• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Story Revealed!

You can read it here.

From what I read, the story is great! I love the fact that even though the Tower of Spirits acts like a TotOK, you don't have to backtrack through the same sections over and over again.

Anyone want to guess on who the Demon King is? Is it -gasp- GANONDORF!? Doubt it.

And I guess this is the new Hyrule. I think it's safe to say ST has more of a focus on story-line than PH did, which makes me happy. :D

Kazumi

chagy
Ah yes. The plot of Spirit Tracks, so far one of my favourite things about it. It's so far one of the best Zelda plots I've ever heard. It's everything that I've ever dreamed and more. Playing as Zelda, driving a train, new characters. This going to be just plain awesome. I cannot wait.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Oh. my. Gosh.

I promised myself I wouldn't read too many spoilers... but dammit I can't resist xDD
This seems fantastic- for once a creative thought out story ^w^
ANNND they improved all the stuff that people complained about... FINALLY I'LL BE ABLE TO ROLL!

But I'm breathless now. First new trailer and info, and now THIS! *happy tears*

K

Kokirikid

YAY! I'm so happy! I'm so happy!...

On a more serious note... I bet as soon as I can get down to the shops on the 11th, that game will be dam sold out! :/

K

Kokirikid

I agree, Tetra was a bit of a N----O----B sometimes. :S

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Oh. my. Gosh.

I promised myself I wouldn't read too many spoilers... but dammit I can't resist xDD

You did too? xD

Anyways, looks pretty good, even if I don't like Cole (what? Did I already say that?).
So Zelda actually died that's.. oO
Kinda weird for ST, but I love that idea =D
Now I just hope the Demon King will be Ganon (Ganon again I know, but I love him, he's just as important as Link or Zelda IMO) and ST will be merely perfect. It would just need a descent lenght for this.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Gasp! This is way better than I first expected!
The plot seems far deeper than that of Phantom Hourglass.

The Demon King, seems to hint at Ganondorf, Maybe this would play out as Twilight Princess, with Chancellor Cole as the "Puppet" for Ganondorf's plans.

Anyway, it seems very interesting, and I can't wait to play it!

...Is it out yet? Is it out Now!? How Bout Now?! NOW!? :lol:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Damn. Wish I wasn't poor and was actually going to get a Christmas this year. I suppose I'll get to play it eventually when life becomes better for me and game and system are in the Used pile at the gaming stores, but man... this sounds almost like something *I'd* write as a fanfic plot!

(I did write a story once wherein *Link* died and Ganondorf used his body as a vessel for return. Link's spirit hung around, but couldn't do much. However, it was set post OoT/MM and involved Ganondorf trying to keep the body from rotting around him as he tried to regain political power... but... I'm a morbid, morbid thing).

But, yeah... this actually sounds... really cool.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Wow. I honestly wasn't paying any attention to ST at all, but this seems quite interesting. Perhaps I may end up getting this game. I'll just have to wait and see what others think of it.
It definately seems to have quite a lot of potential to be a really good game. Hopefully it doesn't let people down.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
FINALLY I'LL BE ABLE TO ROLL!

You know that you could roll in PH, right?

At any rate, it seems to me that the game's antagonist will be Ganon/dorf. They talk about a demon king who once caused a war prior to ST. In the IGN rewind trailer, we see a train that seems to be escaping the spirit tower. The head of the train looks an awful lot like Ganondorf from WW. My guess is that chancellor coal is his main minion and uses him to escape his prison.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
That would definitely seem plausible. And it would be time for Ganon/dorf to make his grand appearance on the DS. Remember that in Twilight Princess and various games, Ganon/dorf's one nickname was "The Demon Thief?" And also, in the Oracles game for LoZ, Zelda had to be sacrificed in order to revive Ganon? Any similarities here to Zelda being sacrfiiced to revive the Evil Demon in this game?

P

pickle962

If I remember correctly, Ganon's last words in WW are something along the lines of Heh. The wind. It is blowing. I wonder how he escaped from "prison" this time. This is kinda similar to TP because about 100 years passed before Ganon invaded Hyrule(through the help of Zant) and a century has passed since WW and PH in ST. Anyways, back to what I was saying about Ganon's last words in WW. I think what he was saying about the wind might apply storywise in ST. It couldn't have applied in PH because as far as we know, Bellum and Ganon have no connection or anything. We'll have to wait till December 7th to find out if Ganon's last words in WW meant anything or if he was saying mumbo jumbo like many people do seconds before they die (or in Ganon's case, never really dies)

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I'm quite fond of the idea of Zelda being a ghost. From what I see, her character was originally supposed to be this enchanting, elegant being whom the people of Hyrule looked up to. She's lost some of that mystery over the years. We've gotten used to seeing her, and what I used to think was this beautiful enchanting, legendary princess, has become a lot more familiar to me. What I love about the ghosts in the Wind Waker was that, instead of scary and frightful, they were enchanting and elegant. So in a way, Zelda's reclaiming some of that mystical spark. The downside is, she had to die for it...

I seriously can't wait to play.

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
I've never understood people who talk about how good or bad a game will be before it has even come out. I also don't get what the big deal with the train is.

But with with Spirt Tracks it's really stupid because there are some people out there that think this game will suck simply because of the train!

Is there some sort of rules that states, any game with a train in it will suck?
Also how can anyone know how good a game will be without even reading a review?

I contrast to most people, I think the train looks really cool and will make the game a lot of fun. I can't believe it's still a month till it comes out. This is like some sort of slow torture, I want this game now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom