• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stress is good

Its only bad for people who are inactive and likely to develop heart attack. With stress your heart pumps and boils. So i find it insane why some say its bad? Maybe its because people work at offices behind the desk and maybe they don't visit a fitness center after work? I am just wondering if thats the reason.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You need to define your meaning of stress please.
Stress can happen to anyone and everyone and it does have negative consequences not just for the out of shape office person, some stress is good in fact i think we all live in partial stress but too much of it can kill.

Just like sugar in fact.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Of course a little stress is good. Pretty much anything can be good for you in moderation. But, yeah, some people work desk jobs where the work keeps piling on and there are more and more hoops to jump through and the company downsizes so one person is doing the work of 2 or 3 or more. Then the few who are there feel like they need to work the overtime to keep up with demands but then are also grilled for working that overtime. At times it's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either stay overtime and get yelled at or don't and don't meet deadlines and get yelled at anyway.

And while leaving the job seems nice not everyone can, especially if they have children to take care of and the whole slew of stresses that go with having children in the first place.

I mean i am not saying its good if you are seriously wounded. I mean general stress seems to be said to be bad. I am just saying its just people who are lazy in general who likely have more of a reason to feel it affecting them in their daily life.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I mean i am not saying its good if you are seriously wounded. I mean general stress seems to be said to be bad. I am just saying its just people who are lazy in general who likely have more of a reason to feel it affecting them in their daily life.

Ahhh, that makes much more sense you're first post was a bit confusing, and yes i do agree with you, and this is speaking from both ends of that spectrum, when i was lazing around pre-work days any small amount of stress felt like a mountain instead of a pile and then when i started working i just took it in stride and realised it was literally nothing to stress over.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A little stress can motivate a person but chronic stress can lead to elevated blood pressure which damages your artery walls and can lead to plaque buildup which will clog your arteries over time and potentially kill you.

Keeping active can help lower blood pressure and the sedentary are most at risk but chronic stress isn't good for anyone.

Not gonna comment on "chronic stress", if it means working yourself to death then obviously it sounds bad. The thing is people who feel stressed tend to be lazy, they trick themself because more thinks so instead of doing something about it. Some call it lazy acceptanse. Do something about it, don't complain and say you feel this which is good, be active and you'll create good resistance.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Stress is genuinely unhealthy to your body. It's useful as a motivator but for someone who is already motivated because of their own principles or what have you, stress is literally just harming them.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day

Stress is sometimes unavoidable. Death is unavoidable and a huge stress for the family and friends of those that died and that stress can last for a long time if that person was your life for countless years. If someone falls pregnant and has a child or has a teenage daughter who has a child will have stress regardless of what they choose to do with it. Give it up for adoption and have the stress of maybe never getting to see that child again and what could've been. Keep the child and have the stress of raising that child. And too much stress is bad for you just like anything else. I can definitely see why people think of stress as bad because usually people have too much of it on their plate just because that's sometimes just how life is.

But, yes, I agree that stress in moderation can be a good thing and a great motivator. I'm happy to say I'm quite good at shrugging stress off and getting my blood pumping to keep the stress off. I don't have kids though. I don't have very many IRL friends, certainly none that I have history with and knew growing up. And my family gets along but we're not very close. We rarely see each other. If I had lived another life and not been able to cut as many ties as I did I might've ended up like a lot of my friends who are falling pregnant because one friend did and won't talk to the others because the others don't understand what it's like to be a mother and all the other friends falling in line to keep those friendships.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Not gonna comment on "chronic stress", if it means working yourself to death then obviously it sounds bad. The thing is people who feel stressed tend to be lazy, they trick themself because more thinks so instead of doing something about it. Some call it lazy acceptanse. Do something about it, don't complain and say you feel this which is good, be active and you'll create good resistance.
This is a load of ****ing nonsense. So what about a mother who works 2 jobs and that stresses her but she needs to do it to feed her kids? Where is the evidence that stress is caused by laziness? Where do you even get these ideas? Certainly procrastination can cause stress but so can being in the middle of a 12 hour work shift.

Strss is a very nasty domino effect: the more you have, the harder it becomes to fulfill the "requirements" of daily life thus leading to even more stress.

And we all have a breaking point.

This is a load of ****ing nonsense. So what about a mother who works 2 jobs and that stresses her but she needs to do it to feed her kids?
Well i don't have babies so i don't know. Which is why it seems better to wait when you are sorta done with what you want with life and then have children. But then again i am not a woman.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

I'm not of the belief that people who tend to be stressed are more likely to be lazy. Hard workers are often stressed and that stress is what drives them to work hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom