• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Storm Echo's Video and Content Post!

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Everybody! Here's "Storm's First Zelda Lets Play", Part 2: Rohta Chigah shrine and the spiked death "Stop to Start" challenge!

I'm noticing some issues with sound quality again here, probably because live commentary is harder to keep the mic in the "sweet spot". I've got the other two shrines left to do with pre-recorded live audio, but after that I'll be trying an improved setup. Comments are always appreciated, PM me or reply here if you have any feedback you want to share.

Thanks as always! And subtitles are up+processed! I found a way to speed the processing up by helping it along as it goes, so I'll be trying to do that in the future. That way nobody has to wait to watch because of lack of good subtitles :)

Next ones will be out soon! Goal is to have all 4 of the advanced shrine puzzles finished and ready this week!

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Continuing the trend, I'm trying to blitz out the entire Champions' Ballad DLC in Let's Play format as quickly as possible. I want to test my limits! On that note, I've finished Episode 3 of the "Storm Champs' Ballad DLC", Ruvo Korbah shrine and the Majorest of Strength Tests!

Sound quality is improving, I was able to get some mixer settings worked up for this one that worked better than the last. I also think I'm getting the hang of editing these for entertainment value - at first I was tempted to keep too much of the "downtime" stuff for mild commentary or combat, but I think cutting even a bit further down to "the good stuff" while still retaining that long-form live commentary gameplay is very possible. The next video, which will be out late tonight, should showcase this.

Thanks for watching guys! I appreciate you all!

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
BANG BANG BANG! A video every 1 and a bit days this week so far! Today we have the (Subs attached!) 4th video in my Champion's Ballad series: Etsu Korima shrine, and the darkest path to light!

This has been an interesting experiment in Let's Plays for me; if any of you actually went through and watched them, could I get a little feedback? Was the length OK, pacing+jokes interesting, would you want to see more like this or a reversion to my more highly edited clips?

Thanks!

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
I'd like less flying arrow shoots!! Nah they good vids just better lighting needed sometimes...

Yeah I know that I mostly did bullet time arrow bombing runs on the camps in this round, that was partially because the 1/4 heart thing was really scary so blasting all the weak enemies to smithereens was a safe way to do it. I actually edited out EVEN MORE bullet times, and tried doing a 2x speed on the ones I did keep, because I know I was spamming it pretty hard... I'll try to play more creatively for future Lets Plays :)

As for the lighting thing, yeah that last video was pretty dark! Can't imagine why, but I think it should be fixed for the next one!

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Yeah I know that I mostly did bullet time arrow bombing runs on the camps in this round, that was partially because the 1/4 heart thing was really scary so blasting all the weak enemies to smithereens was a safe way to do it. I actually edited out EVEN MORE bullet times, and tried doing a 2x speed on the ones I did keep, because I know I was spamming it pretty hard... I'll try to play more creatively for future Lets Plays :)

As for the lighting thing, yeah that last video was pretty dark! Can't imagine why, but I think it should be fixed for the next one!
I'm like dude just stand there and pick em off!!

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Hello everyone, I'm back from vacation and my video finished uploading while I was away at the lake, so it's time for a post to talk about it if ye want! This time, it's the "first quarter" of the Champion's Ballad DLC. I started with Revali's quest, because Revali's Gale is the best!

It's the longest video I've made since "getting serious", and I hope it isn't too long... Is it too long? Please tell me if it's too long... I'm already trying to think of ways to justify remaking it because I worry nobody will watch a long video from an unknown content creator such as myself.

In either case, I had fun making it and playing it so I think it was time well spent anyways :)

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Alright folks, after a dramatically larger amount of time spent editing, I have the newest improvedest version of a longform live audio video, featuring the EX Champion's Song: Urbosa shrines, puzzles, and boss fight! Check it out here if you would like!

Subs are up in a timely fashion this time, and I do genuinely believe this is my absolute best longform video yet! I'd love to hear what you think :) Next one should be out much sooner relatively speaking! It's gonna be MOUNTAIN OF FLAME aka Daruks Song!

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Whew, OK, it's been a long time since I last posted here - I'm far overdue for an update! In the last 7 months, I have made a LOT of videos.

In July, I rematched Fireblight Ganon in the Champions Ballad, did the same for Waterblight Ganon in "Mipha's Meticulous Masterpiece", before finishing the Champion's Ballad DLC fighting Maz Koshia the Mad Monk!

I did some League of Legends videos, featuring Yone the Twinblade Samurai Edgelord, Hecarim the Very Fast Horse (100 Horse Facts included!), my main girl Nami the Fish Witch, as well as some ridiculous games of One for All mode and Ultra Rapid Fire URF Mode. I even did a "speedrun" of disenchanting over 100 champion shards!

I sold my soul to beat the Trial of the Sword (level 1) on Master Mode, figured out how to abuse food buffs to beat level 2 of the Trial, and killed ALL of the enemies to finish the entire Trial of the Sword!

I played a few games of Reinhardt in Overwatch, that was fun!

Then, a momentous occasion! In September 2020, I hit 100 subscribers!! To celebrate, I made one of my personal favorite videos thus far and killed Link 100 completely unique ways!

After that, to cap off my Master Mode adventures, I killed Ganon in "One Hit"!

I then made some Monster Hunter videos for the first time since "getting serious" with the channel, starting by showing my strategy for soloing Black Fatalis then making a couple of more entertainment-focused videos, one for defeating the Ancient Leshen solo and another one of my favorites, FAILING a quest in one hit!

I played some Smash Bros, that was fun!

Taking the request of our very own Spirit, I tried out some F-Zero GX! It was VERY fast and very fun, and I intend to come back to it once or twice more in the future. Thanks Spirit :)

Back to Breath of the Wild, I cheated at Goron Golf, then whipped out a shield and surfed the highest peaks in Hyrule before getting my slow-mo on and putting my own spin on some archery tricks!

I also followed a direct request by our own Giri, and tried a new angle - AMPING UP the boss fight with The Stranger in God of War! Never let it be said that Storm forgets a request from a friend, thanks Giri :)

Then, another momentous moment in Storm history - I made my first "Monster Hunter Iceborne Top 5 Weapons" video, starting with the top 5 Greatswords. This series has done SUPER well for me so far!

(I also have videos for the best Sword and Shields, Lances, Longswords, Charge Blades, Dual Blades, Switch Axes, Bows, and Heavy Bowguns! Striking while the iron is hot for this series, and I obviously plan to finish it with the other weapons as I have time.

I then got into some competitive Pokemon Sword and Shield, making videos covering the Dragon Cup Official 1v1 Tournament, a tournament in the GS Cup Format hosted by former World Champion Wolfe Glick, and my own team for the Players Cup 3 Qualifier. I also did a very extensive analysis and tier list ranking for all 31 restricted Legendary Pokemon!

I did a smattering of miscellanous games, including speedrunning a prismatic trial in Risk of Rain 2 without taking a single point of damage, unlocking Sephiroth on "Very Hard" difficulty in the Sephiroth Challenge on Smash Bros Ultimate, busting ghosts in Phasmophobia with my friends, and a short video lamenting the struggles of a working adult who just wants to play games.

And, finally, one more group of Breath of the Wild videos including my most successful (for some reason..?) video yet! I beat Eventide Island using nothing but the Bow, which was very fun then wrote and performed a song dedicated to how amazing the Korok Leaf is! (this is another one of my very favorites)

My most successful video to date, however, is a little 35-second short video of me doing a ridiculous super mega ultra tree-surfing dive off of Shatterback Point and smashing unceremoniously into Vah Ruta, which was a video idea that our very own Echolight came up with many months ago! Echolight, THANK YOU SO MUCH! This video alone got me a ridiculous 161,000 views so far, and over 100 subscribers by itself! It was a very good idea :)

So, that's my update on what I've been doing the last 7 months.. I should have stayed more active here, I got so busy with real life that I barely had time to make my videos, but I will be on more often now as I finally have life getting back into order and want to hang out with you guys more :)

Shoot me a PM or let me know if you have any video ideas, I still want to hear them!!!

Love, Storm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom