• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Street Fighter V Announced Exclusively For PS4, PC

jdQX92C.png

There was a trailer released earlier that has since been flagged as private. I'll link it nonetheless in hopes it becomes publicly viewable again soon:

[video=youtube;xKvZzo5PZ5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvZzo5PZ5U[/video]​

What are your thoughts on this announcement?

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
Sounds cool, I'm curious. I assume it'll eventually be released for every console ever as always.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sounds cool, I'm curious. I assume it'll eventually be released for every console ever as always.

Definitely. Most likely a timed console exclusive for the PS4.

Not really too big on the Street Fighter games, does look quite nice but I'll probably skip this one as always. Only fighting game I've played recently was Killer Instinct and, though good, still just not a fan of the genre. But good try Cappy!

Salem

SICK
Why not on X-Box One? Or Wii U?

Anyway Since this is an odd numbered sequel, I'm kind of worried it may not be as popular as the last one.

Fig

The Altruist
This was how I reacted when I heard the announcement:
[video=youtube;P3ALwKeSEYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/video]

I am excited to see Street Fighter V be announced, or in this case leaked, and while I don't have a PS4 at least I have the option for it on PC. Interesting enough this game was shown to not be available for the Xbox One and to a lesser degree the Wii U (which honestly I'm not surprised) and those who have an Xbox One have been giving out their opinion as to why the game won't be available for the Xbox One.

Why not on X-Box One? Or Wii U?

Anyway Since this is an odd numbered sequel, I'm kind of worried it may not be as popular as the last one.

I think the Xbox One will get SFV eventually, just not on launch date. I could be wrong and SFV could just be for PS4 and PC, but to me, it doesn't make sense for Capcom to make SFV exclusive and not allow Xbox One users to have the enjoyment of the game. As for the Wii U, call this a weak statement but since Smash 4 is now on the Wii U, it is quite possible that Nintendo doesn't want competition between Smash and SF on their consoles.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I think the Xbox One will get SFV eventually, just not on launch date. I could be wrong and SFV could just be for PS4 and PC, but to me, it doesn't make sense for Capcom to make SFV exclusive and not allow Xbox One users to have the enjoyment of the game. As for the Wii U, call this a weak statement but since Smash 4 is now on the Wii U, it is quite possible that Nintendo doesn't want competition between Smash and SF on their consoles.

That's a possibility or Sony could have just bought the exclusivity like Microsoft did with Dead Rising 3. If that's the case, then good on Capcom. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their games keep switching back and forth between Microsoft and Sony because they really need the money if they're going to pay off that debt. But if that's not it, we'll probably see Super Street Fighter V: Hyper Mega Ultra Arcade Edition on Xbox the following year. As for Nintendo, let's just face it already, Nintendo always gets ignored. They're not exactly going to be raking in the cash on Nintendo platforms.

Fig

The Altruist
That's a possibility or Sony could have just bought the exclusivity like Microsoft did with Dead Rising 3. If that's the case, then good on Capcom. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their games keep switching back and forth between Microsoft and Sony because they really need the money if they're going to pay off that debt. But if that's not it, we'll probably see Super Street Fighter V: Hyper Mega Ultra Arcade Edition on Xbox the following year. As for Nintendo, let's just face it already, Nintendo always gets ignored. They're not exactly going to be raking in the cash on Nintendo platforms.

I agree that it's possible Sony bought the exclusivity of SFV because Capcom really needs the money as much as I dislike their policies and how they handle certain aspects within their games, I don't want the company to die out, especially when they have so many great franchises they currently hold. But I also wouldn't be surprised if SFV does get to be for the Xbox One later on as when you think about, most of the exclusive titles that Microsoft and Sony always say they have will eventually land onto the other console. As for Nintendo, I'm not surprised nor mad that it won't be for the Wii U/3DS as Nintendo rarely gets Street Fighter into their consoles. Besides, Nintendo currently has Smash for both the 3DS and Wii U so in terms of fighting games, they are good without it.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I agree that it's possible Sony bought the exclusivity of SFV because Capcom really needs the money as much as I dislike their policies and how they handle certain aspects within their games, I don't want the company to die out, especially when they have so many great franchises they currently hold. But I also wouldn't be surprised if SFV does get to be for the Xbox One later on as when you think about, most of the exclusive titles that Microsoft and Sony always say they have will eventually land onto the other console.

It depends what exactly Sony are doing with Capcom, to be honest. Generally when MS/Sony actually help fund development and publish the game themselves on their platforms those games remain console exclusive. The up-coming Tomb Raider seems to break this trend however, as MS are helping with development but it's been confirmed to be a timed exclusive. If they simply pay for exclusivity then those are more often than not just timed. I'm going to hazard a guess that it's just the latter right now, or somewhere in the contract is it eventually losing exclusivity after some years, as I can't imagine Capcom would want to keep this off Xbox. I agree with Turo in that the inevitable next edition will probably hit Xbox.

Fig said:
As for Nintendo, I'm not surprised nor mad that it won't be for the Wii U/3DS as Nintendo rarely gets Street Fighter into their consoles. Besides, Nintendo currently has Smash for both the 3DS and Wii U so in terms of fighting games, they are good without it.

I think Nintendo fans have to come to terms with the fact that stupid design decisions will ensure very few third-party ports of these big games, but are too busy enjoying Ninty's offerings to care. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom