• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks ST Prequel?

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Its been a while since Spirit Tracks was released, so most of you should have played it by know, in it a man tries to Reincarnate Evil Demon king named Malladus, well then when was Malladus created in the first place? Would you like to see a prequel Sprit Tracks including king Malladus? And if so in what style?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
No, I'd rather have a prequel to Spirit Tracks with a new villain who DOESN'T look like Ganon. I don't care for Malladus' origins. I'd be interesting to see a new villain who would later be overthrown by Malladus, hence ST being it's sequel.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I don't care for Spirit Tracks. So whatever works for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I don't see that happening, since ST takes place less than a century from when the land is first populated by the known inteligent races, including Hylians. I'd assume that this didn't happen less than 100 years ago since it is referenced in the stating scenes that this took place in times immemorial or something along those lines.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not really. As Azure pointed out, TWW PH and ST are really quite fine as a trilogy. If anything we need either a completely new Toon Link or some other Link on the AT. <3

ST needs a sequel so that we can explore a whole new exciting and mysterious content. Not cram it into a game that is the clone of the unflattering and unimpressive one that came before it.

New Hyrule is nothing but a plot point. I hate that we've got nothing but a train, its a new continent! Where is the freedom?!

I would not like to see a prequel to Spirit Tracks because Phantom Hourglass already was said prequel. Malladus was a one time villain who need not be explained further.

In fact I'd like for Nintendo to ditch the entire Toon Link saga and leave New Hyrule for the time being. There are so many aspects of the timeline that require fleshing out such as the early connection between Skyward Sword and The Minish Cap as well as the Sealing War at the start of the Decline period.

Big Octo

=^)
I don't really want see a prequel for this game. If anything, a sequel would be more fine by me. I felt that the introduction of ST explained the premise of Malladus quite well. Anything more would seem extraneous.

Though I'd like to see more of Toon Link, I feel that the next step in Zelda should take place in the Child or Link Defeated splits, with a new adventure in Hyrule, and possibly an encounter with Ganon(dorf). After all, we haven't seen these since 2006, so a return would be nice.

Fig

The Altruist
I would love to see a game where they show the origins of Malladus! But, I want to see a boss that is new and fresh, one that has new abilities that previous bosses never had in the first place.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
If I remember correctly, the railroads were the only thing sealing Malladus, and those were already there by the time new hylians came to the land. Their origins are surely tied to Malladus', but I think that's better left as backstory. I can't see much of a story being made out of what was probably divine intervention, but since the origins or the tracks are hardly touched upon, there's not much to go by.

That said, it would be interesting to see some more of New Hyrule in the future if Nintendo decides to expand that timeline. Not much is really established there other than what ST had, so they could take it in unexpected directions. It doesn't even have to feature toon link artstyle. =\

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I don't think I'd wat to see the origins of Malladus but I would be interested in playing Link and Tetra's journey from the end of WW to the discovery and colonisation of New Hyrule.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I'd think it would be interesting if Malladus was actually the king of what would be the ST Hyrule. In the game, you would fight him and his forces to gain control of the land he possesses.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
No, I'd rather have a prequel to Spirit Tracks with a new villain who DOESN'T look like Ganon. I don't care for Malladus' origins. I'd be interesting to see a new villain who would later be overthrown by Malladus, hence ST being it's sequel.
That sounds like it would be interesting.

A

Awesomeoreos

I think they should make a two player prequel in which player 1 link and player 2 tetra seal away malladus. I also think that tetra will help alot more in the series and such. I think that in the dungeons all items come in pairs for tetra. I also think that you can play 1 player and control link and tetra like in spirit tracks. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom