• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Staff and User Rankings

Garo

Boy Wonder
The Administrator rank has changed. It is no longer a moderation position, but instead is a position reflecting members who are in charge of the technical administration of the forum; layouts, coding, plug-ins, and the like. Administrators who retain moderation responsibilities are now marked as both Admins and Moderators. Reflecting this, Locke and Djinn are now moderators. Additionally, Repentance and Kitsu are now Administrators.

The Administrator rank has changed. It is no longer a moderation position, but instead is a position reflecting members who are in charge of the technical administration of the forum; layouts, coding, plug-ins, and the like. Administrators who retain moderation responsibilities are now marked as both Admins and Moderators. Reflecting this, Locke and Djinn are now moderators. Additionally, Repentance and Kitsu are now Administrators.

Just want to note that this is a distinction in name-only. Locke and Djinn were given the Moderator rank because of this "moderator responsibilities" thing. Nothing has changed on the technical side, as I have all the same permissions that come with the usergroup.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I want to congratulate Kitsu and Repentance for being promoted to such prestigious positions. They both deserve it and I am completely confident they will make the forums better.

Wiki Contributor has been removed, as it was a pointless and redundant rank (clutter, as outlined in the rank removal thread) that was really just a colorless duplicate of Wiki Scribe.

I completely disagree with the removal of the Wiki Scribe rank. There are certain active editors-fused, odd, and Heroine to name a few-that should be recognized for their hard work and dedication. As I said previously, the Wiki Scribe rank also helps new users identify who they can turn to for wiki help. That it's not a forum rank is not important as the wiki is just as major a part of the site as the main site and forums.

If Wiki Scribe is removed, Site Staff and Article Writer should be too. If they are not, Wiki Scribe should be reinstated.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Wiki Scribe rank has been removed (same reason as Wiki Contributor, reducing clutter of ranks not related to the forum).
I logged on today and quickly noticed that I lacked the rank. My initial thought was that I was demoted due to inactivity, which honestly didn't bother me. I checked other users who also frequently edit and found they were also missing the rank, which was strange because they're very active and didn't deserve a demotion. I thought the majority of us were in agreement that Wiki Contributors would go, and if anything Scribes would remain but be reverted to colorless. Personally, I'm fine with my rank/color being stripped from me, but this was beyond unexpected. None of the scribes were conversed with about the rank removal. We expected the removal of color, sure, but not the entire rank.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I'm rather upset no one consulted the wiki people before killing these wiki ranks. We didn't make those ranks for no reason. They served a purpose that we needed and now with them gone our ability to recruit new people to help out has been damaged. The banner and color were incentives to get people to join and STAY on as editors and with that gone we're going to hurt more. Our activity is already too low and we have very little we can do to get people to join. We should have been consulted first before making this arbitrary decision.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Site Staff and Article Writer should be too.

I agree, although I wanted to avoid the big bru ha ha.

What would you guys think about making the WS rank colorless, or turning it into an award?

Also, ranks shouldn't be incentive to do anything. If you are only doing your job for a rank, well, I have a personal issue with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom