• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Star Fox for the Wii U Made by Retro Studios.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
A very reliable source over at Techtroid has hinted that Retro Studio, the creators of The Metroid Prime Trilogy, Donkey Kong Country Returns andMario Kart, are working on a new Star Fox title for the Wii U. We should expect to see this game revealed at E3 2012, but it is all but corfirmed that this will NOT be a launch title.

If you find any more details, feel free to post.

What do you think about Retro making a Star Fox game and what would you like to see in it?

Big Octo

=^)
This excites me very much so. Me, being that avid Starfox fan that I am, is positive that there's finally a new game after all these years.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wouldn't be surprised after Star Fox 64 got a 3D remake and all. Unlike Seth, though, I'd like a mixture between the Arwing and ground combat as well. It could very well be the height of the Star Fox series! Can't wait for any reveal!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I can sympathize with your feelings, Seth, but primarily Arwing combat will never cease to get on my nerves especially when it's proven that ground combat CAN and WILL work, if it's in the right balance that is. I don't know how the balance would come about, I'm thinking something along the lines of Star Wars Battlefront II where, in Space Battles mode, you would fly around in X-Wings and other starfighters, board the enemy ship, capture their command post or just blow the ship up from internal and external points. Yeah, I think that's how StarFoxWiiU should be done ;D

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I would be fine for mixed combat, I just miss the Arwing combat a lot.
I agree with Seth; Star Fox Assault was an amazing game but it really lacked in rail-shooter levels. The ground levels are fine by me but they shouldn't be the main focus of the game. I would also like to see a mix of All-range mode levels and on-rail levels. Multiplayer is a must since Assault did it so well, if thy add more flight levels to the multiplayer it would be perfect.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I can say is yes please I was beginning to think Nintendo had forgotten about one of my most Fav game series.
Apart from that I'd really like to see another F-Zero game as it's one the few racing game series I actually like.

Sorry people I just saw the title and felt the need to post now for the actual discussion.

I'd really like to see more Blue Marine levels as Aquas is #3 on my top 5 fav stages from Starfox64, Spend the majority of the time in Arwing as traditon and just a little bit more Landmaster/ on foot levels like in Assault. Have a seperate Co-op mode with different missions from the single player or same missions which would mean a lot of All-range-mode levels which I particularly didn't enjoy. For an added amount have a level where Rob has temporary malfunction forcing you to fight in the Great Fox itself just to bring something new never before seen in a Starfox game. Keep multiplayer mode like in Assault but add more than just kill each other mix it up by putting things like Capture the flag or defend the fort and have more unlockable skins for multiplayer like Leon or Panther if he's still with Starwolf in the Wii U game and just for fun bring back unlockable skins from older games like Andrew, Pigma, Katt, and Bill.

Last edited:
I believe there is some validity in this rumor. At the very least, Retro Studios is for sure involved in the development of some upcoming game for the Wii U. Personally, it doesn't matter whether it's a new Star, Fox, F-Zero, or Metroid. I would prefer if it was one of the former two, however.

Seeing as how Star Fox 64 is the only installment of the franchise I have ever player, I can't provide much input into this thread on whether or not I'd want a future installment to be soloely air based or also feature some ground combat. Given the modernizing touch of Retro Studios, however, something I'd like to see pushed is greater online connection in the forms of both cooperative and competitive multiplayer.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
If it's true then I'm very excited, and it'll take another game off my wishlist. All that would remain is Metroid and F-Zero.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Perhaps. Since Star Fox 64 got remade and is now back to being relevant, they are probably take the chance to make a new console Star Fox game.

Or perhaps it could be a new F-Zero, or a new 1080 Snowboarding, or even a new Earthbound, the possibilities are endless!

erceos33

8====D Shovel :D
Oh boy, if this is true it will be AMAZING, star fox is a series they should definitely bring back and make it popular again, kinda like DK and Kid Icarus, and by seeing this examples its very possible that this is true, cant wait for E3 >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom