• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stone Temple in Hyrule?

Playing Majora's Mask i noticed in the begining you fell into a black edge, so now you are under Hyrule,
Later on the game on the stone temple you have to make the temple backward with the light arrow,
when you get to the boss entrance, you must jump into a sand hole that goes underground, But now that the temple is upside down, you actually go Up,
when you jump inside you are on a dessert looking place that (in my opinion) does not look like Termina at all...
What do you think?

Could you explain what you mean by "does not look like Termina at all"? I mean, what defining characteristics of this area in particular set it apart from the rest of Termina (from a "visual" standpoint)?

Night Owl

~Momentai
Playing Majora's Mask i noticed in the begining you fell into a black edge, so now you are under Hyrule,
Later on the game on the stone temple you have to make the temple backward with the light arrow,
when you get to the boss entrance, you must jump into a sand hole that goes underground, But now that the temple is upside down, you actually go Up,
when you jump inside you are on a dessert looking place that (in my opinion) does not look like Termina at all...
What do you think?

Could you explain what you mean that it doesn't look like termina?

First when you fall at the beginning it looks as if you fell through a portal of some sort. As if that hut like thing was a cairn. Second that twisty road leading to the base of the clock tower would seal the deal that you are in another dimension if the falling one didn't.
The moon is normal in Ocarina of Time, The moon has a face in Majora's Mask.

We exit the clock tower facing south. The stone tower is to the east. In Ocarina of Time the Lost woods are to the east. Even if we had some how ended up on the other hemisphere. The desert would need to be east of the woods. (Which isn't impossible) Also the tower flipped, reversing gravity, causing us to fall into the sky (off the planet). Also you can see the top of the tower if you look up during the boss fight, I think. The desert place in the boss room could not be in Hyrule.
There is either an ocean, swamp, mountain range, or canyon between the two realms, if there isn't a dimensional barrier between them. Hopefully I made some sense.

Nine-tailed Fox

FUS RO DAH!!!!
I'm not to sure where this thread is going as the originally stated theory was, no offense, pretty vague. If you are thinking that the boss fight doesn't take place in Termina, you're probably right. It probably doesn't take place in Hyrule either though. More than likely a whole new realm in and of itself. It's likely this is where Majora's Mask was held before it fell into the dark tribe's hands. Might I suggest Googling "Stone Tower of Babel"? It's a great theory that points out many of the questions you have and more. It's a bit lengthy, but it really dives deep into the realm where the boss battle takes place. I highly recommend it. And no, I didn't make it myself. I won't take any credit for it. :)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Terminia is a different dimension, Its completly different from hyrule, they may be connected through the point were link falls in the hole are when the staircase starts turning (Who knows which one is the point were you go to the different deminsion) but other than that, stone tower is a part of terminia, not hyrule.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
What do you think?

Why do you say that you are under Hyrule when you're entering the Stone Tower Temple?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Termina is not under Hyrule in the idea that it's like some kind of world in a cave. Think about it, there's a sky and a moon coming down. Those wouldn't be underground. It is under Hyrule in more of a different dimension or some kind of flipped way where world is upsidown compared to Hyrule and actually fits on the bottoom of Hyrule (I more believe it's the other dimension but you never know).

Termina is not under Hyrule in the idea that it's like some kind of world in a cave. Think about it, there's a sky and a moon coming down. Those wouldn't be underground. It is under Hyrule in more of a different dimension or some kind of flipped way where world is upsidown compared to Hyrule and actually fits on the bottoom of Hyrule (I more believe it's the other dimension but you never know).

Do you mean they are two dimensions on opposite sides of the same "coin"? On the flip-side there's Termina, and on the other there's Hyrule. When the Stone Tower (ST) is flipped, you are then on the Hyrule side, correct? I'm not saying I agree with your theory, but I guess it might serve as a basis as to why there are many references to Hyrule when the ST turned topsy-turvy, including the Triforce crests. To reiterate, I don't necessarily agree with your theory, as am I personally more or less a proponent to the Tower of Babel theories to be honest. Besides, there are many contradictions to your theory, and much of it can probably be debunked after a look at Hyrule Historia...

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Do you mean they are two dimensions on opposite sides of the same "coin"? On the flip-side there's Termina, and on the other there's Hyrule. When the Stone Tower (ST) is flipped, you are then on the Hyrule side, correct? I'm not saying I agree with your theory, but I guess it might serve as a basis as to why there are many references to Hyrule when the ST turned topsy-turvy, including the Triforce crests. To reiterate, I don't necessarily agree with your theory, as am I personally more or less a proponent to the Tower of Babel theories to be honest. Besides, there are many contradictions to your theory, and much of it can probably be debunked after a look at Hyrule Historia...

First off, I would like to say that I don't really agree with the Hyrule Historia. Second, I had actually said two possible theories where either it's just another dimension that has an opening underground in Hyrule or, like you were asking, a kind of other side of the coin (I prefer to think of it as a reflection in a mirror). Like I also said, I don't really believe the second one, but it still is possible.

First off, I would like to say that I don't really agree with the Hyrule Historia. Second, I had actually said two possible theories where either it's just another dimension that has an opening underground in Hyrule or, like you were asking, a kind of other side of the coin (I prefer to think of it as a reflection in a mirror). Like I also said, I don't really believe the second one, but it still is possible.

I understand where you're coming from, and it makes sense; your mirror analogy is especially interesting. But I think a two-sided coin flip would make a better analogy, as I'm sure it paints a better picture for those reading your theory; that is to say, it is easier to imagine than a mirror, but this is but only my opinion.

In addition, I don't think you should ignore Hyrule Historia. I mean, sure, the timeline portion may be questionable [see spoiler], but the rest of it makes it an extremely credible source for information - the best (if not the only) source of official info all in one place. It is even backed up by the guys at Nintendo themselves (Aunoma et. al.), as they participated in its creation. That being said, I don't think it is even possible to disagree with the valuable info it contains. I thought I'd throw this tidbit in, but please, don't mistake it for attempting to lead this thread off-topic.

Speaking of the timeline: I think everyone should accept it for what it is. It serves as a sort of "skeleton-base" for the timeline of the games, and it is largely subject to change (at least most of it is "i.e. What If timeline"). As new Zelda games are released, it [the timeline] may be subject to retcon and other changes.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
It could be the Gerudo desert... unlikely though! I think that Nintendo just didn't have enough room for a boss chamber, so they created a new area. However, the theories above are interesting, and could be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom