• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Starting and Ending with the Biggest Game Reveals

Lately, Nintendo's presentations have started and ended with a big game reveal. Last month's Nintendo Direct began with Super Mario Maker 2 and ended with the Link's Awakening remake. The Nindies Presentation from a few hours ago started with Cuphead and ended with the Cadence of Hyrule expansion for Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Obviously, this is a bit of a play on how humans remember things. We tend to have primacy as well as recency bias in our memories. So it's a smart movie from Nintendo that grabs attention. But it makes the middle of these presentations often feel dull in comparison, and you're just sitting through it until the announcement of "one more thing."

I think this is fine overall, but I wish Nintendo paced their presentations a little bit better. This isn't the first time they did something like this with the November 2015 Direct starting with TP HD and ending with Cloud announced for Smash 4. But it becomes predictable after a while.

What do you think?

What do you think?
I think the Zelda game was not one of the biggest reveals. It's just an average game remade with Link and Zelda thrown in.
The two biggest reveals in the direct were Cuphead and Blaster Master Zero 2. Bookending directs with the biggest announcements works great . . . but only when the first and last announcements are the biggest in the direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom