• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ST Rank Among Zelda

I would have to say that Spirt Tracks isnt my favorite zelda game. It was the second DS zelda that out on the marketing and i feel as though the zelda staff could have done a lot more with it. But the game was good i would have to say that the ocean style of the game was awesome!!! :) With that said mine going to have to give the game a 9.

T

Triforce Hero

I would actually have to say that ST is one of my least favourite Zelda games. Don't get me wrong it was still a great game, but amongst the rest of the Zelda games it doesn't stand out. The reason for this is because of the travelling by Train, and I think quite a few people will agree with me with the fact that it was far to slow. This just got me bored as there were the enemies that stopped me from just leaving my DS, meaning I had to stay playing this boring section of the game. I would rank it at about 12th. (Im not including FS and FSA in this so its only out of 13).

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I loved it. I mean I love every Zelda game... Except PH...

On my list, it's my 5th favorite. It's kinda up there.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
I'd say just about second to last, with PH hitting rock bottom. It's the whole approach to progression- totally linear levels, totally linear story, totally linear everything. Everything that isn't main game content isn't worth navigating the atrocious minigames that replace real overworlds to go see. Spirit Tracks was shorter and sweeter than PH, but it still hung on to all of the worst parts and magnified them. Stealth-based dungeon that you keep going back to? Yep. No exploratory freedom on the ridiculous excuse for an overworld? Yep. Steam-powered transportation that actively discourages exploring what little optional content there is? Yep. Sidequests consist entirely of bringing object/person X to point Y for meager rewards? Yep. Completely eliminating the concept of exploration from everything they possibly can? Yep. They're technically fun, but more than any other Zelda they completely throw out the window everything that defines the series, making the only similarities the player's green clothes and the princess's name.

If it's not clear from this post, I really really don't like the DS titles.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have no problems with the DS games at all but I prefer the other games more. So it is not my least fav game because I love them all but among the games of Zelda I played it would be at the bottom

P

Phantom Ganon

Well as I just got it, this game is very nice so far approaching the Snow Realm slowly. I would rank this 5/15 games. Majora's Mask being rock bottom next to Phantom Hourglass.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Majora's Mask being rock bottom next to Phantom Hourglass.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Sorry, I'm a Majora's Mask fanboy. :$

Anyways. I've played LoZ, AoL, OoT, MM, WW, TP, PH and ST. I'm not really a huge fan of the first 2. They're kind of boring to me. I don't quite love OoT as much as everyone else and PH wasn't anything to rave about. SO for me:

1. Majora's Mask
2. Wind Waker
3. Twilight Princess
4. Spirit Tracks
5. Ocarina of Time (Sorry everyone)
6. Phantom Hourglass
7. Legend of Zelda
8. Adventure of Link

Spirit Tracks was actually a surprisingly good game. I thought that trains in a Zelda game would be a horrible idea. I was wrong. It gave the game it's own unique style, and differentiated itself from PH, even with the same graphics. Although the train kind of depleted the aspect of exploration, the game made up for it with interesting puzzles, some of my favorite items, the spirit flute which I love more than the Ocarina, OUTSTANDING music, a playable Zelda, really unique characters such as Chancellor Cole, and a really cool kind of western theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom