• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker discussion (Spoilers)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I can't get myself excited for this movie. I disliked The Last Jedi too much, this Trilogy wasn't created to have an overall cohesive plot and that's this Trilogy's biggest flaw. I think this film will be better than The Last Jedi, but I don't see this movie redeeming the overall Trilogy.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
To be honest, the only thing I'm the most excited about is Palpy. I always thought he was a very good villain. Creepy as **** and capable of fooling everybody. We'll see what it's going to be.

Hopefully, if they are willing to ruin my childhood by even suggesting that he is alive, they would at least give him more than a half a minute of screen time, I'm very worried that he is going to be overshadowed.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
*bump*

Just got home from seeing the movie, so I'm gonna talk about what I liked and didn't like. Overall, I enjoyed it. It was a good ride, and that's all I ask. I still had some issues with it, though.

I didn't like Palpatine coming back. He had his time. We didn't need him back. Having said that, I thought what they did with him was interesting. I always thought it was weird that he told Luke to strike him down and rule in his place. Like, why would Luke do that after striking him down, right? The idea that the Sith then pass into the killer and corrupt from within makes that make more sense to me. I thought that was interesting.

I still think Rey should have been a Skywalker by blood, but I liked that she overcame her real blood and made a home for herself in the Skywalker family; that was good. But also **** reylo. **** it. Disgusting. I gagged. Yuck. Die. Glad Kylo died. He had his shots at redemption in the past films multiple times and he turned them all down. Good on him for finally doing right by himself, but god I still do not like him.

Overall I thought the events of the film were good. I love Rey, Finn, and Poe as a trio so much. Their interactions and dynamics are so good and fun to watch. I love that they finally continued to acknowledge Finn being force sensitive. I appreciated the callbacks and connections to past films through dialogue, props, and sets. I felt like it had more consistency with the series than 8 did. The final battle was fantastic and exciting to watch.

I still think 7 is my favorite in the series, but 9 is maybe top 5 material. Maybe...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
*bump*

Just got home from seeing the movie, so I'm gonna talk about what I liked and didn't like. Overall, I enjoyed it. It was a good ride, and that's all I ask. I still had some issues with it, though.

I didn't like Palpatine coming back. He had his time. We didn't need him back. Having said that, I thought what they did with him was interesting. I always thought it was weird that he told Luke to strike him down and rule in his place. Like, why would Luke do that after striking him down, right? The idea that the Sith then pass into the killer and corrupt from within makes that make more sense to me. I thought that was interesting.

I still think Rey should have been a Skywalker by blood, but I liked that she overcame her real blood and made a home for herself in the Skywalker family; that was good. But also **** reylo. **** it. Disgusting. I gagged. Yuck. Die. Glad Kylo died. He had his shots at redemption in the past films multiple times and he turned them all down. Good on him for finally doing right by himself, but god I still do not like him.

Overall I thought the events of the film were good. I love Rey, Finn, and Poe as a trio so much. Their interactions and dynamics are so good and fun to watch. I love that they finally continued to acknowledge Finn being force sensitive. I appreciated the callbacks and connections to past films through dialogue, props, and sets. I felt like it had more consistency with the series than 8 did. The final battle was fantastic and exciting to watch.

I still think 7 is my favorite in the series, but 9 is maybe top 5 material. Maybe...

I liked the Reylo ship. I knew they liked each other.

However I do think it would have been better had he killed pappa palps, being the last of the Skywalker bloodline and all. I am ok with him giving the last of his life for Rey though.

I loved the way Palpy looked in this one. Zombie like and then like a mix between his Revenge of The Sith look and Valak the Nun from Conjuring 2. The moment his sith eyes came in was one of my favourites.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I liked the Reylo ship. I knew they liked each other.

I hate it. The only basis is Rey wanting to bring him back into the light. It has no substance. Finnrey has ten times the chemistry and buildup. They work well together. They enjoy being around each other. They help each other. They're friends. That's what makes a good ship. Reylo has none of that. I can't stand it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hate it. The only basis is Rey wanting to bring him back into the light. It has no substance. Finnrey has ten times the chemistry and buildup. They work well together. They enjoy being around each other. They help each other. They're friends. That's what makes a good ship. Reylo has none of that. I can't stand it.

It should be Poe and Finn not Rey and Finn.

Girls often love a guy they can work on or think they can fix and Kylo certainly needed some work. That's why Rey fell for him.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It should be Poe and Finn not Rey and Finn.

Girls often love a guy they can work on or think they can fix and Kylo certainly needed some work. That's why Rey fell for him.
First... Ok yeah finnpoe is great. But we all know Disney wasn't gonna let that happen. They fear what's good.

Second, that trope is disgusting and needs to die. I hate it so much. It's not a woman's job to fix a man.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
First... Ok yeah finnpoe is great. But we all know Disney wasn't gonna let that happen. They fear what's good.

Second, that trope is disgusting and needs to die. I hate it so much. It's not a woman's job to fix a man.

They should have made it happen

And it's the way things are. It's very realistic and I'm sure many relate to it.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker

Around the end of the film, when the resistance gets back from Exegol, you can actually spot two women making out.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Around the end of the film, when the resistance gets back from Exegol, you can actually spot two women making out.
Yeah, for less than a second. That’s whats called “hey look I added representation y’all can shut up now right?” bare minimum effort. If you’re looking at it from the perspective of someone who wants to feel represented, it’s like dropping cookie crumbs in front of a starving man and then acting like you’re a benevolent hero. They’re cowards who don’t wanna go all in.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Yeah, for less than a second. That’s whats called “hey look I added representation y’all can shut up now right?” bare minimum effort. If you’re looking at it from the perspective of someone who wants to feel represented, it’s like dropping cookie crumbs in front of a starving man and then acting like you’re a benevolent hero. They’re cowards who don’t wanna go all in.
Or they could stop their pandering all together and focus their efforts on making a cohesive story and moviegoing experience.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
TLJ: "The force is all around us, and anyone can use it, even if you're not from a special bloodline"

TROS: "Lol never mind, the Force is Harry Potter magic, it only matters if your grandpappy was a wizard and you will be too"

That is the single worst part of the movie in my opinion, and that included the gratuitous and boring battle at the end.

Palpatine: Him still being physically present was stupid, and having him come back to like OFF-SCREEN in the TITLE CRAWL is offensively bad. He should have just been someone who set up the Final Order ships but not an actual physical tangible presence in the movie, it would give a lot more weight to him as a master planner.

Kylo: The more I watch Star Wars, the more I dislike the idea that "anyone can be redeemed uwu". When you butcher a village of innocents for funsies and kill a temple full of Jedi trainees, it really bothers me that people clamor for a redemption arc. At least Zuko had to work for his.

The Lightsaber: Hoo ****ing boy! So, first point: Anakins Saber should have literally never featured in TFA. It got dropped to the core of a Gas Giant planet, it's gone, the end (and honestly even if Rey can sense Force Echoes she should have sensed that it was used to butcher children). Ignoring that though, it was torn in half and blown up in TLJ. This should have been the RotJ moment where we get to see Rey go through the movie with the new saber, but instead TROS backtracks on Anakins saber getting destroyed because it's recognizable and will sell tickets from people who are only motivated by nostalgia. It's indicative of Disney's unwillingness to take actual risks and running back to the comfort of something familiar and "safe."

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
TLJ: "The force is all around us, and anyone can use it, even if you're not from a special bloodline"

TROS: "Lol never mind, the Force is Harry Potter magic, it only matters if your grandpappy was a wizard and you will be too"

That is the single worst part of the movie in my opinion, and that included the gratuitous and boring battle at the end.

Palpatine: Him still being physically present was stupid, and having him come back to like OFF-SCREEN in the TITLE CRAWL is offensively bad. He should have just been someone who set up the Final Order ships but not an actual physical tangible presence in the movie, it would give a lot more weight to him as a master planner.

Kylo: The more I watch Star Wars, the more I dislike the idea that "anyone can be redeemed uwu". When you butcher a village of innocents for funsies and kill a temple full of Jedi trainees, it really bothers me that people clamor for a redemption arc. At least Zuko had to work for his.

The Lightsaber: Hoo ****ing boy! So, first point: Anakins Saber should have literally never featured in TFA. It got dropped to the core of a Gas Giant planet, it's gone, the end (and honestly even if Rey can sense Force Echoes she should have sensed that it was used to butcher children). Ignoring that though, it was torn in half and blown up in TLJ. This should have been the RotJ moment where we get to see Rey go through the movie with the new saber, but instead TROS backtracks on Anakins saber getting destroyed because it's recognizable and will sell tickets from people who are only motivated by nostalgia. It's indicative of Disney's unwillingness to take actual risks and running back to the comfort of something familiar and "safe."

Would you believe me if I told you that Palpatine's return was first revealed in Fortnite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom