• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Starting Up

ShadowsofTime

The Hidden Triforce God
We've only seen the trailer for XY, but that's really all we need to buy a game. Which will you buy, who will you start off with, what do you wish would be in the game? I'm gonna get X just because Xerneas looks cool. My starter will definatly be Fennekin, because he's the first fire type that makes me redebate my opinions of Vulpix. Truthfully, one element that can be added to X/Y is the Battle Frontier. The one from Emerald, not Platinum+.:pikachu::pikalove::pokeball::wynaut:

I'll be getting both games. I haven't decided which game I'll play first but whatever one I start, I will choose Fennekin as my starter and Froakie on the other game. Not sure what I really want in Pokémon X & Y, I'm golden with just the fact that I can get an Espeon and a Gallade potentially.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
No offense or anything but it's a bit rash to decide which game you want so quickly having only seen FIVE of a possible 100+ Pokemon that will be in the game. Furthermore, we don't know any version exclusive areas or anything else about the games further than what we've seen. Heck, we haven't even seen the evolutions of the starters, let alone their move pools or typing.

L

links-shadow

No offense or anything but it's a bit rash to decide which game you want so quickly having only seen FIVE of a possible 100+ Pokemon that will be in the game. Furthermore, we don't know any version exclusive areas or anything else about the games further than what we've seen. Heck, we haven't even seen the evolutions of the starters, let alone their move pools or typing.

I totally agree with you, man. More information is needed before making decisions. This game is either going to be really innovative, or just a basic Pokemon game that is in 3D. Maybe there won't even be that many new Pokemon. Maybe Fennekin WILL be a fire/fighting type. How do we know? We don't. So choosing seems silly at this point in time.

choosing seems silly at this point in time.

Not completely. I knew from the start that I was gonna choose Fennekin because I always start a Pokémon game with a Fire Type, and Water would be my second choice. I agree you need more information to decide what game to play first or pick up first, but you don't need much information to decided what starter you are going to choose.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Then really, what justification is there in making a thread purely to ask what starter someone is going to use? Just wait for more information to be given; it's pointless to discuss so soon due to the lack of reasoning we can provide. Just my 2 cents.

Then really, what justification is there in making a thread purely to ask what starter someone is going to use? Just wait for more information to be given; it's pointless to discuss so soon due to the lack of reasoning we can provide.

The Op isn't just asking which starter you are going to pick, he is also asking which version you will get and what features you would like to see in the game(s). That's fine to ask, people out there have most likely already decided which game they are getting purely because of the Mascot of said version, the Pokémon actually in the game doesn't matter. Maybe you don't feel like you have enough information to decide right now which is completely fine, but you could answer what you would like to see in Pokémon X & Y instead of complaining.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
All I'm saying is that there is already a myriad of threads asking what version you'll get and I don't really understand what this thread contributes.

To make this on topic, I think Yveltal is the better legendary which inclines me more towards version Y with Fennekin appearing to be the best starter, aesthetics-wise.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think I'll go for the blue one (X?). Historically I've always got the "red" game first - PKMN Red, FireRed, Gold, etc...but now it's time for a change.

As for wishes...I just hope Chikorita is able to be caught without a hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom