• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Wars 1-6

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Someone had to do it.

Which was your favorite? I liked 3 the most for the fights, but all the plot and the classic stuff came together in 6 I'd say.

The plot for 2 and 3 was severely lacking, and the acting needed to be way, way better. Granted it is difficult to act like an emotionless jedi and then expect more emotion.

linkman8

True and Noble
Frankly I typically like the newer ones while also giving kudos to the older ones as well. The newer ones were more visually appealing as well as having some well known actors in them, like Christopher Lee as Dooku.
The older ones were good, and I can see why they'd be classic movies, but not having gotten the new version of the original trilogy, I've always watched the 1970's version VHS tapes of them. The one thing I didn't like was a few of the lightsaber fights in 4 and 5 left too much to be desired, which they thankfully fixed in episodes 1, 2, and 3. Mostly three.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Frankly I typically like the newer ones while also giving kudos to the older ones as well. The newer ones were more visually appealing as well as having some well known actors in them, like Christopher Lee as Dooku.
The older ones were good, and I can see why they'd be classic movies, but not having gotten the new version of the original trilogy, I've always watched the 1970's version VHS tapes of them. The one thing I didn't like was a few of the lightsaber fights in 4 and 5 left too much to be desired, which they thankfully fixed in episodes 1, 2, and 3. Mostly three.

3 had the best fights, I loved the force powers and fighting with Yoda and Duku in 2 the best though.

I have the original 3 on vhs. Its so funny seeing the ships held by strings :lol:

To see the older ships on strings, youd have to be on drugs. or be extremely phscotic.

for starters, Strings werent used; motion controlled cameras were, and the only time you can see the rods holding the ships up is when the Falcon first gets pulled into the DS in epp. IV.

Love the films. I somehow ended up with them thrice on VHS and twice on DVD.

First time I had 'em was on VHS.
then I got them on DVD.
Then I found what I thought was the oldest box set
then I found what I now know to be the oldest VHS box set
Then georgy thought of a new way to make money by releasing all the films in both their original release format and their newest CGI. the original format had the better effects and graphics. And this is coming from someone who plans on making a living doing CGI.

My favorite was part 3. I've found that many of the people who are really, really big on the series don't hardly like the new ones, just because the originals were, original. But to me, its a lot more exciting to see light saber fighting in the martial arts style rather than the fencing style. The original trilogy had better acting, but the new trilogy was just better. It had everything everyone wanted to see or find out that was backstory from the originals, and was presented pretty well, so anytime you get to see what happend before its good. The biggest thing, how Darth Vader came to be, is revealed mainly in part 3, therefore, it is my favorite because he is my favorite character.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Not to be snobbish, but its obvious that OT was the superior trilogy. The new trilogy was too cartoonish. Its sad that looking at the new CG movie, I can't tell the difference aside from the characters.

George Lucas has a great imagination, but he is a very poor director. He was better off in the role of producer, feeding ideas to a much more talented movie maker.

linkman8

True and Noble
Not to be snobbish, but its obvious that OT was the superior trilogy. The new trilogy was too cartoonish. Its sad that looking at the new CG movie, I can't tell the difference aside from the characters.
The new CG movie is not part of the "new trilogy", and it's not even close to how the characters look in the movies. I mean, look at Dooku and Mace Windu especially. They don't even look similar to their real life counterparts.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
The new CG movie is not part of the "new trilogy", and it's not even close to how the characters look in the movies. I mean, look at Dooku and Mace Windu especially. They don't even look similar to their real life counterparts.

I know that. I'm just commenting that, aside from the character designs, the CG movie looks identical to the new trilogy. Watching the new movies, I was struck how much it looked like a cartoon with live actors. I guess the CG movie was just the next logical step.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I forget which one it was but there was one that I thought was better than all the others. It was ethier five or six. But they were both pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom