• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Trek Vs Star Wars

Star Wars was fun but not really intelligent in any fashion, at least in my opinion. I mean Boba fet was cool (one of my favs), and the Jawas and Ewoks and stuff but re watching these movies now as i am older I'm realizing just how childish they were. Star Trek, on the other hand, i didn't like as a kid (I don't think i understood it so well), but now that is completely not the case. It is often complex and has a lot of ethical dilemmas and issues occurring (take the Borg for instance). I think Star Trek is for people who like the politics and the complexities of space travel (and some awesome fight scenes LOL), while Star Wars fans liek the cool light sabers and a simple good vs evil type plot, and cool special effects, etc. Both have their pluses, while both have their minuses.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Quite the debate here. I'm not a giant fan of either, to be honest. I love the first three Star Wars movies, but the last three were garbage. Star Trek is always fun to watch on television, and the latest movie is one of my all time favorites, but neither of these series are that appealing to me. I'm not a sci-fi kind of person, more of a fantasy kind.

When you say first three, do you mean Phantom menace, Attack of the clones, and Revenge of the sith.....or New hope, Empire strikes back, and Return of the jedi?

anyway, I think starwars is better, butafter looking at what some other people have said here, I have to agree that you can't really compare the two.

~"The Star Trek Wars"
"The vast migration of Star Wars fans?"
"No, you're thinking of the Star Wars Trek."

I love that part...
Anyway, I'm not going into details. Just know that Star Trek bores me, Star Wars does not (and Futurama is awesome).

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would definitely have to go with Star Wars. I can't really explain why, but I like the characters and the story better. Star Trek is just too plain and boring for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom