• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Stealth Mission

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I was thinking about that one part in SS where you lose all your items and have to sneak around enemies in order find your way back, and the enemy avoidacne sectors in WW. I, for one, enjoy the idea of Link having to stealthily avoid his opponents. It adds a dimension to Zelda gameplay we don't usually see, and I think if its given more development, it could be a really great part of a future game. What if Link had to sneak around enemy camps at night, or had the option to sneak through certain challenges, thus granting more variety and player choice and replayability. What if Link could crawl around through grass and sneak up on enemies or have to hide to avoid monsters that fly about the fields? I want to see more stealth aspects in Zelda. Do you guys want to see more, and what else might you implement?

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I don't mind a good bit of stealth in most of the games I play. It's always good fun to sneak around and try not to get detected. But I don't really see it for the Zelda series, unless in small bits of the game like you mentioned. I just don't think it's a gameplay element they should add to the series.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
The Legend of Zelda: Metal Gear Link. I like the sound of it.

I think it could be fun if they allowed us to use stealth gameplay alongside regular combat gameplay if we so choose. Those sections where we are forced to use stealth to accomplish our goal really raise the stakes & tension, and I like that in the games. Even if we're just roaming around in the overworld it'd still be cool to be able to sneak around in the grass & silently take out the enemy from behind.

Sure, let's see more of this in Zelda games. Could be fun.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
Metal Gear Zelda = YES

Could be good, the slightly stealthy bits already in the series are awesome, but only for small sections like these. More stealthy enimies could be good, like the Armos in WW and TP, having to sneak round them and attack the crystal.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
The great thing about the action adventure genre is that there is the possibility to have lots of game play variation without having to flip into a whole another game play mode/genre. Having stealth sections in the games adds allot of variety and some difficulty because it is a drastic (yet fulfilling) change of pace.

I would also like to list all of the stealth sections from the games that I can remember from the games: Hyrule castle in OoT as a child, Gerudo Fortress as an adult OoT, Sacred Forrest medow OoT, Deku Palace MM, Pirate Fortress MM, Forsaken Fortress TWW, Most of PH (Temple of Ocean King and more), Most of ST (Tower of Spirits), Late Elden Volcano SS, All of the silent realm challenges SS, Outside of the Dark Palace ALBW.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
If there was a memorable part of Skyward Sword that I enjoyed the most, it has to be that section where Link lost his items and had to obtain them back from the Bokoblins. There are games that use the game mechanic of using stealth to reach the next objective, but it is such a race occasion when it is actually implemented. With Skyward Sword, it was fun to go through an area of the game without any of my items except for the . The stealth portion of Skyward Sword really reminded me of Metal Gear Solid, and I really love that series! It gave the game more personality as we don't really see Link using stealth to get to the next objective of the game. The only thing I wish there was more I personally would like to see more of this concept be implemented in future Zelda games. It could even be further developed and maybe be used in not only when Link has to escape from an away because they tracking him down after realizing that he is lurking around in their hideout or dungeon. Stealthing around is a very interesting concept and I really do hope the we get to see this game mechanic used in an upcoming Zelda game, preferably Zelda Wii U.

Sheik

:the:
Eh, the stealth-related portions of Zelda games never interested me much. However, I think having more general gameplay surrounded around stealth would be very interesting. I like the idea of avoiding conflict; when it's better to hide or sneak than to fight. This new gameplay should balance around the current Zelda formula, however, and not just be lazily ripped from MGS.

I want Zelda U to have fast, smart, and powerful enemies, contrary to simple enemies that wait two minutes to attack and only take away half a heart or so. I think there could be some really powerful enemies in the game that you are too weak early on to fight, so in the beginning parts of the game, you have to avoid conflict. Then later, when you're strong enough, you are able to fight it.

Also, stealth could be useful against enemies like the SS Bokoblins with the horns that are used to call their allies. If you stealthily sneak up to a horn-carrying enemy and kill it quickly, they won't be able to signal the other enemies to attack.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I love the stealth missions! They're a fun break from all the running and slashing and add a little more drama to the game. Sneaking around is so much fun and more challenging when they also take your weapons. I always found it silly that in OoT when they throw you in the dungeon they totally let you keep all of your weapons, so I like that in SS they remedy that with a more realistic "haha we divy'd up your stuff good luck finding it"

I would love to go up against the Gerudo again, they were the most fun to sneak around and annoy

I don't mind a stealth mission in theory. I don't like how the Zelda series does it. I used to play Splinter Cell so I like stealth but I know there are times when stealth isn't an option and you have to hide a body. That said, Zelda stealth mostly boils down to "if they see you, you lose." I get it, sort of, but it would be nice if Link had some other options besides hiding or stunning an enemy long enough to run past with no explanation of why the guard doesn't think anything of being stunned when he comes out of it.

Now if you could head shot a bokoblin with your slingshot and have them fall into a stream...

The player should have the option of stealth or killing; in most areas where you would have to kill all the enemies to advance, why not have the choice of getting around them instead?

Salem

SICK
If I have the option to fight back instead being dragged to a prison or getting killed immediately, then it's fine.

The player should have the option of stealth or killing; in most areas where you would have to kill all the enemies to advance, why not have the choice of getting around them instead?

That's kind of what I meant. I didn't explain it fully but it's where I was going. In the "get your crap" mission in SS, your hands were completely tied. That made it seem like Link was useless without his sword and I don't think that's the case. I think Link is capable enough to get by without his sword for a little while, even if it means hiding behind a rock and clocking a bokoblin over the head with a deku nut before dragging the body into a shadowy spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom