• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Story of Zordo

Jedizora

:right:
The ones in ittalics are the narriater speaking. others are zordo.This is my first story I hope you like it!

Chapter 1: The floating isles.

It happened every night. It was always the same. An explosion, ripping through the stars, obliterating everything, creating a massacre, a bloodbath.
Zordo always woke up sweating.
Life was easy here on the floating isles, where he lived. He was the son of a Rich noble family, and he hated it.
He always got everything he wanted, except for one thing. To be a warrior. He always practiced at night with swords and bows and arrows, so he had excellent night vision.
Zordo had longish, light brown hair, and dull green eyes and he was very tall. He was nearly 13, the age that the hero was when he defeated the dark beast which split his homeland into many floating rocks, thus creating the floating isles.
I hate that dream i thought as i woke up but i suddenly sat up when he heard his door opening and then he groaned when he saw who it was
His little brother Killian, Who looked who was short had blue eyes and was bald and 10. He was specializing in the care of his mother and fathers bodyguards and had an incident with a pet dragon last week and lost his hair. He grinned when he saw i was awake and pushed me out of bed and got the butler to get my clothes. Once I got dressed he said “can we go sky hopping now? You promised you'd take me!"
"Just a second i haven't even eaten yet."
Sky hopping was taking a long heavy trench coat and spreading it out and jumping from isle to isle. It was fast, untraceable and dangerous. Very dangerous.
"Fine lets go" i said when i was done.
We got to the island okay, but when we turned to go back Killian rushes forward, making us jump to early. We nearly got there but then the wind changed. I tossed Killian to our island, but i fell back and i felt myself falling, that last thing i remember thinking is that i hope Killian is okay, but then i blacked out.

Chapter 2: Leaving home
I woke up to find myself stuck in a vine. I wondered how i got there then i saw the dryad and i realized she had saved me.
Despite not being able to speak English, she was able to take me to my parents’ house and I told my dad what happened. He sent me to my room only to find all my books gone.
I was miserable for the next few hours as i shared my room with my 4 year old sister.
Isabel was the "perfect one". She woke up at 4:00 to do her chores then she did all her classwork and spent the rest of the day playing up in her room.
She was humming as she played and it was driving me crazy. I was relieved when, at 8:00, mom told me to come into the living room.
She told me this “What you did was reckless and irresponsible and it risked both yours and Killian’s life. We have decided that you need virtue. Remember that the reward of virtue is honor."
I got excited when i heard this, because all the books talked about how knights have great honor...
My dreams didn't disappoint.
My father then said “That is why we shall be sending you to warrior’s school. We shall also be sending Killian To."
I couldn’t wait. I had 3 days to say goodbye to all my friends, which wasn't hard because I mostly stay inside and read. I didn’t want to deal with all the rich kids around.
I dreaded saying good bye to Alana. She’s my only friend here. She has the same problem i have: wanting to be a warrior but being stuck with a rich noble family. I didn't want to say goodbye,
But it turns out i didn't have. The next morning, the day before i left, she came to my house revealing that she was going to the same warrior school as i am.
I wanted to jump for joy, but i didn't tell her that i was going. She took me out on a ride on her family’s blue dragon. A blue dragon makes whoever touches it be able to breath underwater, and
The dragon can also breathe underwater.
We saw a lot of amazing stuff underwater (Her floating isle has a lake) and afterwards she punched me after i told her i was going, and she told me she had to sneak the dragon out of the house because she felt sorry for me.
Afterwards she said she was sorry but she had to go home. Tomorrow I, Alana, and Killian will set out to warrior’s school.

Last edited:

Jedizora

I Don't know if anyone reads this, but chapter 3 is going to be a while. Until friday because i can't use the computer except on weekdays anymore, and if you have good names, feel free to give them to me in my sign ups thread!

Jedizora

Heres the next chapter, and its a long one.

Chapter 3:eek:cean waves
As i packed I thought of one moment, 5 years ago, when my dad sat me down for a talk. He began like this: “One day I and your mom were strolling on the beach. This was back, before i Became a noble, Before I got rich, Before-"
"You had me?' I asked.
He looked into the distance for a moment before continuing "As we walked down the beach we saw a cradle, with nothing in it. All of a sudden big wave came up and swallowed the parcel.
A baby then appeared in it here along with a note. 'His name is Zordo. The cradle is solid gold, but you may only make profit if you take care of the boy'. You my son were born from an ocean wave."
I had been horrified when i heard this, but it explained several things to me, such as why i didn't mature as fast as the other kids that were born here.
That’s another thing I liked about Alana. She was born down in one of the northern country’s; Avalon. It was always snowing there, but there was a massive tree and many people of more nature oriented races, such as druids and dyads. So she wasn't affected by the strange metals that formed when the demon tried to crush the unnamed hero.
My dad knocked on the door and came in. He led me to the pole that i always hanged out when i was a little kid. I stopped doing that when i learned how i came to be, because there were little ocean patterns on the sides, and that had me thinking too much of how I was born. He then twisted a knob on it that i never saw before and the pole opened. There was a suit of armor that was White with red details. There was a sword, sheath and sword colored in the same fashion.
He pulled them out and handed them to me, saying "This suit of armor has been in our family for generations. You may not be a full member of our family, but they go to the oldest member in our family to become a warrior. One day, after you shall forge your own, and pass that down to your child. Killian will have to use your uncle’s bloodstained suit. Your swords name is Adu'r; you are the first to use it in 20 years.
The armor has magical properties with in it; although it will make you a fool, you will not be able to be hurt from falling, but you should still be wary, for you may fall from sky hopping right into a demon platoon. Now come; the druids shall take Killian, Alana and you down to Earth. I hope you have rested, because you have a long journey ahead of you."
I turned towards him, asking what he meant.
He looked at me and informed me that we would be crossing a desert.
He then hurried us on our way.
The way down was full awkward silence, and we all looked nervous. Alana had a long bow and silver with gold armor. Killain’s was the same as mine, except his was red with white detail and had some blood on it from when our uncle died. He also had had a dagger instead of a sword and had no shield.
When we reached the ground, as soon as we took off the druids sped off toward the floating isles. Looking around, i Thought about how big this place was, and how tiny the isles looked.
All of a sudden a couple of shadows appeared from behind the rock. They threw what looked like pure shadow at us, and i quickly put up my shield, which vaporized the shadow upon contact. I struck one of them and it convolved and fell to the ground. Alana shot one in the head and Killian stabbed the last in the back. The fight was over. My breath quickened after a saw more; 10 of them. One of them got Alana in the leg and Killian in the arm and they both fell. Enraged a rush into the group and blocked shadow after shadow and slayed beast after beast. When I killed them all I ran over to Killian and Alana. I was relieved to find them okay. I then realized then I had won my first fight without a scratch. We set up camp here and they insisted that they take all of the watches because i had done so well. I laid there thinking that becoming a warrior wouldn't be so hard.
Remember, if you have a good charecter idea, post in my sign ups thread!
EDIt: Okay maybe its not as long as i thought, But its still longer then the other ones!​

Last edited:

Jedizora

You shall be getting chaptersquicker now! Because i got microsoft word, and i've using Notebook, which makes stuff slow!

Jedizora

Chapter 4: The Great Chasm

It’s been five days since the encounter with the shadows, and we haven’t seen warrior school yet. What little water we have found is dirty, and contaminated. Water never tasted so good. Alana and Killian are okay, if a bit sore. The only living beings we saw were the shadows, if they could be described as living, but we saw a dead vulture and some bones that looked a bit too much like human ones. We discussed what the shadows could be, and if there is more things going on like this. We had bread for lunch, but that was about all we ate. I noticed Alana didn’t talk much, But I didn’t share this discovery with Killian. Although it made our job harder, we kept our heavy armor on because we had taken it off before the shadows attacked and we didn’t want to be caught off guard. An hour after lunch we started seeing a black blur on the horizon. We quickly ran towards it, hoping it would be warrior’s school. We didn’t get to it until night, and when we got there we were disappointed. Instead of warriors school a great big canyon spread out in front of us. It went down suddenly and had completely smooth sides which made me think it was man-made. Grains of sand tumbled down it in small streams here and there, and we couldn’t see the bottom. We decided to camp for the night. Maybe we could see the bottom once it’s daytime. Once it woke up, we say an old man come toward us. “My name is Atsuma. You want to get to warriors school?” We nodded “then you will have to pass 3 trials. This, the Great Chasm is the first one. You have to cross this. I’ll be your guide for the rest of the desert, but then I’ll have to let my sister, Magantha Take you through the jungle. I cannot help you threw this, only guide you.” And with that, he disappeared in a puff of smoke and appeared across the mile wide chasm, but somehow we could still hear him say “Hurry up! Nobody else can cross until you do and there’s a group coming from Algania!” We went over to the side of the chasm and looked down there was only blackness. Killian dropped a stone over the edge. We didn’t hear it drop. Climbing is out of the option. “Maybe you should summon your dragon” Killian told Alana. “I can’t. She’s a water dragon, and this desert she’ll burn up. What kind of dragon can you summon, Zordo?” “I don’t know. I’ve never tried to.” Everyone born that’s not born on the floating isles can summon a dragon. I said the words ”saurian, glom, ide Stemmas!” All of a sudden a dragon appeared out of nowhere. But it wasn’t just any dragon. It was a light dragon. The fastest, most pure, most powerful type of dragon. Perfect for fighting the shadow beasts. Even Atsuma across the chasm looked amazed. It let out a low growl, but I could hear it in my head. It has a calm female voice, it said: “My name is Drenka, and I will take you across the canyon.” We hopped on her back and flew across. It was amazing. When we got across, it evaporated and left behind an amulet. Alana said “that will let you call her at any time. I can’t believe that you got a light dragon! They are so rare. I heard only heroes got them.” All this time, Atsuma was watching me. When Alana finished he told me to get on a horse drawn wagon so we could get to the jungle. As we got comfortable I could hear mumble “He can’t be… but with a dragon like that… No! I shall not think of that”

Origally, he was supposed to have two rainbow dragons, mainly because i love with the double rainbow video that you have probley seen if you have a computer. which you do. How else woud you be reading this?

Jedizora

Thanks Elvenknight. I've been planning on writing more chapters, but my sis has my flashdrive. And Did you really call me Zordo?

Last edited:

Jedizora

I didn't actually post that many chapters, did I? I thought I had at least 3 more. I suppose when I get my flashdrive back, I'll post them. And I might be going back and correcting any grammerical errors in the meantime.

Jedizora

Sorry about the Double post.Well, I've finally run out of reasons to not post any more chapters. I've finally got my flashdrive back. Expect more chapters soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom