• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Wars Episode IX - First Draft

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
This post may contain heavy Spoilers for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

A day or so ago, the script for Colin Trevorrow's version of Episode 9 was leaked on the subreddit r/StarWarsLeaks (imagine that, leaks on a leaks forum). There are a lot of differences between the Trevorrow script and the Abrams film we ended up receiving in theaters.

Notable differences include:

- Kylo Ren is not redeemed

- Rey is not a Palpatine and doesn't take the Skywalker name

- Coruscant features

- The First Order actually has something to do beyond look spooky

- The plot is actually coherent

- Rey makes her own lightsaber to start and doesn't magically repair the broken one

- Darth Plageus[?] teaches Kylo Ren and resembles some sort of cthulhu monster

- The Sith Wayfinder MacGuffin is replaced by an established bit of SW lore and works narratively better than the map

It is important to note that scripts can change quite drastically during production and rewrites, so some possible kinks here could easily have been ironed out.

So while we should take this with a grain of salt, this does look to be a much more cohesive narrative than the backpedaling we ended up getting in TROS.

Discuss.

Saw this a couple of weeks ago, and I think it's a much more satisfying script than what we got. Kylo Ren could and should have carried the final movie as the villain with his rise to Supreme Leader instead of introducing Palpatine as a last second threat. Him not being redeemed is also a good way to subvert expectations without totally breaking what has come before. Much better than the cliche turn to the light and Disney kiss we got in The Rise of Skywalker.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I would have to guess the script got changed due to backlash in last jedi?
which in that case would have just been a massive misunderstanding because they apparently went back on the actual good stuff in the last jedi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom