• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ST Missing Link?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
i don't know if i'm the only one who noticed this, but this game has some refrences towards TMC.
For instance, the 4 forces, force gems, and especialy the map of hyrule castle. and is it possiple that the minish may be the spirits that is mentioned in ST?

There isn't really solid proof for this theory but what are your thougts?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Actually, Force Gems have been around since the very first Zelda game, Force Gems are pretty much like life force, it's very likely the Triforce is the Force Gems of the goddesses. Minish Cap could work after ST, but not very well, for one, it'd mean that FSA would have to go sometime after it, which has things like Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Gerudo Desert, etc. which are all absent from ST.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
Actually, Force Gems have been around since the very first Zelda game

Uh... not sure where you got that from. I like the out of the box thinking though, you could have a good point, just needs a little more to sell me on that one. The Triforce being force gems of the godesses? It's a good thought, but not in the first game (that's of course if you're referencing to LoZ)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Actually, Force Gems have been around since the very first Zelda game, Force Gems are pretty much like life force, it's very likely the Triforce is the Force Gems of the goddesses. Minish Cap could work after ST, but not very well, for one, it'd mean that FSA would have to go sometime after it, which has things like Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Gerudo Desert, etc. which are all absent from ST.

that doesn't mean that some places can't be re-named.
Then explain me OOT/WW/TP. Those names also pop up in those tites, but i hardly doubt its the same place.
With ST, there is an Hyrule Caslte, there is also an Outset village (European version, US version is Aboda Village).

Like i said, there is no solid proof or clue.
But what you said isn't really a reason to disaprove this theory.

Definitely an interesting thought, although a few things wouldn't make sense. For example, if the good spirits were the Picori, where did they get the power to fight Malladus? In MC, only Ezlo and Vaati of the Minish were anything like magic users (as far as I know), and Malladus is supposed to be extremely powerful.
Other than that, there's the trouble of what exactly Malladus is. I don't think there's any way he could be Vaati, and if ST takes place in the same Hyrule as MC, where would Malladus have come from, and when would the battle between him and the good spirits have taken place? It would have to have been after MC, because there certainly weren't train tracks lying around in MC. I suppose MC Hyrule would have had to have been abandoned at some point, and then been rediscovered in ST, but that sounds pretty unlikely.
Overall, it's interesting speculation, but kind of unlikely sounding.

Odin

The Dark Prince of Hyrule
I haven't played MC or FAS but you might have point but MC was probably the beginning of the Toon Link series then was FAS then WW set years after wards PH was directly after WW now ST 100yrs from PH might have rediscover the old hyrule than the new one. In other it's a huge circle.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
that doesn't mean that some places can't be re-named.
Then explain me OOT/WW/TP. Those names also pop up in those tites, but i hardly doubt its the same place.
With ST, there is an Hyrule Caslte, there is also an Outset village (European version, US version is Aboda Village).

Like i said, there is no solid proof or clue.
But what you said isn't really a reason to disaprove this theory.
It's called Hyrule castle because WW Link and Tetra wanted to find a new Hyrule.
Also, every Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, and Gerudo desert are the same place in every game they appear in (unless your a AT placer), the only exception when it comes to geographical features are lost woods, since we've had multiple lost woods throughout the series.

@Evil Space Fish, if the Triforces are big force gems, then that would mean force gems were in the original LoZ.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
It's called Hyrule castle because WW Link and Tetra wanted to find a new Hyrule.
Also, every Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, and Gerudo desert are the same place in every game they appear in (unless your a AT placer), the only exception when it comes to geographical features are lost woods, since we've had multiple lost woods throughout the series.

@Evil Space Fish, if the Triforces are big force gems, then that would mean force gems were in the original LoZ.

I highly doubt that,
And what i don't understand is how you can make that statement without any reasons behind it. Just beause its the same name doesn't have to mean that its the same place.
For instance: you really think that Death Mountain in Loz, Aol, Oot, Fsa, TP is all in the same place?

Anyway back on topic, blackice_cc gave a good reason. But still, the hyrule in TMC or Alttp, is it this new hyrule that appears in ST?
Most people assume that TMC is at the very beginning of the timeline, but there isn't also solid prove for that. Ever since this whole split-timeline, things became more confusing. One other hint may be, that the adult timeline has only been cell-shaded style.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I highly doubt that,
And what i don't understand is how you can make that statement without any reasons behind it. Just beause its the same name doesn't have to mean that its the same place.
For instance: you really think that Death Mountain in Loz, Aol, Oot, Fsa, TP is all in the same place?

Anyway back on topic, blackice_cc gave a good reason. But still, the hyrule in TMC or Alttp, is it this new hyrule that appears in ST?
Most people assume that TMC is at the very beginning of the timeline, but there isn't also solid prove for that. Ever since this whole split-timeline, things became more confusing. One other hint may be, that the adult timeline has only been cell-shaded style.
Of course they are the same, why would you think otherwise?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Of course they are the same, why would you think otherwise?

My first reason would be the timeline.
second would be the geography.
third would be, there are now 2 different hyrules or maybe even 3, that is what timeline you would assume yourself. The way i see it that OOT, TP and TWW is related with eachother, and that has been proven. Some titles are directly related with eachother while others don't.
So in other words, now that this new hyrule is official been confirmed, that could mean that TMC and Alttp may also be the new hyrule. In fact, people already assumed that Alttp was a different hyrule before spirit tracks came in the picture, personally i doubt that because old hyrule was created by the 3 goddesses.

But regarding the technology in ST, that would be also be unlikely. But, that technology was already there before Link and Zelda discovered the new land, it doesn't have to mean that those spirits or those tracks lasted forever.

So here is my question back at you, why would you assume that all those places are the same?

Last edited:

Megamannt125

Blue Link
My first reason would be the timeline.
second would be the geography.
third would be, there are now 2 different hyrules or maybe even 3, that is what timeline you would assume yourself. The way i see it that OOT, TP and TWW is related with eachother, and that has been proven. Some titles are directly related with eachother while others don't.
So in other words, now that this new hyrule is official been confirmed, that could mean that TMC and Alttp may also be the new hyrule. In fact, people already assumed that Alttp was a different hyrule before spirit tracks came in the picture, personally i doubt that because old hyrule was created by the 3 goddesses.

But regarding the technology in ST, that would be also be unlikely. But, that technology was already there before Link and Zelda discovered the new land, it doesn't have to mean that those spirits or those tracks lasted forever.

So here is my question back at you, why would you assume that all those places are the same?
That's why I said "Unless your an AT placer", if you place games like LoZ and ALTTP on the AT then this doesn't apply, but if you put all these games on the CT, then there would be no reason why they wouldn't all be the same place, if not then that would mean there were 5 or 6 death mountains in one Hyrule and 5 or 6 lake Hylia's.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You know I think you might just be right on this. After all this could possibly be the 'world swallowing' event that the intro of Minish Cap stated.

If the Spirits that were part of the battle were the Minish then who knows, maybe that sword that Link gets (going off trailer memory here) is the Picori Blade.

And Force Gems actually I never really thought of being around in every Triforce game as the Triforce. Although it does make sense now that I think about it.

And if it is true that ST is the 'world swallowing' event mentioned in MC then it would place FS after MC, FSA after FS, and possibly even ALttP, LA, LoZ, and AoL which is awesome.

Although my only thought that would disprove this is that Link has a hat in this game while in the stained glass intro of MC he didn't.

You know I think you might just be right on this. After all this could possibly be the 'world swallowing' event that the intro of Minish Cap stated.

If the Spirits that were part of the battle were the Minish then who knows, maybe that sword that Link gets (going off trailer memory here) is the Picori Blade.

And Force Gems actually I never really thought of being around in every Triforce game as the Triforce. Although it does make sense now that I think about it.

And if it is true that ST is the 'world swallowing' event mentioned in MC then it would place FS after MC, FSA after FS, and possibly even ALttP, LA, LoZ, and AoL which is awesome.

Although my only thought that would disprove this is that Link has a hat in this game while in the stained glass intro of MC he didn't.

If MC comes after ST, where in the world did the train tracks and the spirit tower go? And anyways, MC's stained glass intro talks about the world being overrun with monsters, but in ST that never really happens. There are enemies there before hand, yes, but Malladus being resurrected didn't bring more enemies, or more powerful ones, except himself.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
If MC comes after ST, where in the world did the train tracks and the spirit tower go? And anyways, MC's stained glass intro talks about the world being overrun with monsters, but in ST that never really happens. There are enemies there before hand, yes, but Malladus being resurrected didn't bring more enemies, or more powerful ones, except himself.

I mentioned this before.
Putting Malladus, or Minish aside. Because i also doubt that these spirits has something to do with the minish.
But is it that weird to assume that the Hyrule in TMC plays in this new hyrule? I mean, the goddesses supposed to have created hyrule from scratch. if that is so, then why would most people assume that the hyrule in TMC is at the very beginning of the timeline. There is nothing mentioned about the goddesses or the triforce or the master sword, ect... in TMC. there are only refrences like, the triforce crest or Din/Farore/Nayru as characters.

That's why I said "Unless your an AT placer", if you place games like LoZ and ALTTP on the AT then this doesn't apply, but if you put all these games on the CT, then there would be no reason why they wouldn't all be the same place, if not then that would mean there were 5 or 6 death mountains in one Hyrule and 5 or 6 lake Hylia's.
We can discuss bout this subject forever so i will drop it. i don't mean that they are all different, the only difference i make is the location. landscape chances...
for instance, that the hidden village in TP is the old kakariko village.
But still, there are a few locations that has simply been re-named, and you gave a perfect example yourself, the lost woods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom