• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stephen King

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
alright so I'm assuming most of you have read the art of horror master mind Stephen king. from his books to his movies and from his movies to his comics.

Stephen king started my writing career (I'm no good though).

he scares the people that he looks at.

and at baseball games he reads instead of watching the game.

whats your idea on the evil man with the amazing books?

do you like him or not and why?

well my opinion on him is... well lets say he is one of my heroes as well as shigeru miyamoto.

I~ don't think so. o-o

I watched, yes watched, ONE movie of his and I nearly jumped out of my skin. TT_TT

I guess I'm not the horror type.
He's okay on rare occasions, but not always. n_n

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
read his books you will either faint from the things he says (warning: hes a bit racist in the stand) because he explains the way people get torn apart.

and his movies leave a lot out but the awesome thing is he makes an appearance in every one of his movies.

and that's a lot.

examples:
rose red: pizza man
Carrie: cab driver
needful things: rioter

hes a scary man.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I love Stephen King! His books are absolutely wonderful, even though some of them are quite odd.

The Movie, and book: Rose Red, was one of my all time favourites of his work.

And yes, I think it's great that he actively makes an appearence in his movies, it enhances the whole movie experience knowing that the author of it is actually in the cast.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Currently reading Skeleton Crew, a collection of his short stories. First book I've read by King. I rather liked the opening novella, 'The Mist'. Was great; I couldn't put it down. All of the movies were pretty solid too. Time permitting, I'd like to take a crack at a few of the titles someday. So, yeah, I like Stephen King.

Why do I like Stephen King? I guess.. because he seems to have a real good wrap on how the human psyche works. It's always fascinating how he puts people into extreme situations, causing them to do abnormal things, and makes it appear completely normal.

I don't care to read much, but do like the movies he's had a part in. It, Riding the Bullet, his made for tv mini series of the Shining, not to mention his work in Creepshow ( way before most of your times ) and Tales from the Darkside ( some of Kings work was adopted into the series, and again probably way before many of your times ).

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
A very gifted writer who tends to ramble on too much. He's miscast as a horror writer. Nothing he wrote ever scared me, even as a kid. His characterizations, however, are beyond anything I've ever read. Most characters in his books act and sound like someone you'd meet everyday. I've read many of his books. They have varying degrees of quality, but his good books are GOOD.

I've liked his work on the Shining, but after his insult to Stephenie Meyers, I thought I'd read some more. He is like the god of writing.

Len

Zelda On Paper
I~ don't think so. o-o

I watched, yes watched, ONE movie of his and I nearly jumped out of my skin. TT_TT

I guess I'm not the horror type.
He's okay on rare occasions, but not always. n_n

oh... i guess...
you are talking about the movie... CLOWN IT?... well that movie did really scare me when i was a small dude.
i read "carrie" (the only book i've read from his creations) he's got some real scary wrtiting abilities, i love his works.

Kybyrian

He tells his stories like it would have been told there. The guy is a genius, I've read quite a few of his books. I don't tend to like reading, but I do sometimes settle down for a good Stephen King novel. I believe the last one that I read was Rose Madder. I'm currently reading Desperation. Despite having watched the movie a couple times at the least, I never read the book. I think that my favorite book and movie of Stephen King's is Needful Things. Magnificent author, he is.

Austin

Austin
I loved The Stand. With a burning friggin passion. It was twelve hundred pages of awesomeness. I've also read the Shining, part of Salem's Lot and a book of short stories called Four Strokes to Midnight. I don't feel nearly as passionate about the movies based on his books, however. Again, The Stand was excellent, probably because it was eight hours long. The Shining though.... ew. Couldn't stand the film. I mean, one of the themes of the book was Jack's transition from a good father to an evil villian. In the movie however, he was a complete d-bag from day one. I didn't like the end scene (SPOILER ALERTZ) where the camera zooms in on the picture of the hotel staff from the 20's. Yeah, so he's somehow in the picture. Is that scary?

I liked Carrie (which has one of the best lines ever; "I can see your dirty pillows"), and I was kinda ambivalent towards the one with the older guy who could read people by touching them, and the not-men or something were coming after him and the bully hit the girl with a stick or something.... y'know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom