• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Standing Up While Playing SS.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, I'm lazy, so I'll most likely sit down. I'll make it work somehow. For some parts I might stand, I think the experience will be more fun by doing that. And I do not think the score of the game will be affected by whether you stand or sit.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I stand for all Wii games lol. Makes me feel more like I'm inside the game, even with the lack of 3D(3DS is going to change that though =P).

Even if they wanted to make you stand up to play, they can't. They can't make something that you hold require you to stand up, unless they created a full body suit XD. I think most of this anxiety of whether we have to stand or not is just being conjured up in your minds. It's nothing to worry about =P Nintendo won't limit their players(and fans) like that.

One of the most important goals for all companies is to make their products easily accessible to everyone because 1) They would lose a ton of money if only a certain group of people could play(People not in wheelchairs, not paralyzed, haven't lost a leg(s), etc...) and 2) They want more money to create their future ideas(Like all companies lol).

That said however, for most of the time I will probably be sat down. As long as your arms and upper body is free to move, it shouldn't really matter what your lower half is doing...

This... it's not the same as Kinect. Link's lower body movements can be comfortably controlled with the buttons...

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'll stand and stop playing as soon as it starts to get uncomfortable. That might make my sessions shorter but I'd rather enjoy my playthrough than hate playing because I'm still standing up at 2:00 AM playing SS for the last 3-4 hours.. No way! I'll only be playing for about 50 minutes or so at a time. I want this Zelda game to last me a long time and I want my first playthrough to take me longer than any Zelda game before this.. It could be awhile untill we get the next original console title, so im gunna make this one last even if it means no sitting down aloud! I think my first game will be a no sitting challenge but then after that first file i'll chill out and replay it sitting sometimes.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I don't see why "standing" would be a requirement to play the game, or how it would be enforced. Therefore I would not give the game a lesser rating because of that. Regaurdless of the controll scheme you should be able to sit in your favorite chair and play the game, just as long as you have freedom to move your upper body :P.

I know people who play Wii bowling sitting down o_O, Its something I cannot personally handle sitting down.

I sat down during much of Twilight Princess (Wii), (except for some of the intense parts) and didn't have any trouble with it. Skyward Sword will be alot different to controll than TP was however, it will require more space to move around (Nearly 360 degrees) because of the non-waggle control scheme. So I will probably stand up for much of this game.

personally i think that it would make the game more fun and you could get more into the game
i mean that was kinda the point of the wii was to be able to get more active right?
i would love to stand up and play the game but it is also nice to sit down and play video games.

I like to stand up playing some video games (wii sports and such) but zelda? No. You see, I can't stand up for very long unless I'm moving, why? my feet start to hurt! I don't know why, but unless I'm walking, or sitting, my feet will hurt. Although I might stand up during intense parts, like boss battles and such... But I just hope it won't be a need

T

Tamloo

Standing up while playing a Zelda game? That's not for me. I'm fine with Wii Sports and games like that, but for a lengthly game like Zelda.. heck with that! I'm just going to find my nice conformable place on the couch while I play the game regardless of the funky controls it has.

N

Nayru's Aide

I think that even if you must stand up to play it, it will be fine. My friend plays the new Goldeneye always with a Gamecube/Classic Controller, but I insist that pointing creates the most immersive and realistsic FPS experience you can get. Mainly, his argument against it is that the Zapper takes effort to stand and point. But really, can't you just get a particularly high chair, or for me, and exercise ball (it's surprisingly good to use)? If you ask me, the physical aspect of Skyward Sword is moot if your own great flourishes bring down giant scorpions. You may have to stand for some parts (I am naturally drawn out of my seat when I play Twilight Princess), but I don't think physical ability will be the deciding factor, or an important one.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I might stand up sometimes I guess. Probably I'd be sitting down most of the time. Maybe I'll stand up in the beginning of the game, and when i'm fighting the final boss.

I don't think this will be to annoying for me. I really don't mind standing up to play a game that's what the wii is for right? But you may be able to avoid this I mean, you could always sit down, but I don't know if that would work. I guess I never really thought about how this could be a burden, but it looks easy enough to sit and play it at the same time. I also agree with Link's fan 2010 it would be cool to interact more with the game, but we'll just have to wait and find out.

Well with that out of the way are you sure I have been thinking of trying it sitting down. Do you think they should make add on things like they did with wii sports resort

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom