• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker discussion (Spoilers)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

This is the first teaser for Star Wars Episode 9 and here is the thread to discuss everything to do with it.

What did you think of the new teaser and are you excited for this movie?

I am personally very excited. I actually enjoyed episode 8 though there was a vocal minority who hated it. Though I had a few issues with that film it was largely enjoyable. The teaser doesn't give much away, Lando returns and Kylo seems to be back to his helmet wearing ways though what excites me most is hearing The Senate laugh at the end of the trailer.

I am honestly more interested in the fanbase reaction when it comes to Star Wars.

I didn't think much of the trailer. There was a lot of dead air and no one does much of anything.

I'm excited to see how many retcons they can fill in.

The title clearly is retconning Kylo's "your parents are no one" line or making out that he is lying because the title is clearly referring to Daisy.

Kylo has remade his helmet and meh.

I just wanna see how the fanbase reacts because even though i've seen all of the films I'm not a fan enough to care that the Force is woke and the last two films sucked anyway.

I can't see this one sucking much less

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
:dry:........:fpalm:

Disneyfication at it's most destructive. I grew up with this saga since I was able to crawl, and the fact that I can barely bring myself to look at it now really says something. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, and everyone is free to enjoy the movie (in fact, I hope you all do). But in my personal opinion, Star Wars is gone. It's been gone ever since they got rid of the Expanded Universe. Where is the creativity in the droid and starfighter designs? Where are those high-stakes scenes (which make great video game levels btw) where the heroes come up with some daring yet practical idea? Where are the lovable characters that work so well together? Not even any noteworthy messages like what the old movies and games had?

To me, Star Wars has just become a run-of-the-mill, edgy, Hollywood feminist project.

If you didn't catch what I meant by Disneyfication, this is what it means:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
After the last two, this movie is going to really need to be amazing in order to impress me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate either episode VII or VIII, but I don't love them either. For the most part, there wasn't much in this trailer that caught my eye. Lando is back, which is cool, though I was expecting his return sooner so instead of "yay" I feel "better late than never I suppose".

As for the title, aside from sounding really cliche, I don't think it's effective as the conclusion of the trilogy. Whether it refers to Luke Skywalker returning or Rey being a descendant of Luke Skywalker, either way it's disappointing. If the first option, it means what happens to Luke in Episode VIII was meaningless, and if the second option, it means the entirety of Episode VIII was meaningless. Either way, the title only makes the second entry seem like it never even needed to be made, which is a bad thing for a trilogy.

I'll definitely see this movie, and it's Star Wars so I'll like it. The trailer and title reveal just don't make me as excited as they should.

Although if Ian McDiarmid is returning, even for a cameo, it'll all be worth it. That laugh at the end could've been anything, but it really sounded like the Emperor, which is hype.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

So we got a new teaser for Episode 9 today. Most of it seemed to be a montage of important events from the older movies but there is some new footage as well.

Some notable things I saw were some kind of possessed looking red eyed C3PO, the firing of some kind of what looked like a miniaturised death star laser and then of course at the end we have the Rey with her double ended red lighsaber after a voiceover from papa palps. I can only assume she is being possessed by him as nothing has hinted at her turning to the dark side in any of the movies so far.

ecwe_nmu0aaqbms.jpg

We also got this poster recently which is a really shoddy job. It was found out that the papa palps in the background is not from the new movie at all but a photoshopped picture of a figurine toy. This is very lazy of them to do something like that

I've been thoroughly invested in the leaks/rumors going around about TROS, and that teaser is definitely misleading. Reminds me of the BOTW 2 teaser from E3. Nothing is as it seems.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
the teaser is 90% from prequel and I couldn't get an idea what the next movie is about.
One thing I noticed in the teaser was a female Sith which was pretty interesting.
(those who think Gal Gadot would have done a great job as rey react)

the teaser is 90% from prequel and I couldn't get an idea what the next movie is about.
One thing I noticed in the teaser was a female Sith which was pretty interesting.
(those who think Gal Gadot would have done a great job as rey react)
That's because most of the story leading up to it is in books.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

So the final trailer dropped. It looked pretty interesting. I liked the iceberg planet. It looked like the sort of place I'd like to live.

After three trailers I am wondering what this film is gonna be about exactly still. There is no clear objective for the main character. Last film Rey was told she came from nothing and her parents were dirty junk dealers. Rey still appears to be searching for who she is so this was probably a lie.

I don't know if she is trying to stop the return of Pappa Palps or if he has actually come back already somehow and that's going to be the main threat. Hard to tell what's going on with Kylo Ren and The first order either. If they are going to be for or against Pappa Palps.

I was thinking this trailer might show a clear direction for the film but this doesn't appear to be the case.

I hope more clarity is given before the movie drops in December.

The new trailer was just flash and pretty scenery.

We still don't know what it going on and with rumours that 75% of the movie had to be reshot I'm not surprised.

The trailer really makes it look like this is an epic event but that's hard to swallow after the recent avalanche of crap SW movies.

I'll see it for free.

Reactions: Dio
Don't really have an opinion on the trailer. The music and editing is good, but it's kind of just like a collage with no true coheson. Seems to be going the route of Episode VII and is just running purely on nostalgia and references. I don't like what they did with complicating the force powers in the last film, and they're probably gonna make it even more confusing in this one. I'll watch it if my sister offers to take me, otherwise, I'll just wait.

But anyway... I had to watch the trailer with captions because I couldn't understand Kylo or Rey. Great to see that after three films, Daisy Ridley still doesn't know how to portray emotion correctly.

unknown.png

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom