• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Steve Jobs Steps Down As Head of Apple

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Steve-jobs-apple.jpg

For those of you who recognize the man in the picture above, you may know that he, being Steve Jobs, has been one of the most technologically influential people of our generation. Pioneer of the Iphone, Ipad, and many other apple products. I'm sure many of you even own an iphone or an ipad.

Well, as of today, Steve Jobs has sucessfully resigned as head of apple. Why? Due to his constant health problems since January, and for a few other reasons of which I am not quite sure.

The real question is, is this a positive or a negative thing? How will this affect us, Apple and the stock market in general?

Anyone stepping down who has done good is a negative thing. (You can say apple is evil, and apple is this and apple is that, but still, look at what this one man created and tell me it's not an accomplisment).

Apple has always been a huge point for investors, but with it's head gone, the values will plummit.

The general public's reaction? Well that's unknown for now. It's likely that they won't even care. Ignorant bliss and content with the items is all that is cared about/needed.

What do you think about this whole situation?

Well, I'm personally glad that he's taking his health into consideration. One's health should come before anything, in my opinion. Consumers need not fret, as there surely will still be a new Apple iPod released every other week or so as there was prior to his stepping down.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It is well-known by anyone who has asked me, that I strongly dislike Apple as a corporation, and that I deeply resent the success of the iPhone. I would like nothing more than to see Steve Jobs' leaving cripple Apple and allow another company to take the lead. I feel that the iPhone/iPad is a very closed platform that stifles innovation, user freedom and competition with everything from unfair patents that prevent competitors from making similar devices, to DRM that won't let you take music off your iPhone, to a garden walled ecosystem that won't let people decide which applications to use. I also don't like the way Apple systems are designed solely for simplicity ease-of-use, and allow far less control by the user, limiting you to doing things the designers intended.

However, despite how much I dislike Apple, I would not want to see Steve Jobs die. He's still a person, after all, and his innovations early on in computing are still with us today. I just wish that he wasn't pushing for Apple to be such a big, intrusive part of our lives today. I have never owned an iPhone or iPad, and I hope that I am never forced to use one.

All of this said, I doubt that Steve Jobs stepping down will hurt Apple very much. At this point, Apple has enough power that all it needs to do is continue producing iPhones and other products, and it will perform well for another 3 years. They don't even need to innovate, they just need to avoid messing up what they've got, and keep doing what they've been doing.

Well good for him. He was starting look older than the 100 year old people at the retirement home I work at :\

But seriously. I kind of agree, I hope this almost ruins Apple, or at least hurts them severely. Apple seems to be turning into an old Microsoft, with their whoring of anything at all that looks like or is related to an ipad/ipod/ianything. I mean, god, companies can't even like make anything similar or try to even compete against them without infringing on some damn copyright.

If anything, maybe it'll make the prices go down so I don't have to pay an extra $200 bucks just because it has the name Apple on it.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
However, despite how much I dislike Apple, I would not want to see Steve Jobs die. He's still a person, after all, and his innovations early on in computing are still with us today. I just wish that he wasn't pushing for Apple to be such a big, intrusive part of our lives today. I have never owned an iPhone or iPad, and I hope that I am never forced to use one.

Same. I've never been into phones much. I rather online communication than mobile.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
I have never liked, or had anything to do with apple.
But i would not like an innocent guy die, plus what about all the fans of Apple....?

I have never liked, or had anything to do with apple.
But i would not like an innocent guy die, plus what about all the fans of Apple....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom