• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stalfos Ribs Break Off

Well, I don't really see the uniqueness here. I mean, stalfos have been losing body parts since WW, so why is it all of a sudden so cool? Can't really say that the way enemies die in a game has ever made it more enjoyable for me. Exception would be MadWorld, but that's just because it was really funny, and pulled off in extremely unique ways. It IS nice that Zelda has a bit more detail though......I guess. Anyways, I doubt that anything willl ever surpass TP's final blow in terms of cool kills, unless I'm forgetting something.

Steve

5/19/13
Well, I don't really see the uniqueness here. I mean, stalfos have been losing body parts since WW, so why is it all of a sudden so cool? Can't really say that the way enemies die in a game has ever made it more enjoyable for me. Exception would be MadWorld, but that's just because it was really funny, and pulled off in extremely unique ways. It IS nice that Zelda has a bit more detail though......I guess. Anyways, I doubt that anything willl ever surpass TP's final blow in terms of cool kills, unless I'm forgetting something.

That was a completely different scenario where the Stalfos merely feel a part upon being defeated. In this case, Link actually breaks the bones off in-battle, which is quite a bit of detail that I wouldn't expect in a Zelda game.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
Ooh. That's nice. ^^ Another couple of things I noticed where (and this one I'm not too sure about.) it looked like, while Link was fighting the Stalfos, a blue rupee just fell off the enemy while the battle was still going on. Usually, rewards only come after your opponant is dead, right? I may have just not seen when Link chopped at a tuff of grass, but everytime I watch that part over, a rupee seems to jump out of the Stalfos' spine.

Also, when Link's health was low around 5:56, Link's whole body was blinking red.

You can see the hearts fall outta Link when he loses one.

I'm exited. I've been exited this whole time, but now that I've watched this video again, I'm EXTRA special exited. XD Can hardly wait.

That was a completely different scenario where the Stalfos merely feel a part upon being defeated. In this case, Link actually breaks the bones off in-battle, which is quite a bit of detail that I wouldn't expect in a Zelda game.

I really don't see the difference between a stalfo breaking apart completely then regenerating, and then having a bone fall off during battle. Even then, this isn't all that unique to the series. We've had parts falling off bosses and enemies for a long time now. Even then, it's not like detail is a stranger to the the Zelda series. Shadsie made an excellent example concerning Colin's house in TP recently.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
That is pretty neato.
I also noticed Link looks like a woman and that when you kill enemies, they explode into a skull and crossbones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom