• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Fox Zero delayed to Q1 2016

https://www.facebook.com/NintendoAU...27.1073741828.285708024919671/534291086728029

A Message from Mr. Miyamoto Regarding Star Fox Zero

I made a big decision last week.

We have been developing Star Fox Zero for Wii U with the aim of releasing it this year. Although we felt that the development had been progressing well, we now believe that we will need a little more time to work on areas such as the unprecedented discovery that we want players to experience in the game by using two screens, and further polishing the level designs and perfecting the tone of the cut scenes. While we have already reached the stage where it would be technically possible to release the title in time for the year-end holiday season, we want to polish the game a bit more so that players will be able to more smoothly grasp the new style of play that we are proposing.

To the people looking forward to the launch of the game this holiday season, I am very sorry.

Star Fox Zero is going to bring new game play and experiences that take it far beyond the framework established by Star Fox 64. All the members of the development team are doing our best so that the final product will not betray your expectations. And the game will not be delayed for a very long time – we’re aiming to launch the game in Q1 2016. Please stay tuned for further announcements.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The game needed a delay to perfectly honest.
They really did. Star Fox Zero was an extremely rushed title. I'm glad they are giving it more quality.

Now what Nintendo needs to do is release Xenoblade X a mere week earlier for Black Friday, and advertise the hell out of it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It looked like crap anyway. Not much better looking than Star fox 64. It needed a delay and a lot of polish.
Despite that, Nintendo needs to stop saying they are going to release something on a certain date and then disappointing everyone. It is beyond irritating that they do it so often.

Mido

Version 1
Well, I suppose it's all for a good cause! I guess I'm just a tad down about it since I just preordered it! XD

This should be good news for the game itself though, because the more polished and roaring to go it is, the better the experience!

D

Deleted member 14134

I know many video game companies do this but nintendo seems to be guilty of this alot recently. Even splatoon would of been delayed had they not decided to release it unfinished.

More companies need to go bethesdas way, announce a game and have it come out within a year.

As Miyamoto himself said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever."

That said, Nintendo really dropped the ball with the Wii U this holiday season. They better continue marketing Super Mario Maker and invest into pushing Xenoblade Chronicles X as well.

At the very least, Nintendo's 2016 line-up is looking great for both Wii U and 3DS.

Salem

SICK
There goes the last remaining Wii U game I was looking forward to this year.

EDIT: Lol, I forgot about Yoshi's Woolly World, I am looking forward to it, just not as much as Starfox Zero.

Last edited:
It looked like crap anyway. Not much better looking than Star fox 64. It needed a delay and a lot of polish.
Despite that, Nintendo needs to stop saying they are going to release something on a certain date and then disappointing everyone. It is beyond irritating that they do it so often.
Don't be a Blizzard fan if you hate delayed games. Blizzard games are delayed so often that the fans there just expect it and never take the initial reletes seriously. It's not a bad thing SFZ is delayed. People like you are the main reason the game is delayed. it's not a bd thing though. The SF fans are entitled to have high expectations for the game. SF games are usually damn good and Miyamoto does have a reuptation to live up to. I think you are proving why the delay is a good thing.

As much as I wanted the game in November, I am now more inclined to agree with you. Nintendo only gets one shot to first impress with the dual screen mechanic here. Best to polish it up and get it done right and looking good. So I see nothing wrong here. Nintendo are delaying the game for the right reasons. To up the quality of what will already be available. Ie it could be released on time but not look as good as it could.

On a personal note I am not too worried about the SFZ delay. I am looking forward to SFZ a lot but from now till the end of the year I will have a few other games to spend my time with.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Maybe now it will be worth getting, because what they showed earlier looked like absolute horse crap. It was insulting that they were even considering releasing that game. It looked awful. I mean, there are some gorgeous games on the Wii U, so we know the thing can pump out some good looking games, but SFZ looked like a GameCube game, and while some GCN games still hold up (Resident Evil and TP come to mind), that's not a compliment these days.

Suffice it to say, the game needed to be delayed. I feel Nintendo announced it because they knew that if they went to E3 with only the other garbage they showed, it would be doomsday. So they had to show Star Fox, even though it looked rough and barely started.

I think this is going to be good for the game. As per usual, delays suck and people are disappointed, but they would be more disappointed if the game came out and looked like the stuff Ubisoft releases.

Bit gutted since this was the only title I was interested in buying for the rest of this year but as everyone else has said Starfox Zero needed the delay. Though i cant see them boosting it up in the ways i want, i know what to expect and they've kept it arcade, i doubt the graphics will get the upgrade i want them to get, but oh well. Lets just hope the game performs better than what others have said on its current state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom