• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Steve and Alex in Smash : What's your thoughts?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
I'm sorry if this was posted earlier.

But the rumors are true! our blocky friends(pun not intended) are in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
What do you think about it?

Still want Skull kid....

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It feels like a slamdunk from a sales perspective. There are probably thousands of kids whose earliest exposure to gaming was something like Minecraft, so including him as a playable fighter in Smash will probably sell very well.

I also don't like it, because it feels like the blandest decision they could have made.

I'm still holding out for some indie characters like Shantae, Shovel Knight, Miriam, or Yooka-Laylee.

I think it's a fine addition. They seem like pretty unique characters with block building so I'm looking forward to finding out more on Saturday. In terms of importance as far as Smash announcements go, it's definitely up there with the likes of Snake, Sonic, Cloud, and Banjo-Kazooie.

I was against the possibility that Steve be added to Smash. Not because I thought it wouldn't happen, but because I thought it was so likely and I didn't want it to. In fact, anticipating him was why I didn't prepurchase the second fighters pass. But now that it's happened... I surprisingly have no real strong feelings either way. It made a lot of people happy and made a lot of others just overdose on memes and I kind of feel myself in the latter group. This year has been so stupid, I think something as nonsensical and chaotic as Steve in Smash somehow just feels appropriate.

He still scares me, though.

[shrugs] Just another character for me to beat the "Classic Mode" with and forget about. I kind of got the vibe that they would've added some kind of Minecraft related character, so I wasn't surprised by the reveal. Never played Minecraft so I'm not really giddy/happy about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset in any way, I'm just... "Meh". I dunno. I have a cousin that enjoys Minecraft, So at least now he has a character he can connect with and enjoy when he comes over and plays Smash.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
It's just kinda weird to me. It seemed to me that Sakurai didn't really want to add the character, but did it anyway because it was a challenge, and because of pressure from the money-people. I'm ok with it though, just didn't really expect it XD

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Steve was one of the few picks I actively didn't want to get in, so I'm not very happy about it. I know my younger cousins are gonna be very happy about it, though. I bought the pass already and I don't really regret it, because I wanted everything since that's the kind of game SSBU is. I'll give him a try and then probably never use him again just like Terry and Banjo. At the very least, having an extra stage to end up in and a new CPU to beat up will be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom