• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Strangest Zelda Characters

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Have you ever questioned a character in a Zelda game for being strange? Have you ever noticed any weird antics or crazy personalities? Have any characters scared or outright confused you? Well, I am here to give you who I think is the strangest character in a Zelda game. Let me give you a hint, he wears green, he lives in Termina and at times in Hyrule, he is small, he makes weird sounds.....please tell me you weren't thinking I ment Link? Anyone get a "Tingle" down their spine as they realized who I was talking about? Yes, the crazy floating mapmaker of Termina and also a seachart maker in WW. Tingle has always appeared as a strange person to me because of his odd love of fairies, his odd way of advertising and his signature catchphrase. For a guy dressed up like Link, pretending to have a fairy and floating with the help of a balloon....how could you not treat him as a strange man? Well, he is useful for buying maps, but, he did scare me and confound me when I first played MM....So now that you know my experience with a quirky Zelda character, do any of you find any characters strange? What made yo think so? Can you name more than one?

Here is a video showcasing Tingle's odd personality:

[video=youtube;O_wpUu2Nt_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_wpUu2Nt_4&feature=related[/video]

Strange huh?

I agree Tingle is Unusually strange But that Happy mask salesmen well!? I just get a little awkward around him he is always smiling.
Like no one smiles that much..he sales mask for a living. He is always asking you to do things. And I think no I'm pretty sure he is bi-polar..he went on a freak out in MM and then was automatically happy again. I just think he needs to be watched you always gotta watch the quite ones lol.

Conor

the over analysing guy
There's a whole variety of weird zelda characters, the lakeside laboratory professor, agitha, ??? in the stock pot inn, tingle of course, grog, guru guru, I could go on forever, a youtuber I'm a fan of by the name of peanutbuttergamer has made a countdown of the weirdest zelda characters if any of you are interested in that sort of thing :)

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
i always thought that yeto in TP was kinda weird the way he punches you for pumpkins/cheese instead of asking.
the happy mask salesman scared me the first time i played MM. i thought i did something wrong and he was going to kill me or something :(

Aside from Tingle, Happy Mask Salesman was quite strange in an effective way. He was like an enigma wrapped in an enigma. He also seemed to possess some kind of reality (Zelda-world reality) bending power :S like that of Majora's Mask itself, seeing as how he could summon a massive, elaborate musical instrument seemingly out of nowhere...among other things. I'd hate to have seen HIM wear Majora's Mask. :shake: ...yikes!

Kaebora Gaebora, the owl, was kind of strange as well, but NOT in the way the word would typically connote. He was more of a "mysterious unknown." Who is he? Sure, hints were thrown here and there, but they were very vague...

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I agree that Tingle's creepy, strange...

But even more-so is Zill from Wind Waker. I mean, he's a little boy, with a runny nose, that charges at you and then bounces off of you... *shivers*

Another strange Character is the Happy Mask Salesman. Wolf Sage kinda explained it, but he's so... other world-y. Like, he can switch poses in an instant, and that piano just appearing out of no where.... damn. The Happy Mask Salesman is one creepy guy, and he's very vague. All we know about him is that he sells masks and got one stolen from him one time. But, like, didn't he freak you out?! Wouldn't this:
remiq.net_17128.jpg

Send a chill down your spine?!?

All in all, the Mask Salesman, Tingle, and Zill are my top 3 strangest Zelda characters.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
I also found the Weaponsmith in the Mountain Village to be odd. While Kaepora takes your request for a reforged sword and chats about price, we have a bizzare looking humanoid making grunting noises and wielding a hammer. Gabora certainly scared me when I first went to the mountain smithy....Interesting use of contrast and alternate personalities from Nintendo yet again. They name a wise and mysterious owl Kaepora Gabora and then split the name and give it to two zany people who live in the mountains of Termina. So Nintendo planned weirdness? It all fits into the creept aspect of MM...thats for sure!

Conor

the over analysing guy
I always feel sorry for beedle, the way he looks miserably at the floor when you leave the shop ship ):

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom