• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Star Wars: Fallen Order

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So first things first if you've not played and don't want it spoiled don't read is the advisory.

I'm kinda interested in what peeps think of Fallen Order, it's been out for awhile and alot of folk have finished it, was it any good, bad or what?

Personally i loved it, being the pain loving idiot i am i went with the hardest mode and enjoyed it, the story wasn't the best but then it wasn't lacking either, you had a clear goal and knew what you had to do with it, the worlds were fun though i'm sad there was no underwater combat, think that would've been fun as hell ^^. The puzzles were quite clever from my view (what puzzles were there) and even though it was fairly easy to guess who 2nd Sister was it still came as a bit of a shocker as to who it was.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I liked it. Probably a 7/10.

It wants to be Dark Souls. It has challenging combat, bonfires, souls, and some fairly nonlinear level design. When you're fighting against Stormtroopers, it holds up alright. Unfortunately, the combat itself is a bit uninteresting until you get access to a couple Force powers.

It also doesn't hold up too well when facing bosses. Bosses are no doubt the weakest part of the game, since they don't seem to consistently following the rules set forth for other enemies. They can be staggered, but only sometimes. Their attacks can be blocked, but only sometimes, and the game doesn't really broadcast the difference between what can be blocked and what can't.

So, I liked it, but it has issues.

I also didn't like that
the end goal was restoring the Jedi Order and kidnapping children to join it.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I liked it. Probably a 7/10.

It wants to be Dark Souls. It has challenging combat, bonfires, souls, and some fairly nonlinear level design. When you're fighting against Stormtroopers, it holds up alright. Unfortunately, the combat itself is a bit uninteresting until you get access to a couple Force powers.

It also doesn't hold up too well when facing bosses. Bosses are no doubt the weakest part of the game, since they don't seem to consistently following the rules set forth for other enemies. They can be staggered, but only sometimes. Their attacks can be blocked, but only sometimes, ans the game doesn't really broadcast the difference between what can be blocked and what can't.

So, I liked it, but it has issues.

I also didn't like that
the end goal was restoring the Jedi Order and kidnapping children to join it.

I did like the fact that
Merrin brings up that exact point and asks if they would be safer with them or as they are, we are also shown a snippet of the future in the Bogano Vault showing what'd happen if the Holocron is used.

Honestly the Bosses confused the hell out of me when they appeared yeah the rules changed a lot but for some damn reason force slow worked on most of them allowing for some cheap shots, the blocking thing i found was due to them comboing from normal swings to uninterruptable ones constantly, some bosses were downright stupid with how sensitive to staggering they were, Ninth Sister was a pisstake cuz of it.

The combat at times frustrated me namely due to purge troopers initially they are few and far between so you don't get a lot of chances to practice against them and as there are a few types you don't learn all their moves and what you can deflect or block either then they became common and holy hell did it amp the difficulty, especially on Grandmaster i just found it easier to force shunt them over ledges or slow them to kill them in the end.
Normal troopers were so easy until they started showing up in mass numbers then they started becoming a problem as the chip damage easily beat my healing for awhile.

Yeah I'd say Fallen Order is a re-skinned Dark Souls in a way, you got yer estus, bonfires, EXP/Currency loss and some confusing as hell fights and path directions.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I did like the fact that
Merrin brings up that exact point and asks if they would be safer with them or as they are, we are also shown a snippet of the future in the Bogano Vault showing what'd happen if the Holocron is used.

Honestly the Bosses confused the hell out of me when they appeared yeah the rules changed a lot but for some damn reason force slow worked on most of them allowing for some cheap shots, the blocking thing i found was due to them comboing from normal swings to uninterruptable ones constantly, some bosses were downright stupid with how sensitive to staggering they were, Ninth Sister was a pisstake cuz of it.

The combat at times frustrated me namely due to purge troopers initially they are few and far between so you don't get a lot of chances to practice against them and as there are a few types you don't learn all their moves and what you can deflect or block either then they became common and holy hell did it amp the difficulty, especially on Grandmaster i just found it easier to force shunt them over ledges or slow them to kill them in the end.
Normal troopers were so easy until they started showing up in mass numbers then they started becoming a problem as the chip damage easily beat my healing for awhile.

Yeah I'd say Fallen Order is a re-skinned Dark Souls in a way, you got yer estus, bonfires, EXP/Currency loss and some confusing as hell fights and path directions.

I liked the Purge Trooper fights. They felt more in line with the kind lightsaber combat that the game seems like it wants to have. They're more methodical fights you win with careful side-stepping, parrying, and precision strikes. Honestly, I looked forward to fighting them far more than the bosses.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I liked the Purge Trooper fights. They felt more in line with the kind lightsaber combat that the game seems like it wants to have. They're more methodical fights you win with careful side-stepping, parrying, and precision strikes. Honestly, I looked forward to fighting them far more than the bosses.

I certainly enjoyed them more than the silly ass rats or the big ice trolls, they attacked smoothly and not erratically, granted i hated fighting them cuz of how rare they initially were but i did grow to like the fights just not the troopers. I still dislike the dual blade wielding one most of all, so damn quick.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I certainly enjoyed them more than the silly ass rats or the big ice trolls, they attacked smoothly and not erratically, granted i hated fighting them cuz of how rare they initially were but i did grow to like the fights just not the troopers. I still dislike the dual blade wielding one most of all, so damn quick.

Yeah, the super fast ones aren't super fun to fight. I preferred fighting the ones wielding the big two-handed blades. It gave made each blow feel more impactful and less like you had to dodge constantly or rely on the slow ability.

It doesn't feel like any Star Wars game has managed to nail the ideal lightsaber combat. While Fallen Order is definitely the best it's been, it could be better. At least it doesn't treat the lightsaber like a baseball bat like how it was used in Force Unleashed.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah, the super fast ones aren't super fun to fight. I preferred fighting the ones wielding the big two-handed blades. It gave made each blow feel more impactful and less like you had to dodge constantly or rely on the slow ability.

It doesn't feel like any Star Wars game has managed to nail the ideal lightsaber combat. While Fallen Order is definitely the best it's been, it could be better. At least it doesn't treat the lightsaber like a baseball bat like how it was used in Force Unleashed.

True that, the Lightsaber combat in fallen order is more fluid and somwhat more dynamic, especially when you've got all the move unlocked so you can swap attacks rapidly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom