• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Staff and User Rankings

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
So an idea that is being tossed around with the icons, I agree there is a lot of banners and the amount that stack up on accounts is getting ridiculous over the last year.

The current suggestion kicking around is lowering the banners one has down to 3 or 4. That would be Member, Forum Staff, Site Staff, Volunteer. Then have a small icon directly beneath the tag that signifies what division they are. So we would have something like

~Member~
HK/HN/

~Forum Staff~
Admin/Mod/Coordinator/Event

~Site Staff~
news/articles/wiki/webmaster

~Volunteer~
Competitions/editor/shop keeper

Now the look, format, or type, even the basic design of the icons are up in the air and we are open to suggestion of what they should be or look like. But this is all just a wild idea dreamed up today so... Any aspect of this can change as well.
Now that's more reasonable than just killing everything. In that case it should be noted who on the wiki are admins there, who are patrollers, and who are helpful contributors. Since under that format, there's no reason not to. Same goes for other areas like if someone is a news poster or an editoral writer or manager whatever. All the various aspects. You get the idea. This system makes it more feasible to do that, something I like, it can help point out who members can message asking questions about various areas of the site that they wish to ask about. That can help everything.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Updated with Article Editor changes.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Something like this (except not drawn by me and Kitsu and put together in paint, and imagine they are all different badges)

5dce872281.jpg
I want to go ahead with this. There are a few variations on the idea we'll have to decide on, but I think a reasonable next step is to actually get some badges made. I'm thinking 36x36 (5 per row with no padding) or 32x32 (more common icon size, 5 per row with padding). Just make them a symbol with no text/initials. We can make the name of the rank appear on mouseover and/or make them link to this or another thread. I'd prefer if one person made all of them, or at least share the psd (and I'd like the psd as well). While you're at it, redesign Admin, CC, and Mod to be 180px wide and the same height as the badges. Feel free to deviate as much as you want from the current design, as long as all the new badges and banners work together as a set.

Jamie

I want to go ahead with this. There are a few variations on the idea we'll have to decide on, but I think a reasonable next step is to actually get some badges made. I'm thinking 36x36 (5 per row with no padding) or 32x32 (more common icon size, 5 per row with padding). Just make them a symbol with no text/initials. We can make the name of the rank appear on mouseover and/or make them link to this or another thread. I'd prefer if one person made all of them, or at least share the psd (and I'd like the psd as well). While you're at it, redesign Admin, CC, and Mod to be 180px wide and the same height as the badges. Feel free to deviate as much as you want from the current design, as long as all the new badges and banners work together as a set.

Completely agreed. This should happen as soon as possible. I think it's clearly the way to go.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
While I'm against the idea of removing "ranks" or whatever we want to call them, I do think that layout there looks pretty nice and is absolutely worth doing My only concern though is if it'll look okay on various skins. I have no idea about that. Skinning is not something I'm familiar with.

Jamie

I'm aware this may create a big bru ha ha, but we've decided that with the resignation of Garo as a mod (a great one, at that, you will be missed), CCs have now been given full mod capabilities. Likewise, Admins are free to use their mod capabilities within reason. We will work hard to improve communication in the future, and on behalf of the entire staff team, I apologize for prior misjudgments by the staff team that came about due a lack of proper communication.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
1. Comm co-ordinators show up as an entirely different color on every theme that's not ZD-bright.

2. Can we have a description of the shop managers? And maybe give us full control over the Market, Bank, and VBShop? just a thought

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
1. Comm co-ordinators show up as an entirely different color on every theme that's not ZD-bright.

2. Can we have a description of the shop managers? And maybe give us full control over the Market, Bank, and VBShop? just a thought

The first thing whatever but the second thing shouldn't even have to be asked for. Shop people should have full control end of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom