckle though. Thanks for posting this!

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I was looking through some of my old posts and I just wanted to say I'm glad I made some of you laugh, some of you think, and all of you that posted remember that life needs breaks too! No matter how busy!

I hope everyone is contuining to remember this message, and that everyone has a good day! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom