• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Trek?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I can't really choose which of the movies I like best, I liked a lot of them. I do know which ones I didn't like as much. I wasn't a fan of The Final Frontier. It wasn't as good as The Journey Home. For the TNG movies, First Contact takes the prize. Of the TV series, I think Voyager is the best, perhaps Enterprise, but it got canceled before it could really get going. The Next Generation and The Original Series were good, but they were way too episodic.
I haven't gotten into the books too much, because I heard they're not taken seriously by the writers and aren't considered canon. But I have read some of the Titan novels.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I am a huge Trekkie. I have watched all the series and movies.

1.) My favorite series is The Next Generation.
2.) My favorite "Original Series" movie is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
3.) My favorite "TNG" movie is Star Trek: Nemesis.

I've never read a Star Trek novel.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I never did like Star Trek. But I do like the newest movie that came out, and I'm excited for the second one to come out.

Yea nobody in my family ever watched it so i never got into it either, but after watching the new movie i can see how i coulda got hooked on the show

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
That is really weird that a few people/young kids seen the new star trek movie and starts to like it. I actually liked star trek when i saw the newest movie too.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I came to Star Trek late in the game, but I love it. I watched all of the Voyagers, and really enjoyed them. Now, I am watching all of the Next Generation episodes, but am only on the first season so far, but am liking it. Of the movies I have seen, I enjoyed First Contact the most, and I also enjoyed the new movie. I'd love to read some of the books someday!

The Star Trek Films

Ignoring the 2009 reboot, what are your thoughts on the Star Trek movies?

I saw the Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan today. My opinion on the first is the same everyone has, decent ideas ruined by slow pacing. Wrath of Khan is a treat with a memorable villain and each scene feels important.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
A lot of them I actually didn't like that much, I found the post-TNG TV series a lot more enjoyable, mostly. But the all the movies were better than the original series was. (Shoot me if you must.) The TNG movies were all good. I actually have never seen the first one, I want to see it. Wrath of Khan actually bored me a lot, couldn't sit through it. Search for Spock wasn't too bad, but wasn't the best. The Journey Home was brilliant, loved it. Undiscovered Country was decent enough. I didn't like The Final Frontier. Generations had its charm. I liked First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I like most of the Star Trek moves, but some are pretty bad. Star Trek: The Motion Picuture, Star Trek: The Search for Spock, and Star Trek: Insurrection are the worst movies in the series for me. They're not terrilbe, but lack the awesomeness of the other movies. My favorite has to be Star Trek: Nemesis or Star Trek: First Contact. The TNG movies are qualitatively better than the TOS movies. I also liked the new movie in Star Trek's reboot of sorts. I'm anxious to see the next movie in this new series.

I like most of the Star Trek moves, but some are pretty bad. Star Trek: The Motion Picuture, Star Trek: The Search for Spock, and Star Trek: Insurrection are the worst movies in the series for me. They're not terrilbe, but lack the awesomeness of the other movies. My favorite has to be Star Trek: Nemesis or Star Trek: First Contact. The TNG movies are qualitatively better than the TOS movies. I also liked the new movie in Star Trek's reboot of sorts. I'm anxious to see the next movie in this new series.

I have to agree with you. The new movie was fun, it was enjoyable. Though I admit I prefer the old movies: Wrath of khan, return of Spock, were good but more funny, but I very much prefer the Next generation, first contact being my favorite. But (i forget the name of it, maybe it was "Generations") there was a crossover event movie with Original (captain Kirk) and Next Generation (Piccard) where they got stuck in some kind of warp - Kirk finally died. That was... interesting.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I follow the well-established odd-even principle for the early movies: odd-numbered ones were bad, even-numbered ones were good. My favorite is The Voyage Home (even-numbered), followed by most of the TNG ones (Generations, Insurrection, First Contact...).

To be honest though, there isn't really all that much separating them from, say, a two-part story in the corresponding series. I think there are many individual episodes that are superior to the movies. I watch the movies more often simply because they're more accessible. I don't know the series well enough to pick out my favorite episodes to re-watch (apart from the obvious "Trouble With Tribbles" and such), so I won't be watching episodes unless I'm going through the whole series.

p.s. can anyone tell me what episode the graphic in my sig comes from? (the "THERE ARE FOUR TRIFORCES" frame)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom