• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Storms

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
OK, if you look in the Daily Happy thread, then you will no doubt notice that I am a little overjoyed about the thunderstorm that is currently raging outside my house. I freaking love storms! Living in a rainforest, we naturally get a lot of rain here, but storms are kind of a rarity. I love lightning, I love rain, and the two go together so well! In storms like this, I just love going out for walks! Lightning walks are the best!

But what is your opinion on storms? Do you like them? Why or why not? In the event of a storm, what do you usually do? Stay inside, or go outside? What if the power goes out?
Not: I don't mean huge storms, such as hurricanes or tropical storms. I mean simple thunderstorms.

HOLY **** THAT LIGHTNING STRIKE ALMOST HIT TOWN!
THIS IS FREAKING EPIC!!!!!!!
Sorry, we don't get a lot of storms, so I'm a little excited :sweat:

Clank

Hmm
Hmm, generally if it just some rain or something, then I go out in it(provided it isn't freezing outside), however if there is a ton of lightning, then I usually stay inside(and here's why http://youtu.be/gy15vPst-Js?t=14s )

However if there is a ton of hail, I also stay inside, as hail isn't very comfortable...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't really like storms, no. There's been a few quite bad ones up here, I remember a tree toppled over one year which was pretty scary, and yeah, usually it consists of me running around looking after my dogs since they cry and try and hide, and have caught themselves up in wires before and got quite distressed before. It's sad. But, I don't really sleep well with it going on, so a storm = a crap night, for me.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Storms aren't that bad, it's just nature, I guess. I just don't like nasty storms that wreak havoc upon the earth and kill people, such as tornadoes, etc.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
To be honest, I don't see why people do like them. Maybe it's because they're somewhat of a rarity, especially in some places - so maybe a change in weather is what people like?

I've never been a big fan of them, a storm usually means awful, wet and miserable weather, which is just a bad combination for me, i like sun and blue sky, so cliché, I know. I've never been too big of thunder storms to be fair, I guess some see them as an adrenaline rush, I see them as noisy, miserable and not being able to do things.

I guess it's because I'm a Golfer, us and thunder storms don't get on. Thunder is actually incredibly dangerous while playing golf, for one you are heavily exposed, tress may provide shelter but they actually become a hazard. The main problem is the golf shaft being metal though, it can attract the electrical current, it's happened to people before and why you have to be cautious during such storms. I've also played quite a few football games in this weather, which was odd. I remember getting injured in one game and sitting on the sidelines watching when suddenly thunder came. I had to sit in the rain with three other teammates sharing one umbrella, came home looking like I've just been in a Tsunami :I

Big Octo

=^)
I actually do enjoy a good storm. As justac00lguy mentioned above, it's actually because they are somewhat rare where I live.

Most days, the sun shines with few clouds. It might be overcast in the morning, but it usually clears up. If I hear or see raindrops, I get excited. Furthermore, if the sound of thunder graces my ears, I am overjoyed, and rush to the window to catch a glance of lightning. I can sit by that window for the entire duration of the storm.

So... yeah, it's really the change if weather that I enjoy. I wish thunderstorms would be more frequent in my area.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I love rain. But I hate rain. It's a complicated relationship. Rain is a pain in the *** when I'm trying to do something outside, like go for a run or play basketball or go on a field trip (for real, it poured on the only field trip I took this year). It also scares my dog, so she won't go outside when it's raining, and even more, she shakes uncontrollably when it thunders. But rain is also really tranquil and relaxing and it makes everything smell nice. It makes for nice cuddle weather and generally makes me happy.

Wow what an excellent coincidence considering my power just went out for like an hour. I couldn't even post this because I lost my internet connection too. I like the sound of thunder, but I hate the whole "losing power" business. That's not really my style y'know? During Hurricane Sandy, almost everybody in the surrounding towns lost power, but my neighborhood didn't. I've been spoiled; I've only ever lost power on a select few occasions. So, when the power stays in working condition, I like storms.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Eh, it rains often enough that I don't really care, even during a thunderstorm. What really bothers me is when the wind is blowing really hard against my window and it sounds like it's going to break.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I DISLIKE rain. I dislike rain so much. Even if it's not raining heavily, I'll still be scared. I mostly dislike storms. I'm really scared of them and I'll be in a bad mood or I'll start crying when there is a huge storm. I have this thing of being scared of loud noises, especially the rain. It's scary. Rain is realllyyy scary.

masterSword2

Smile!
I have no problem with storms. The intense rain and lightening can be interesting to watch. What I do have a problem with is when it knocks out the power. Like last time it stormed. I had to spend an hour and a half carrying buckets of water up the stairs and dumping them outside, to keep our basement from flooding since the sump pump wouldn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom