• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Starter Type

What's your starter type?

• Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water

• Grass

• Total voters

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Impossible to decide. Really more based on the region.
Kanto- Charmander
Johto- Cyndaquil(60%) or Totodile(40%)
Hoenn- Treecko(40%), Torchic(40%) or Mudkip(20%)
Sinnoh- Piplup, probably.
Unova- Oshawott. Maybe Snivy. Never Tepig.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Water because Water Pokemon can normally learn Ice Type moves or X-Scissor, for the last 2. I also like to choose what people dislike...

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I have a different type for each gen.

In Kanto I pick Bulbasaur
In Johto I pick Cyndaquil
In Hoen I pick Torchic
In Sinnoh I pick Piplup
and In Unova I pick Snivy

Course when I was a kid I would pick Charmander so I guess I am a fire type trainer.

I usually pick either fire or water. Usually I do pick fire though. Although recently, its been water.

Water, my favorite type, not only is there Squirtle, but all the other cool pokemon like Staryu, and Vaporeon!

Pikachu kinda, nay REALLY sucks. Why would a type change be good?

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I almost always choose the fire Pokemon. I'll list the starters according to region favorite to least favorite (Not favorite to least favorite region, favorite to least favorite Pokemon in each region).
Kanto - Charizard (5/5), Venusaur (4.9/5), Blastoise (4.8/5)
Johto - Typhlosion (4.8/5), Feraligator (4.6/5), Meganium (4.1/5)
Hoenn - Sceptile (4.8), Blaziken (4.6/5), Swampert (4.5/5)
Sinnoh - Infernape (5/5), Torterra (4.4/5), Empoleon (4/5)
Unova - Samurott (4.7/5), Emboar (4.3/5), Servine (4/5)

Fig

The Altruist
Water types are amazing starters! They have a type advantage over the Fire starters and can easily learn Ice type moves for the Grass starters. Water types also happen to be the balance between the starters in stats. Well-rounded is the best to go. Plus, ever since the original Pokemon games, there has been a Dragon specialty, which are to Ice types, so it works out for the Water starters perfectly. Also, the Water starters happen to be adorable (I'm talking about you Oshawott and Piplup! ;)), so I can't resist their cuteness! Water starters for the win!

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
It depends on how cool the pokemon are that are the starters and their evolutions. But, if I chose by rule of thumb, I would chose water because it destroys the fire type, and in actuallity, isn't all that weak when comparing everything of grass starters to water starters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom