• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Stalfos

bellum

Gamer since age 2
what's your opinion on Stalfos from OoT

I really liked the stalfos cause st first they were a challenge to me then I found out some techneques and can beat them without hurting me also they have a cool look^^

I just have always loved stalfos they inspired me to make this thread

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Stalfos in OoT always just made me mad. Especially at the end where you are escaping the crumbling tower. I wish either they took a lot of hits, or you had to plant a bomb on them after you kill them, like in LttP. I didn't find them particularly hard in OoT, just annoying.

They always made me really super pissed. The ones in The Forest Temple and the ones in Ganon's Tower. Just too difficult.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Apparantly Shiegru Myiamoto loved having them in there for the race against time. In example, the Shadow Temple. On the Boat of Time, you were forced to fight four stalfos and manage to get off before falling into an endless abyss. And in Ganon's Crumbling Tower, you had even less time! You had only about fourty five seconds if you wanted to make it out safely. Hey, those guys made me leave the castle with three seconds on the clock! The Forest Temple was full of 'em. There were at least six of them in the temple, along with a good 3 in the Shadow Temple.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
They're not as cool as Lizalfos, though..

Yeah, the Lizalfos, the sound they make. Almost chilly somehow, make me tense.

Back to topic I believe Stalfos are some of my favorite enemies. I remember having some troubles in the Forest Temple first time I played OoT, felt a room with 3 Stalfos was a bit intense back then, not anymore however.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
They weren't hard, but were rather annoying as said before, the ones in the tower were the worst :P
But they were actually challenging!
I liked how in TP you had to bomb/ball and chain their remains

They were soooooo hard the first time I fought them in the Forset Temple. It took me a long time to figure out a effective strategy.

The one you fight as a kid in the Sprirt Temple was way worse. All I could really do was hit and run, hit and run, hit and run, over and over.

Well, I never had any trouble with Stalfos at all, on my first play-through. It was easy to not even get hit. Although I did get a little annoyed when the Stalfos in the Forest temple came back more than once. Bit the real pain was doing that on the three heart challenge, which I'm trying to complete now. I don't know how many times I died before I finally got the darn Bow.

linkman8

True and Noble
On my first playthrough I might have had a little trouble with them, but overall they're not too tough as long as you're not fighting like three or four at once. In TP I think they were more fun to fight.
But I loved that part in the Shadow Temple where you fight the two Stalfos before the ship goes down. I always fight them until it hits, then I dive off the ship at the last second.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I'd have to say that the stalfos should bother people the most at ganons tower when it's crumbling to the ground escpecially if it takes you like 2:00 to kill 2 stalfos then your dead meatx.x

S

stalfo7

They always made me really super pissed. The ones in The Forest Temple and the ones in Ganon's Tower. Just too difficult.

Well we arent supposed to be too easy :cool:

But I have always thought that the Stalfos were of the most intriguing enemies in OoT. I mean, Oktoroks didnt do it for me :lol: . But especially in the Forest Temple, the Stalfos were a perfect fit.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well here's a secret when you battling ganandorf and he crushes the tower get the biggoron sword to kill them in three hits thats the part that I think would bother most people but it was no problem for me I finished out in 1:04

S

SethOmega

Stalfos were the #1 OoT monster. Sadly in TP, the Stalfos got screwed up. It was waaaay to easy in TP.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom