• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Strange Happenings in Hyrule?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Well, there was this one part in Majora's Mask where this man said that he would give me a seahorse (who by the way, pleads for me to help him) if I give him pictures of female pirates. I didn't feel right just then and when I did it.

ok this is like one of the most obvious ones to figure out

also im curious to know what link was doing in the mushroom kingdom back in mario rpg,aside resting you know

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Also, the Zora's supposedly "evolved" into Ritos. Well, this doesn't make much sense to me at all. By Natural Selection, the Zora's would survive the flood and thrive, as they are adapted to the ocean environment. But no, bird-like traits are selected for. To make matters worse, they are given wings. How much more backwards can the ecology of Hyrule be?
Well there are a few arguments for this.

For one, there's the whole argument about "Sea vs River Zoras". Generally the noble and civilised Zora tribe that we know live in secluded areas of water -- rivers, bays, ponds etcetera. Having them exposed to the vast oceans could mean multiple negative impacts that could hinder there chances of survival. For one water salinity is much higher in oceans, the original Zoras thrive off a different source of water, just a slight change could hinder there prospects of survival. Also they would have to become dominant, having a secluded area meant safety, now they would be fighting for survival with many water based creatures.

There is also an argument about Zoras not being allowed to thrive in the oceans as they could expose the secret about, the now sunken, Hyrule. It's a weak argument in my opinion but it could be somewhat applied. I also feel that because of the Great Sea now secluding one location from the next -- separatarion of Islands -- that they now needed to have an efficient way of communicating. Since Zoras typically had such traits, maybe they where the only suitable and civilised race that could make that transition. This they became the Rito and the Great Sea's postal service.

I'm gonna go with Hylia here, something just doesn't sit right with me. Who exactly is she, we know she's a Goddess but what properties does she possess? Her main purpose was to "watch over" the Triforce but this isn't exactly a role akin to a God like figure, this role has been adopted by Kings and such down the line -- so overall not that important.

My main problem though is that where exactly did she come from? Was she an original being like the Golden Goddesses? Or was she created by them and ordered to watch over the Triforce?

Last edited:
I want to know the reasons behind why the Gerudo women kidnapped the freakishly flamboyant (ya'll know wut I'm sayin') carpenters...

Unless force was gonna be involved then those women werent gonna get anything out of those guys, and also it looks like Gerudo women dont have very good taste either, outside of Nabooru fancying Link.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I want to know the reasons behind why the Gerudo women kidnapped the freakishly flamboyant (ya'll know wut I'm sayin') carpenters...

Unless force was gonna be involved then those women werent gonna get anything out of those guys, and also it looks like Gerudo women dont have very good taste either, outside of Nabooru fancying Link.

LOL those Carpenters were a bit...."funny" now that i look back at it. though i guess i never looked into it. LOL yeah FORCE was used!

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis

xD Notice how they let Link pretty much run around everywhere? They threw him back in jail when they could, sure, but they let him keep all his stuff and put him in a cell with an easy escape.

I think they might have considered using the carpenters since they just waltzed right into their turf, but then they decided otherwise when Link showed up. Maybe it's because they prefer men who know how to use weapons/defend themselves, who knows. But the whole let him get out, chase him down, throw him back in...they were testing him. I know if I were them I would pick the tough warrior over the idiots who cower in the corner. It's just like nature: spineless cowards rarely get to reproduce. So if he wouldve stayed there...you can pretty much figure out what happens next lol.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I'm gonna go with Hylia here, something just doesn't sit right with me. Who exactly is she, we know she's a Goddess but what properties does she possess? Her main purpose was to "watch over" the Triforce but this isn't exactly a role akin to a God like figure, this role has been adopted by Kings and such down the line -- so overall not that important.

My main problem though is that where exactly did she come from? Was she an original being like the Golden Goddesses? Or was she created by them and ordered to watch over the Triforce?

i would have to play the game again to be for sure. but Din & Co. were the Dragons in the game were they not. and they were always told to be the creators in the other games it seemed. and each one represented their own piece of the triforce, but they made Hylia out to be the original Goddess, and im a lil confused on how in later versions of hyrule, Din Farore and Nayru were the ones who created the land and its people! so im a lil confused, maybe i need to play skyward sword again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom